Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Rubbish. A ceiling on finishing fourth. He even expected higher by his words. He totally over estimated our list whereas Newman was well aware we needed a rebuild and wasn’t selected as the coach.

This article is not the slam dunk you think it is.

Reactions: 1 user
until every premiership player is off the list would be my obvious choice.
I like you are standing by your guns and obviously a lot disagree.

I’d challenge you to rethink.

Say Tom Lynch. Has brand new forward line to work with.

What does he get from having a picture with jack riewoldt in it and him and also knowing jack wanted everyone to move on. The picture is still in the building and he would have his own memorabilia in his house. How would he as a leader be wanting Lefau, Bauer and mansell to be thinking? Would he think that helps them? Does seeing the past inspire him to recreate it or does it make him sit on his laurels?

If the bulk of the leadership wanted it relocated why not support that?

What would those young guys think? Surely they want to create their own name vs being jack mark ii or caddy mark ii.

Reactions: 2 users
Read Jack Riewoldt's book to get a players account of feelings regarding this (non) issue.

Beside that in 1902 we weren't even in the VFL let alone the AFL. So really it doesn't count towards our flag tally.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
He really didn’t.

And the club is on record as stating that one of the reasons why he got the job was his honesty regarding the list.

What they decided to try this year we can’t be 100% certain of, but like all organisations they will be assessing in real time and adjusting short and long term goals as results and data comes in.

You’re choosing to use general statements made by many coaches to the media such as ‘not putting a ceiling on things’ in an attempt to bolster your argument that Ooze is some sort of cheerleader with no idea who sucked the club in with a pied piper story about the playing group and what could be achieved with it.

When in reality the club has stated that hey wanted a new coach that would grow with the team.

That doesn’t read as wanting a coach that would immediately have the team as a flag contender.

And you keep bringing up Newy like he was the other side of a coin which read ‘rebuild’ on one side and ‘go again on’ on the other.

How much rebuilding was he going to do in 23 rounds of this year?
he really didn't lol

I like you are standing by your guns and obviously a lot disagree.

I’d challenge you to rethink.

Say Tom Lynch. Has brand new forward line to work with.

What does he get from having a picture with jack riewoldt in it and him and also knowing jack wanted everyone to move on. The picture is still in the building and he would have his own memorabilia in his house. How would he as a leader be wanting Lefau, Bauer and mansell to be thinking? Would he think that helps them? Does seeing the past inspire him to recreate it or does it make him sit on his laurels?

If the bulk of the leadership wanted it relocated why not support that?

What would those young guys think? Surely they want to create their own name vs being jack mark ii or caddy mark ii.
That's your take on it and it could be correct, but i'm not buying it as the players never looked content as the year progressed. Incredible contracted players are up for trade which is hard to decipher.

Brendan Gale gave us the biggest hint when talking about what the club is now looking for in a coach.

Gifted, yes, skilled, of course. But an oracle of footy knowledge? Not immediately.

We want the head coach to grow with the players, like Hardwick did. Build relationships.

Discover together. This is the new meta, the secret sauce. Old Pagan? Stubborn Malthouse? Loopy Lyon? No.

Younger coaches who don’t know it all, who make mistakes and learn with the players. THIS forges the strongest bonds of all. There is no doubt in my mind. Gale is right.

You cannot do that with an older, decorated list. They’ve been there already. They’re Hardwick’s men.

Well-intentioned, absolutely. Look at Rioli this year.

But football is about waves these days. Waves of emotion, waves of cohesion, finding that lightning in the bottle and taking it all the way.

You need a common purpose for that. A shared, unbreakable resolve that is undeniable.

In practical terms, you need a core of players coming through with the coach, experiencing the journey with the coach.

We all know where the list is. A last vestige of a golden era, a ballroom of half-filled champagne glasses.

The cult of premiership still pervaded the club, even as Yze stepped through the door. In terms of progression, he is year zero. Still sweeping confetti into the corner.

The club knows what success looks like. How can they not? But there is a certain care, a certain duty to heroes that remain.

Several have retired. Gracefully, on their own terms. Culture upheld like a proud flag over the gates.

The rest of our heroes have been told the club is now cultivating new ground. The hardest conversations have been had and these heroes will continue elsewhere.

