Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

We had a lot of coaches before Dimma that didn't win premierships & odds are there will likely be many after him that don't too.

At this early stage though we have no idea if Yze is a good coach or not yet.
He's learning about our list & we are learning about him but this isn't the year to question his capabilities.

Reactions: 5 users
Feels the same as Dimma year 1…. I recall the multiple losses and wondering…gee, can he coach…. Then the list came together

I’m seeing a lot of people going with “But Dimma lost his first 10 games” chestnut. You’re comparing apples with oranges. We had 9 premiership players playing on Saturday. Dimma was playing a bunch of kids. Stark contrast.

I saw a stat where we have only 5 or 6 players who have played all the games this year. Sydney have 16 players.

He is isn’t coaching. He is managing the carnage around him.

Yes, but that doesn't excuse the lack of effort. I was there on Saturday. Is was pretty obvious to see there was a lack of chasing, effort and gut running.

Reactions: 2 users
Got me a feeling Dimma might actually have seen the wall coming. For himself as well. Cooked the sausages a 1000 ways n couldn't find the thousand n one. 21 n 22 were somewhat patchy n 23 was another ordinary start so he jumped n let Mini finish off a crap year. Massive run of injuries haven't helped and we've obviously had a disastrous start to this year. There'd be no surprise at all if a few of the senior players are simply running in survival mode at 75% commitment instead of 100%.
No doubt motivation factor has come into play for most of our Senior players.I mean you win flags so you've climbed the mountain.Whats next too achieve?
Individual "success" is next on their agenda.(This is not having a dig at any of as i think they have earnt it) Bakes and perhaps D Rioli the perfect example.They done the hard yards and now its time to cash in and set themselves up for life.

Reactions: 1 user
Bigger questions will come for his assistant coaches at year's end. Especially those that have been there previously under Dimma.
Livingstone will be keeping a watchful eye.

Bigger questions will come for his assistant coaches at year's end. Especially those that have been there previously under Dimma.
Livingstone will be keeping a watchful eye.
Only 3 i'd keep
Lambo/Newman & Zeibell.
Maybe promote Morris.

No doubt motivation factor has come into play for most of our Senior players.I mean you win flags so you've climbed the mountain.Whats next too achieve?
Individual "success" is next on their agenda.(This is not having a dig at any of as i think they have earnt it) Bakes and perhaps D Rioli the perfect example.They done the hard yards and now its time to cash in and set themselves up for life.

Needs to be about legacy and professional pride.

Plenty of late career folks in normal jobs still busting a gut.

If you don’t have that you should just go away.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Needs to be about legacy and professional pride.

Plenty of late career folks in normal jobs still busting a gut.

If you don’t have that you should just go away.
They have the legacy and pride.Not saying they don't go out there and try but you only have to be off your game by 2% and your up against it.

They have the legacy and pride.Not saying they don't go out there and try but you only have to be off your game by 2% and your up against it.
That’s pride and legacy to not be off 2%

“I left giving my all - no one could ever doubt that. I wanted to make sure the younger players knew what needed to be done every week. Recovery. Preparation. Training. Gameday. “

Yze has to be using this for the older folks who aren’t seeing the flag again. Or whatever it is that works for them.

David King just sacked Yze. "The rebuild coach never survives."
This is unfortunately true. Will take a minor miracle for Yze to survive 5 years with our list the way it is.

I wonder if he really knew what he was getting in to when he took the job?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
100% spot on. Sad but true.