Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I have been expecting more massacres like the one we just experienced. The fact that this hasn't happened is a positive, however

I wonder how much influence Yze is having regarding our current injury crisis? Is he so desperate as a first year coach for his team to be competitive that he is pressuring the medical staff in some way to tick players off early as ready to play? (and it wouldn't necessarily have to be direct, just the constant incessant refrain of how much he hopes a player is ready because he 'desperately, desperately needs him' etc).

And the refusal to use the reserves to ease players back into the seniors is so blatant it can't be ignored.

Meehan gets all the heat, but the situation has become a catastrophe under Yze as head coach. A coincidence? Maybe?

But that apart from stubbornness about moving players that he has earmarked for a certain position eg Bolton as a small forward despite the realities that are confronting him on game day, that's my biggest question mark about him.

Dimma survived.
Hardwick inherited a side that won only 4 games in 2009 then proceeded to improved the team’s win/loss record every year from 2010 to 2014. He also had Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance and Edwards already on the list when he arrived and Martin and Astbury were added via the draft in his first offseason. Safe to say, Yze has nothing like that calibre of young player already on the list.

Yze best chance long term is to have his worst season this year (3-4 wins) then improve every year for the next 3-4 years from that.

Reactions: 9 users
To early to say, though i think he will be ok. My only concern is that the club assured us they are well set up for the future and all i can see is a tidal wave of departures. We were talking about creating a Geelong like structure but it looks like we are more like a hawthorn like structure

Reactions: 1 users
Hardwick inherited a side that won only 4 games in 2009 then proceeded to improved the team’s win/loss record every year from 2010 to 2014. He also had Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance and Edwards already on the list when he arrived and Martin and Astbury were added via the draft in his first offseason. Safe to say, Yze has nothing like that calibre of young player already on the list.

Yze best chance long term is to have his worst season this year (3-4 wins) then improve every year for the next 3-4 years from that.
Yes, but point is Dimma also was the rebuild coach in 2010. Ooze is worse off but I'm sure he's smart enough to not become a David Noble, Mark Neeld, Rhyce Shaw, Brendan Bolton, Stuey Dew type coach. Gibbo been injured 2 years in a row doesn't help.

Absolutely yze is a good coach,with 3 outs every week and constantly returning players and so many under 30 games,it's going to be very difficult to play well.

To early to say, though i think he will be ok. My only concern is that the club assured us they are well set up for the future and all i can see is a tidal wave of departures. We were talking about creating a Geelong like structure but it looks like we are more like a hawthorn like structure
Only appears this way has several well knowns depart, our set up is strong and deep and experienced, just need injury luck and a good draft hand and our position will look incredibly different.

Richmond has over 360 staff and with this many turnover is natural and needed,everyone just has focus on 10 high profile roles.

Reactions: 1 user
Footy department need to put the right people around him season end also . Besides Newmam and Ziebell the other assistants can go promote Morris as one to. Fitness department needs a cleanup and medical. And makesure recruitment with Chris Toce has all the resources. Time to invest in the footy department.

Think DK was referring to post-flag rebuilds. Also Frank and Blair gave Dimma the dynasty list. Up to Toce and Blair again to do it twice.
What exactly is a rebuild coach after recent flag success? Not many teams in this. How long's foldnorf been in this...from 1999? Clarko moved on and Mitchell's still there with barely any pressure (even from Cornhead). Simpson still there after 6 years.

Yes, but point is Dimma also was the rebuild coach in 2010. Ooze is worse off but I'm sure he's smart enough to not become a David Noble, Mark Neeld, Rhyce Shaw, Brendan Bolton, Stuey Dew type coach. Gibbo been injured 2 years in a row doesn't help.
Worse off ? Your kidding aren’t you
He has inherited 13 Triple or Dual premiership players with only 2 over the age of 30
Don’t let the facts get in the way now champ
It doesn’t have to be a rebuild , nor should it
The draft isn’t guaranteed
Ask Norf supporters that !
Suggest tell your mate YZE to get rid of current game plan , if there is one 😂 and have the players concentrate on pressing up and applying pressure
Pressure been terrible last 3 weeks
Press isn’t high enough and pointless having players continually zoning off in corridor . YZE refuses to shrink the ground !!! Watch the game !
We are getting flogged on turnover for a reason
Either he reverts back to the players strengths or run the risk of being winless for rest of year
Seen enough of the rubbish !
Although will be there on Saturday night and the following week

I’m seeing a lot of people going with “But Dimma lost his first 10 games” chestnut. You’re comparing apples with oranges. We had 9 premiership players playing on Saturday. Dimma was playing a bunch of kids. Stark contrast.
You’ve nailed it!
9 premiership players played on Saturday
It’s obviously not enough
Blokes like Astbury, Bachar, George, Caddy, Rance, Towner and even KB and Royce are basically doing bugger-all these days
Let’s redraft and play them ASAP

Absolutely yze is a good coach,with 3 outs every week and constantly returning players and so many under 30 games,it's going to be very difficult to play well.
Me think watching the centre bounce and stoppage set up , I think otherwise
We had Prestia , Martin and Shai with Nank on Saturday and we couldn’t get near a clearance
Seriously