There are many in here who question the culture. I understand the point of view but the timelines tell us otherwise. Bolton was perfectly happy until he was not. Rioli also. The club has laid down a vision, a pathway. Coach and players on the same journey. We need draft currency to access the fast lane.

The club is firmly in control. I repeat, the club is in control. Hartley has successfully sold the vision, this is clear. Gale knows what is required more than anyone - he knows what is looming from Tassie.

Punt Road is letting go of the past.

It’s about discovery now. My advice is to relax and enjoy the coming years because I reckon the club has its eyes on the road and hands on the wheel for the first time in years.
Carter, hope that comes from inside knowledge! Because being a mere member I get little communication from Off-Field Richmond Management and truly fear the club is going no where, just treading water.

We all know it takes strong progressive off-field management, with a plan and direction to win premierships On- Field.

Maybe you could encourage those running the club to communicate more with the members?

Because, when you don't know what's happening inside the club, you question the value in buying next years membership.......

• Wow
That's your take on it and it could be correct, but i'm not buying it as the players never looked content as the year progressed. Incredible contracted players are up for trade which is hard to decipher.

Unhappy players wanting to retire or be traded would be because of things like not liking the game plan, getting smashed most weeks and finishing bottom and the disgraceful injury list.

Moving Premiership photos to the Premiership memorabilia area would probably have zero to do with it.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
ok who said it was the slam dunk? Find the real article then? lol
You continually state that Ooze said he was going to have the team top 4, which he didn't.

And left a link to an article as evidence of him doing so, which didn't make your case in the slightest.

Hence my slam dunk remark.

Unhappy players wanting to retire or be traded would be because of things like not liking the game plan, getting smashed most weeks and finishing bottom and the disgraceful injury list.

Moving Premiership photos to the Premiership memorabilia area would probably have zero to do with it.
probably is the most important word in your post. ;)

This topic is actually replicating what may have happened in that Senior player's meeting. That being although a vote for the removal was in the FOR, some may have been in the NEGATIVE.:):unsure::cool:

Classic PRE

we have had the year from hell and there are arguments going on about taking pictures off the wall :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Classic PRE

we have had the year from hell and there are arguments going on about taking pictures off the wall :ROFLMAO:
I can feel for Ooze as new coach in 1st year having to state words like "we have won 3 flags in 4 years"..."2020 was a great year"...we this, we that. He was never part of our recent success so it becomes difficult to stamp his ways into a new job. Some just need to wake the f up. Any player sooking for taking pictures of the wall would be the softest of softs.

You continually state that Ooze said he was going to have the team top 4, which he didn't.

And left a link to an article as evidence of him doing so, which didn't make your case in the slightest.

Hence my slam dunk remark.

go to 10:28 on video
It's exactly as the slam dunk article you're claiming to be .

I'm getting essendum like vibes from this. They picked the coach who said no rebuild was needed.
let hope it doesn't go the same way

I'm getting essendum like vibes from this. They picked the coach who said no rebuild was needed.
Does it matter who said what?

The rebuild is on no matter what anyone said at the time.

• Dislike
go to 10:28 on video
It's exactly as the slam dunk article you're claiming to be .

Then journalist asked what sort of expectations Ooze was placing on the team, to which he replied that he wasn't placing a ceiling on where they could finish.

This is a standard and well worn straight bat media response that is intentionally optimistic in view of providing space for belief and positivity regarding the future and what can be achieved, rather than a declaration of where the list is at or what he 'expected them to achieve'.

He went onto comment that he got upside from watching other teams rise from the bottom half of the ladder and then go onto play finals (like GWS), and then immediately added that this didn't mean that Richmond would achieve the same but was something that they would 'strive to do'.

And that he 'wanted the players to walk into the club thinking that they could achieve anything, and that there would be bumps in the road'

Again, his comments were general statements about belief, positivity and mind-set around what they could achieve (which are perfectly reasonable coming from a coach), and in no way declarations on the state of the list of what he expected them to achieve this year.

Yet somehow you are attempting to frame them as some sort of proof that he considered the team to be a serious finals contender, when this is not reflected in what he actually said.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I've got real faith in Yze, I reckon he could take us B2B wooden Spoons.
This is was shai leaving this training this
morning

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Yeah it's crazy; imagine how much further along the rebuild we would have been if Newman was the coach?

All the different players we would have already had this year.

How much better would this year have obviously been?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users