Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Yze needs to cut the rope with dome of these senior players .
6 new 1st rounders will , be what's required .

Reactions: 1 users
I just can't see him surviving.
Not sure the game style..
We use to dominate 23 categories in the game, I would be shocked if we are top 5 in any of them today.
The mass exodus is really bad sign.
It's going to be a really empty 6 months waiting for the new season to start.

Can’t think of a worse coach than this dud.
Mark Neeld was better then this.

• Wow
Dimma in the presser: "Had a joke with Ooze at end of game and both stated Richmond killing Richmond and Gold Coast killing Gold Coast"

Let's forget win loss for a second.

I have a question.

Why do players train one position in the VFL, and play a different position in the ones?

Ross plays centre, comes in and put on the wing.

Maurice plays centre, comes in and plays half forward.

Kaleb Smith plays half back, comes in and plays half forward.

Kosi plays back for two weeks, gets promoted, plays forward.

Sonsie plays mid, comes in, plays forward.

Samson plays first ruck, comes in plays forward.

I get we have needs and surpluses.

But this is the absolute worst way to develop your team, and players. This isn't even mentioning Balta getting shifted weekly and Bolton playing out of position half the year. Or Baker, who's best role has been at half back, playing mid forward.

No wonder so many players have failed to develop, or gone backwards.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

I have a question.

Why do players train one position in the VFL, and play a different position in the ones?

But this is the absolute worst way to develop your team, and players. This isn't even mentioning Balta getting shifted weekly and Bolton playing out of position half the year. Or Baker, who's best role has been at half back, playing mid forward.

Tbf this nonsense started under Hardwick and suggests to me that the leftovers of his coaching staff are still calling many of the shots. Hopefully this will start to change next year.

Reactions: 1 user

I have a question.

*smile* coach, *smile* system, *smile* communication. Disconnect everywhere.

A poorly skilled and physically limited playing list doesn't help either.

There's this other thing.

I have no opinion on Yze the coach. Sure, there is no evidence. But there is the certainty, that Richmond is spoony. There is before us the glorious epoch of the spoony spoon.

*What, so it doesn't matter who coaches us?*

Kinda. We need a standards coach. A fundamentals coach.

*But Yze is a visionary!* or *But we need a visionary coach!*

When Dogwick walked out on his contract he hurt us. It gave us a small field to choose from. Not a high likelihood of finding a visionary. But if Yze is not that visionary it gives us time to identify one.

*But all the geniuses of the club have left. Who will find a visionary*

I don't know. Blair is pretty good.

*But all the mistakes Blair made! He can't find anyone.*

Mistakes are overrated. Blair got us some of our three flags. And Frank.

*Blair chose The Great Eye of the Potato to replace Frank.*

He did. It was worse a worse choice than Yarran. Blair *smile* that.

*This Livingstone is the problem.*

I posted earlier in the year about The Academy. The RFC learning establishment. (Gale has overseen a lot of this. Perhaps under Peggy's tutelage.) It is hard to apprehend Livingstone's involvement but he is the constant in the overlap of peak Richmond and peak RFC 2024. 2024 was good early.

*But RFC 2024 was a disaster.*

Yes. But the way we educate footballers is outstanding.

*Are you mad?*

You have to study VFL form to get a handle on who we are in 2024. Our programmes, standards, teaching, RECRUITING, are top of the tree.

*So you're saying it's Steve Morris then?*

Morris is good. He's doing a good job. He's no Fly but he's good. The Academy was in good shape at each level when we almost mugged Carlscum in R1.

We have a culture. We have intelligence. The smart play for RFC right now is scorched earth trade into drafts. This is not a new idea. Scorched earth bottom out and draft.

And here we are.

*Oh but all these players deserting us are rats etc.*

They're helping us. Maybe Yze will too.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

I have a question.

Post of the year.
I've said this for 20 yrs.
We drafted forwards turn them into defenders.
Wingers into half backs etc.
It's great having swing men but you don't need 22.

I have a question.

That’s a fair critique.

I think Yze is a bit of a ‘countering’ coach in the mold of Chris Scott, who is very, very good at what he does.

We’ve had good discussions around this on PRE - offensive, defensive and adaptive philosophies.

To implement the adaptive style you need players who are comfortable in multiple positions.

Yze’s problem is that he’s inherited a squad thoroughly entrenched in the philosophy of “know your position, know your role”.

The senior players may have been hard to coach in many ways.

Yze is possibly less system-based than Hardwick. This is only speculation but I reckon the ‘adaptive’ tactical style may be the highest degree of difficulty, making you look like an absolute chump if you are saddled with a list that flat out can’t implement it.

I look at this season and beyond the constant injuries, which would cruel any tactical vision, we look to have deployed a rudimentary turnover game, a stop-gap of sorts.

He needs the cattle, he needs some runway. This off-season he can work with Blair and set down a real blueprint for coming seasons.

I’d love to judge him on tactics but I will hold fire for at least another season.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

I have a question.

Good post. If I could ask Yze one question this year it would be about why he's played so many players out of position in the snrs. That to me has been his biggest failing of the year.

Reactions: 3 users
He gave the fitness staff a bit of a poke in the press conference .. around the 3.20 mark

Reactions: 4 users

I have a question.

We’re trying to squeeze too many mids into the side and resort to playing them out of position
Needs HF that hit the scoreboard not mids resting there having a break