Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I'm not sure Yze is steering the ship on his own.
Team selections looks very similiar to what Hardwicks and the constant praising of the playing group is 101 Hardwick.

Reactions: 1 users
What seems to have been missed in all this is that Beverage was under scrutiny all last week by the media. The pressure was on him & his players. They were always going to fire up in that situation no matter who they played. Unfortunately we were the ones in the firing line.

At this early stage knee jerk reactions are the last thing that we need.

Reactions: 1 user
Embarrassing tonight - I’m now no longer sure. Big rest of season ahead.

I don’t understand this at all, the guy only just joined the club and is working with an injury-impacted post-premiership list in steep decline.

Not even rock bottom yet and folks are saying Yze isn’t the man? It’s crazy talk.

Reactions: 16 users
I don’t understand this at all, the guy only just joined the club and is working with an injury-impacted post-premiership list in steep decline.

Not even rock bottom yet and folks are saying Yze isn’t the man? It’s crazy talk.
Exactly. He has walked into a mess. I saw a stat where we have only 5 or 6 players who have played all the games this year. Sydney have 16 players.

He is isn’t coaching. He is managing the carnage around him.

Reactions: 10 users
IMO it is those passing judgement on a coach of 9 games who have NFI.
Give him a chance to put his stamp on the team and the club and a chance to coach a close to full squad for a while before making ridiculous statements.
Seriously to even be thinking about Yze as the cause of the issues right now is beyond ridiculous.
I even saw someone blaming the new President elsewhere.
It’s laughable.
Sinners it is the absolute worst of PRE, just idiotic dribble.

Writing Yze off at this juncture is simply mind-numbing.

Reactions: 13 users

Yep. I'd be going the other way and having Livingstone and Gale deliver a strong message that we are changing things up and want to start again the Yze way. Reinforce the decision to appoint him and make a statement to the players that the rest of this year will be Adem making new and different demands of everyone. Get 100% behind his new ideas and silence the conservative and static forces of yesterday that no longer work.

Reactions: 4 users

Folks got spoilt. Now they're expecting 2017-2020 every year. Not in it for the hard work.

Reactions: 3 users
Who gives a flying *smile* about Geelong. Go support them ffs. And nah, you looooove a moan.
Yeah he or she loves a moan but they are spot on.

Why do we have to fall into the abyss again whilst the cats are still contending?

Can Alistair Clarkson coach? All about the cattle. Virtually our stating midfield not playing and 3 of our top 6 kpp out until this week.

Can Alistair Clarkson coach? All about the cattle. Virtually our stating midfield not playing and 3 of our top 6 kpp out until this week.
Yep and Clarko's already 2 years in with high picks compared to ours and still failing. Laughter of a question.

What I would say is he is going to need some media training. To be honest I thought he had been pretty good but that presser was off.

Cauldron of fire but first time doing it so good time to learn now rather than when we have an actual chance of doing something.

The team didn't show up, all the supporters at the ground could see it pretty clearly the lack of running and pressure effort outside a few. He just needed to say the outcome was unacceptable and that the fans would feel pretty let down and he is going to work through it with the team.

No one shirked any contests when the ball was near them from my vantage, it was the lack of effort around the ground.

Good test for him. If players have checked out and are in paycheck mode - its going to be a tough ask to find some meaning for them - and not an issue Dimma had to face or took on. Selection is clearly a mechanism that can be used. Dimma and McQualter never did it to set standards with our premiership stars (e.g. Edwards was getting gifted games towards the end) - so will be interesting to see if some senior players get some heat in that regard. Pretty tough though when there are so many injuries - probably only 6 or 7 blokes fit and not getting picked.

It's way too early to Judge Yze as of yet. However, there is one major area of concern that Yze the "senior coach" needs to fix and it started before his time. It's our Ruck coach Maric and our stoppages set-ups. I have raised this issue in the past and I will raise it again. Our Ruck connection is terrible. Where they stand and how they maneuvre is concerning. We barely get a hit out to advantage. When we do it's more luck then design.

To be fair, perhaps it's a player quality issue so it's not Maric's fault?

Perhaps we have our set-up all wrong and it is Maric's fault?

I was with a few past players at the G last night and this was a very topical discussion. This conversation was very topical in the past and in particular last year. Clearly the performance of Nankervis is a huge problem. Our opponents are walking through stoppages with the ball handed to them on a silver platter. It's obvious but it never gets addressed. And Nank will suddenly pull off a good game against a poor opponent and it will all be forgotten again....
Correct
Standing behind your opponent at Centre Bounce is a huge mistake
Cotchin always pushed in front and hunted the ball
At the moment , we trail them in
Ridiculous situation
At least Crackertiger watches the games
Unlike many on here

Good test for him. If players have checked out and are in paycheck mode - its going to be a tough ask to find some meaning for them - and not an issue Dimma had to face or took on.
Got me a feeling Dimma might actually have seen the wall coming. For himself as well. Cooked the sausages a 1000 ways n couldn't find the thousand n one. 21 n 22 were somewhat patchy n 23 was another ordinary start so he jumped n let Mini finish off a crap year. Massive run of injuries haven't helped and we've obviously had a disastrous start to this year. There'd be no surprise at all if a few of the senior players are simply running in survival mode at 75% commitment instead of 100%.

It’s only a few knee jerkers, Carts. Having said that Yze is in more strife than Ned Kelly. This is worse than 2009 - 2010. Back then we had some top end talent coming through. Now we’ve got a bunch of what Dyer called ‘good ordinary footballers’. No star quality.

Reactions: 5 users