Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I got to six over 30

Lynch 31
Prestia 31
Martin 32
Grimes 32
Vlaustin 30
Mcintosh 30

Nank turns 30 in a few months.

I guess it’s 4 if you exclude 30yo. So half right.

But carry on with your Yze assault.
*yawn*
Yep.

Martin. Cooked. Barely half the player he was.
Grimes. Cooked. If Gibcus was fit, he would struggle to make the 23. Should have retired with Jack and Cotch.
Lynch. Grandma's Ming Dynasty vase. Except it's been broken for a long time and no-one knows if it can be restored.
Prestia. Ping, ping, hamstring.

Reactions: 1 users
Hardwick inherited a side that won only 4 games in 2009 then proceeded to improved the team’s win/loss record every year from 2010 to 2014. He also had Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance and Edwards already on the list when he arrived and Martin and Astbury were added via the draft in his first offseason. Safe to say, Yze has nothing like that calibre of young player already on the list.

Yze best chance long term is to have his worst season this year (3-4 wins) then improve every year for the next 3-4 years from that.
Clarkson was similar. 5 wins for the year.
I remember Sam Newman going off his rocker after the hawks got belt in one game.
Said their game plan was rubbish, players were not interested and Clarkson out of his depth.

Only having had 7 players play every game (2 of those being Dow and Campbell) would make it near impossible for any new coach to implement a new game plan successfully. Especially when your first and second choice mids and forwards are all gone. Yze needs to be given a break. We're stiff not to have a couple more wins in the board (blues and saints) and have been competitive in most others up to a point. Give him a full list all year and we're likely in a completely different situation

Reactions: 16 users
why not? I was posing the question in the heat of the moment on Saturday night. That effort was woeful and unacceptable.

It creates nothing but bad feeling on here and you've essentially admitted now is not the time.

I like Yze. I reckon he is using this year to be nice, settle in and get everyone onside, but also to make important observations and assessments. I believe he will not hang his hat on jaded champs or the wrong type of player for his plans.

Just remember he is new to the club and at this point in the season he has no choice but to defend his current players.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Likely he can coach very well, or benny wouldn't have given him the job.

But its a bit hard to tell currently.

If it was empirical evidence you're after,

You probably need to put Chris Scott in charge of Frankston verse Yze Richmond

It's difficult to say. We don't have a clearly identifiable game plan but with the midfield and forward line we are putting out at the moment any coach would struggle.

He might have to be the Brendan Bolton style rebuild coach who only wins about ten games in three years while stockpiling high end draft talent.

Reactions: 1 user
If he rolls out the midfield of midgets again, the likes of Baker, Dow and Pickett I’ll be sick. Haha.
Time to try some bigger body’s, Vlaustin, Macca, Macca 2.0, even Broad is worth a look.
What’s the definition of insanity??

If he rolls out the midfield of midgets again, the likes of Baker, Dow and Pickett I’ll be sick. Haha.
Time to try some bigger body’s, Vlaustin, Macca, Macca 2.0, even Broad is worth a look.
What’s the definition of insanity??
Your idea sounds good but at it’s heart if players have played certain roles their whole careers it seems a bit of a moonshot something like this would work. They are coming up against seasoned opposition eg Neale mcluggage that have been in the midfield the whole time and trained on where to position themselves etc.

Probably have to do it with just one vs a wholesale change. Flappers and broad would have the stamina and muscle but not sure the inside smarts.

Your idea sounds good but at it’s heart if players have played certain roles their whole careers it seems a bit of a moonshot something like this would work. They are coming up against seasoned opposition eg Neale mcluggage that have been in the midfield the whole time and trained on where to position themselves etc.

Probably have to do it with just one vs a wholesale change. Flappers and broad would have the stamina and muscle but not sure the inside smarts.
I agree but it couldn’t be much worse than what’s on offer at the minute. Obviously roll one of them through there at a time.

I like Yze. I reckon he is using this year to be nice, settle in and get everyone onside, but also to make important observatios and assessments. I believe he will not hang his hat on jaded champs or the wrong type of player for his plans.

Just remember he is new to the club and at this point in the season he has no choice but to defend his current players.
He said exactly that on Talking Footy.
He won't come down on the players too hard this year as he's building confidence & connection.
Our injury crisis too compounds the need for a supportive coach.
It's also in our interests somewhat to develop youth & add to it with the draft. I won't judge him based on current results.

Reactions: 9 users
Swans are the benchmark??
He pulled them apart with a half reasonable squad - we actually should have won that game by more.
You simply cannot lose the cattle we did without it taking a toll - and we have had a pretty tough draw with several ‘honourable’ losses.
There is just no way things are as bad as many people seem to think.
With even luck with injuries - and Lynch can get some continuity before the year is out - watch us take some scalps late in the year

Reactions: 9 users