Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Never seen so many senior players walking and not chasing …we have gone from the premier powerhouse 2 way running machine, to the worst - in a few seasons. I understand the personnel has changed - but where have the standards gone? They need to invest heavily in young midfield running machines.
The problem is we had Edwards now we have Tarranto.
The problem is we had Lambert now we have Hopper.
If we could go back, (I'm to blame too)
We shouldve kept going to the draft.
But we have been sooo *smile* at the draft since 2017, everyone wanted a ready to go player (s).

Reactions: 1 users
Was upset yesterday .Did anyone hear him mention that the players were told during the first quarter to slow it down but still set up at the stoppages for fast football, and it was not until the quarter time break that they changed that mindset. If that is correct, the leaders of the club were not following coaching instructions. That's not Yze. That's on rotten apples that need to go.
Coaches had a whole week to prepare the playing group D30. Was at the game. That 1st qtr was as bad as I’ve seen in a long, long time. Issue was not just system. It was effort and willingness to compete.

Reactions: 4 users
Coaches had a whole week to prepare the playing group D30. Was at the game. That 1st qtr was as bad as I’ve seen in a long, long time. Issue was not just system. It was effort and willingness to compete.
Effort and willingness that's not on coaches either, you either got it or not come game day.There basics of footy that doesn't require skill and if coaches have to get you up for that we'll your in the wrong industry. Preperation was there so doesn't back up your theory.

From HKTigerB
Funny thing was, a key drill on Thursday, in fact the last major drill they did, was how we played in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. It was also where Yze had "stern" words with a couple of players on how to set up. So yes they prepped for the Hawks. Being unable/unwilling to execute was frustrating.

It was noticeable that they changed the midfield setup about half way through the 1st and further tweaked at quarter time. Wing setup changed as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The problem is we had Edwards now we have Tarranto.
The problem is we had Lambert now we have Hopper.
If we could go back, (I'm to blame too)
We shouldve kept going to the draft.
But we have been sooo *smile* at the draft since 2017, everyone wanted a ready to go player (s).
Player personnel is one part of the equation.

In my opinion, the reason we are seeing so many of our senior players plateau is because Dimma kept doubling down on his methods, instead of evolving to keep up with rule changes making our old style defunct and opposition teams improving tactically.

Players weren’t challenged to improve parts of their game. Tackling technique has been an issue for a decade. Foot skills are woeful. Now we are belatedly trying to introduce a new system (at least I hope, it’s hard to discern) and we are asking players to do things outside of their comfort zones. Dimma let them coast off the back of 3 flags - this is the paying of the piper right now.

It’s also why I won’t buy “premiership players” or “JD Medallist’s” being untouchable. The game has changed so much in a short space of time - those achievements may as well have been in 70’s. Not relevant to 2024 and beyond.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Senior players checking out and wanting to move on are not great signs. We saw it with Needles, Teague, Shaw etc. the list goes on. I blame those in charge as much as the playing group. Why aren’t they buying in?

Last edited:
Yeah. He said they didn't come ready to play. And they didn't. That's a worry.

Broad took the group aside at quarter time before the coaches could get to them and he gave them all what looked like a fair old going over.
Clearly shows why Nank is useless as captain. Give it to Broad with Gibbo as VC. Nank can start concentrating on how to tap to OUR players and not just anywhere.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
The trough doesn’t have to be an abyss though. This year is an abomination. Club management has done this, not Yze. But geez he has his work cut out for him to last more than his 3 years deal.
I always feel like 1987 was the Abyss. We had gotten worse every year since 82 and finally finished last, losing a game that always stands in my memory as one of the worst games of VFL/AFL i have been to (and ive been to a few!)- the very late season Friday night game against the Bears for the wooden spoon. The only saving grace i think was that loss gave us access to Richard Lounder- and how much joy has his career given us.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Funny thing was, a key drill on Thursday, in fact the last major drill they did, was how we played in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. It was also where Yze had "stern" words with a couple of players on how to set up. So yes they prepped for the Hawks. Being unable/unwilling to execute was frustrating.

It was noticeable that they changed the midfield setup about half way through the 1st and further tweaked at quarter time. Wing setup changed as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Who were the players who received the stern words HK? Were they part of the problem yesterday?

Who were the players who received the stern words HK? Were they part of the problem yesterday?
Some of the mid-fielders got called out on Thurs as did set up positions. I'd argue our setup was poor initially yesterday and then our attitude/level of effort.

Won't name names as you only hear 1 or 2 convo's at training so there might have been more said so 1 convo possibly a little out of context isn't fully fair. My point was more that we had focused on setup and structure at training with reinforcement of certain setups and then didn't abide by it, initially, on Sunday and then showed we could in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

• Wow

Alarming that so preperation was there
Few rotten apples in that team holding us back all year
Add to that lack of intensity, pressure and tackling

I'm looking forward to the clean out and re-build (haven't got much choice really!)
If Baker, Graham, Bolton, Rioli want to depart for what they believe are greener pastures then so be it and let them go.
Many of the established premiership players aren't up to helping RFC re-define its future. They're used to success and many are now showing that they don't appear willing or want to do the hard yards in a struggling side. I'm not HRS's biggest fan but no one can dispute his commitment and willingness to have a crack, unlkike some of the more senior and experienced players.
Happy for the recruiters to trade big and get draft picks that are used on skilled, running players who enjoy the contest so that Yze can start moulding his own team that is hungry and wanting to develop a team character and spirit that they will own. Dimma did the Club no favours in his last couple of seasons and in drinking his own bath water the results are now obvious.
It will take a little bit of time, but I do believe that with some astute drafting that Yze can get a team of committed fellas together who will want to build their own dynasty and achieve success.
The three flags were brilliant (happy to die with those if they are the last we get in my lifetime) but it's time to move on and create a new future that is potentially exciting and rewarding ... but it will take some time and there will be some pain, yet I'm optimistic and a believer that RFC can turn this around.

And, boy, would I love it if somehow the Tigers beat the Suns this weekend.

Reactions: 5 users