Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

If a team does not turn up to play then that is on the coach.

Connection and communication issues across all lines. Again that is on the coaches.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
He is in trouble he is not going to be our next coach that takes us to the finals.
We can’t kick a score have not been over 100 pts all year and are lucky to kick 10 goals a game.
If we start the season like we have ended this one he will be gone before the end of next year.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
We all know if there’s a similar year to this next year the board will sack him. It’s just not economically viable and morale building having such poor results like this. Sad thing was lots were saying we would improve once we got our midfielders back, but we were worse.
Clarke and Blair basically built a list of unskilled , slow and poor decision makers mids and it then bled into all other areas.
Ryan, Kosi, Cumberland, Coulthard, Dow , Short exposed, KMac, Pickett , Prestia and Grimes on pensions, Graham offered a deal when Eagles want him , Naismith recruited etc etc
We don’t even have a top six let alone a bottom six.
Yze really has nothing and sadly he can’t really do much next year with all the substandard players still left on the list. He’d just be best to play as many kids as possible like Dimma did in 2010 and hope the new draftees can improve us by the second half of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If we don’t beat GC, 2024 will officially be our worst season the in the history of the club.

Reactions: 2 users
Geelol have an ordinary list and look how Salty has them playing. They never bottom out.

Reactions: 1 users
Geelol have an ordinary list and look how Salty has them playing. They never bottom out.
They nail their trades and mid to late picks. We failed after Lynch with trades and our drafting has been horrendous
In Toce we trust now and I’m happy still with Blight and Gray. Just want midfielders of the highest skills and good pace in them.

Yze will need to make a few statements next year. Today I saw a high priced player go down then stay on his haunches with the play still live around him. A few minutes later he was flying for a mark of the year attempt.

I’ve seen it all before too many times.

Leadership for the kids?

Reactions: 1 users
It's tough for Adem. We have drafted very poorly for a sustained period since about 2018. If you add that to the Hopper trade and its a train wreck.

Ideally you don't trade out your best players in the 25 - 27 year old age group but given how bad we are it is probably best for the club. If Matt Clarke was still in charge I wouldn't do it. Some of Toce's picks are showing some promise at the Saints.

We are heading towards the worst win loss in the clubs history with Shai, Bakes and Danny. One top end pick a year won't get us out of this mess. We need multiple early picks.

The Hawks have the blue print. Draft players who can run and compete. It's useless being a good kick if you can't run and compete. Also complement it with undervalued players from other clubs. Just like we did with the FJ and Blair combination.

Reactions: 3 users
It's tough for Adem. We have drafted very poorly for a sustained period since about 2018. If you add that to the Hopper trade and its a train wreck.

Ideally you don't trade out your best players in the 25 - 27 year old age group but given how bad we are it is probably best for the club. If Matt Clarke was still in charge I wouldn't do it. Some of Toce's picks are showing some promise at the Saints.

We are heading towards the worst win loss in the clubs history with Shai, Bakes and Danny. One top end pick a year won't get us out of this mess. We need multiple early picks.

The Hawks have the blue print. Draft players who can run and compete. It's useless being a good kick if you can't run and compete.
Don't use Hawthorn as a blueprint.
Use us 2010
Hawthorn have a group that a playing for the coach
We have a group not playing for the coach.
Compare the desperation of a rookie Newcombe to Tarranto ( he doesn't give a *smile*)
Is Scilly better then Vaulstin?
Is that kid from our 2nds better then Ross or Rioli?
Is Chol better then Balta?
Is Frost better the Miller??
Is Bolton better then Gillivan & Watson??
Hawthorn are running on water, while we are running in steel cap boots in mud.
We pumped Hawthorn 2 yrs ago and they looked worse then us. A good coach and a group believing in the team will always succeed.
11 players from Moore Scilly Newcombe Gunstan Breust played on this day.Screenshot_20240819_000724_AFL.jpg

Last edited:
Yze will need to make a few statements next year. Today I saw a high priced player go down then stay on his haunches with the play still live around him. A few minutes later he was flying for a mark of the year attempt.

I’ve seen it all before too many times.

Leadership for the kids?
Never seen so many senior players walking and not chasing …we have gone from the premier powerhouse 2 way running machine, to the worst - in a few seasons. I understand the personnel has changed - but where have the standards gone? They need to invest heavily in young midfield running machines.

Reactions: 6 users
Never seen so many senior players walking and not chasing …we have gone from the premier powerhouse 2 way running machine, to the worst - in a few seasons. I understand the personnel has changed - but where have the standards gone? They need to invest heavily in young midfield running machines.
And high-character guys. We have so very few amongst the senior ranks, the standards may need to be set by the kids rather than the other way around.

I haven’t bagged Yze this year as I’ve wanted to allow him 12 months grace, knowing how much of a *smile* sandwich he was inheriting from Dimma.

However, I’m concerned at how many non-negotiable things are clearly being negotiated by the playing group! Soft physical efforts, no effort in the chase, poor accountability in both defensive marking and attacking ball use. It’s been happening all year and I’m not seeing much in the way of coaching to lift standards.

Agree. It was patently obvious in the first quarter. Guys just strolling back when Hawthorn had the ball, giving their opponents 10 to 15 metres. Totally unacceptable. At least Hugo tried. He was about the only one in that first quarter that was prepared to run both ways.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Has had a full year of grace free from criticism, but wont get the same next year if things dont change.
If things happen what is suppose to be happening come trade & draft period ,Yze's 1st year starts next year.
Will basically have his team.
Not expecting miracles next year but just a good look at what game plan he's after.
His"2nd" year will be telling.

Agree. It was patently obvious in the first quarter. Guys just strolling back when Hawthorn had the ball, giving their opponents 10 to 15 metres. Totally unacceptable. At least Hugo tried. He was about the only one in that first quarter that was prepared to run both ways.
First time this year I saw Yze genuinely pissed off in his presser. Also the first time he put the heat on the experienced blokes. The exit meetings this year will be interesting.

Reactions: 6 users
The rot started pre-season.

• Love
First time this year I saw Yze genuinely pissed off in his presser. Also the first time he put the heat on the experienced blokes. The exit meetings this year will be interesting.
Yeah. He said they didn't come ready to play. And they didn't. That's a worry.

Broad took the group aside at quarter time before the coaches could get to them and he gave them all what looked like a fair old going over.

I noticed it too Aces.

Coach is settling in.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Is that on coaching or the players bluggering and checked out ?.

Last edited:
Was upset yesterday .Did anyone hear him mention that the players were told during the first quarter to slow it down but still set up at the stoppages for fast football, and it was not until the quarter time break that they changed that mindset. If that is correct, the leaders of the club were not following coaching instructions. That's not Yze. That's on rotten apples that need to go.