Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I've got real faith in Yze, I reckon he could take us B2B wooden Spoons.
This is was shai leaving this training this
morning

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN
I wish he ran that fast to apply pressure during games this year.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Then journalist asked what sort of expectations Ooze was placing on the team, to which he replied that he wasn't placing a ceiling on where they could finish.

This is a standard and well worn straight bat media response that is intentionally optimistic in view of providing space for belief and positivity regarding the future and what can be achieved, rather than a declaration of where the list is at or what he 'expected them to achieve'.

He went onto comment that he got upside from watching other teams rise from the bottom half of the ladder and then go onto play finals (like GWS), and then immediately added that this didn't mean that Richmond would achieve the same but was something that they would 'strive to do'.

And that he 'wanted the players to walk into the club thinking that they could achieve anything, and that there would be bumps in the road'

Again, his comments were general statements about belief, positivity and mind-set around what they could achieve (which are perfectly reasonable coming from a coach), and in no way declarations on the state of the list of what he expected them to achieve this year.

Yet somehow you are attempting to frame them as some sort of proof that he considered the team to be a serious finals contender, when this is not reflected in what he actually said.
No mate you're changing the narrative to suit your argument.

He's a dreamer mate and here's another classic line by him right near the end:

I am happy to assess Adem in another 2 years. We are now in full rebuild/development mode and he needs to be assessed in his ability to develop the talent coming in over the next couple of drafts.

Surrounding him with the right development coaches is critical.

He is a much better fit than both Clarkson at North and Dimma at the Suns.

Reactions: 6 users
No mate you're changing the narrative to suit your argument.

He's a dreamer mate and here's another classic line by him right near the end:

You're really starting to reach now.

The article and video that you pointed to as evidence that Ooze stated the Tigers were going to be a top 4 team in no way supports your argument.

And now you are claiming that I have somehow changed the narrative to suit my argument, (when all I did was relay what he actually said to highlight how you misconstrued it in an attempt to support your own point of view)

And this clip is even better; you've taken an internal puff piece video where Ooze stated that he wanted the team to be 'difficult to play against' (which every coach wants), as some sort of evidence that he's a crap coach (because the team didn't immediately perform well this year).

Seriously?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You're really starting to reach now.

The article and video that you pointed to as evidence that Ooze stated the Tigers were going to be a top 4 team in no way supported your argument.

And now you are claiming that I have somehow changed the narrative to suit my argument, (when all I did was relay what he actually said to highlight how you misconstrued it in an attempt to support your own point of view)

And this clip is even better; you've taken an internal puff piece video where Ooze stated that he wanted the team to be 'difficult to play against' (which every coach wants), as some sort of evidence that he's a crap coach (because the team didn't immediately perform well this year).

Seriously?
You can read into what my argument is as much as you like, but the fact is Yze aimed high and ended up falling on his own sword. Now take a rest as he's had a bad year injuries or not as well as players wanting out. He's the worst performed coach in our history and all his preseason talk has left egg on his face. Again STRAWMAN I never said he was a crap coach. I'm going to judge him properly after next season, but he's got a mountain to climb. You think because posters say things regarding his faults that they want him sacked or he's crap. Too simple for me your logic as it's discussion so don't be so precious and over protective .
If you aren't concerned with all the *smile* that's happened this year under him then you're just trolling. lol

I am happy to assess Adem in another 2 years. We are now in full rebuild/development mode and he needs to be assessed in his ability to develop the talent coming in over the next couple of drafts.

wisdom

Reactions: 1 users
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

but, but, mum, he told us we wouldn't need a rebuild

he told us we'd be top four

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

blind freddy can see where the list is at

so many peanuts on this thread

Reactions: 1 users
You can read into what my argument is as much as you like, but the fact is Yze aimed high and ended up falling on his own sword. Now take a rest as he's had a bad year injuries or not as well as players wanting out. He's the worst performed coach in our history and all his preseason talk has left egg on his face. Again STRAWMAN I never said he was a crap coach. I'm going to judge him properly after next season, but he's got a mountain to climb.
You're dancing around now.

He hasn't fallen on is sword, nor does he have egg on his face.

All Ooze did was make general and aspirational statements about mind-set, growth and how he would like the team to play.

And your evidence didn't support your claims about what he said. (Which I'm not going to cover again here)

You may not have literally typed 'Adem is a crap coach', however you have certainly insinuated it through various comments you have made about where the team is at on the ladder, what he has apparently said and even his own achievements.

It's a mixed bag of logical leaps, correlation equating to causation and the conflation of disparate facts that you are shoehorning into your own version of reality.

Which you're entitled to do; it's a free world.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Totally agree and I would add that whether we are happy or not doesn’t really matter because he will be our coach for the next two years at least.
I just reckon we need to back him and the first thing I will continue to do tomorrow and again next year is go to matches. I’m going to enjoy watching the new cubs run around.
It is also important for recruiting. If we have free agents and other potential recruits we are looking at and they see fans at games supporting the team even when we are down that’s a big positive imo.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
You're dancing around now.

He hasn't fallen on is sword, nor does he have egg on his face.

All Ooze did was make general and aspirational statements about mind-set, growth and how he would like the team to play.

And your evidence didn't support your claims about what he said. (Which I'm not going to cover again here)

You may not have literally typed 'Adem is a crap coach', however you have certainly insinuated through various comments you have made about where the team is at on the ladder, what he has apparently said and even his own achievements.

It's a mixed bag of logical leaps, correlation equating to causation and the conflation of disparate facts that you are shoehorning into your own version of reality.

Which you're entitled to do; it's a free world.
No you are paranoid and over sensitive and can't accept people's responses if they say anything slightly against the club. Deal with it ok as i wish you were right as we would all be happy, but the truth of the matter there's a lot to be concerned about. People are entitled to their opinions and don't need a STRAWMAN putting words in their mouth just because they're insecure about a bit of criticism made against the coach. All my evidence was correct and i'm done arguing over it as you appear to be emotionally hurting.

Totally agree and I would add that whether we are happy or not doesn’t really matter because he will be our coach for the next two years at least.
I just reckon we need to back him and the first thing I will continue to do tomorrow and again next year is go to matches. I’m going to enjoy watching the new cubs run around.
It is also important for recruiting. If we have free agents and other potential recruits we are looking at and they see fans at games supporting the team even when we are down that’s a big positive imo.
and he's contracted for the next two years and doesn't mean he'll be our coach for it. Dimma was contracted with us and did a runner and you never know what may happen to YZE if another year like this happens. Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.

and he's contracted for the next two years and doesn't mean he'll be our coach for it. Dimma was contracted with us and did a runner and you never know what may happen to YZE if another year like this happens. Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.
Didn’t mention his contract.

He will be coach for the next 2 years because we don’t go around sacking our coaches and knee jerking to outside noise like we used to. It’s not the 1980s.

Get used to it and back him.

Reactions: 2 users