Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

IMO it is those passing judgement on a coach of 9 games who have NFI.
Give him a chance to put his stamp on the team and the club and a chance to coach a close to full squad for a while before making ridiculous statements.
Seriously to even be thinking about Yze as the cause of the issues right now is beyond ridiculous.
I even saw someone blaming the new President elsewhere.
It’s laughable.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Worst coaching gig ?
Let’s talk facts !!
He has 13 players with two over the age of 30 who were dual or triple premiership players
So these players have performed at the highest level ✅
We had a game plan that other clubs try to copy but worked
We have completely gone away from something that basically wasn’t broken
Yes we have lost lots of personal through injury
. But the method to which we play completely stinks
In the past 3 weeks we repeatedly kick the ball back to the opposition
Ridiculous stuff
Then there is zero pressure to press up and maintain the ball inside F50
None !!!
Thank god for Dan Rioli and Vlaustin
Without them , who knows what the margin would be
Let’s not talk about centre clearance strategy
Why ?
There isn’t one !!
Are you actually aware of our situation since the season started?
Fact of the matter is we have been ravaged by injury too our most important players structure wise.
Gibcus
Balta
& Our most important player Lynch.
Oh look what do they all have in common.They're all talls.
We throw a rookie up fwd who has improved to be our #1 target.
At the other end we have another rookie who's expected to do the job of vet.
Then to cap it off we lose 2 of our mature mids who are still capable for multi weeks.
And here you are expecting young kids to take up the slack.
Anyone with a clue knows kids do have up & downs and with our injury list games like this is expected.
Can Yze coach?Who knows.But 9rnds in and some want him sacked says it all.lol

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure we can compare Yze to one of the greatest coaches in Aus sport history. No matter what he does.

I was very concerned that Yze couldn't fault the players efforts when everyone in the stands as well as the media could.
Correct
There was very little effort
The trailing of opponents at clearances was disgraceful
I was comparing what what said
Bellamy was honest and factual
YZE complete crap !!!
Seriously

Reactions: 1 user
Whether YZe can or can’t coach we’ll find out soon enough
What I can’t stand is when us members/supporters/fans are treated to listening to BS with a straight face on that the effort was there
Don’t know what game Yze watched it definitely wasn’t our game.
From going to we need to change our tackling technique to not tackling at all allowing Doggies to waltz around us like we were witches hats
Yes we have injuries but the effort was not there. What the players put out there last night was unacceptable and pathetic

Reactions: 2 users
At this point I find it very hard to judge the Ooooooze , so many keys injuries and will have a vastly different list moving forward if given the time . One small concern is most successful rebuilt clubs generally build around defence first and then attack ( I stand corrected if that’s incorrect) .

Biggest concern for me at this point is the general consensus of our positives on field this season has been Miller , going ok is Ben and would vastly improve as the 3rd tall defender and be able to use his foot skills of half back as a weapon, however imho hes still not good enough one on one . MJ huge improvement and graph going up ( until injury) however is never going to be more then a defensive small forward , pinch hit mid , no doubt that’s a vital roll , Thirdly Lefau shown some good signs and been thrown to the wolves with no Lynch or Balta , however again looks handy and could well be a big improver , however at the end of the day looks like may just be a roll player , my point been well done to those 3 but they are all limited , for us to rise again we need elite mids and key position players , handy types can be found anywhere but we simply don’t win flags without Elite players and I’m worried we don’t have any young elite players. Having a *smile* year like this will hopefully land us the first of our elite new stable .

Oooze an co are going to have some easy and tough calls come seasons end , Bakes is the one we need to over pay to keep , heart and sole but most importantly top end talent .

My biggest disappointment besides the lack of genuine improvement from the cubs is Young , been a liability a lot of the season , maybe his concussion has had a big part to play and has shown better signs lately , however he’s not anywhere near our 2 best key defenders and with Balta playing 5 games forward and kicking 5 goals it’s time to get our best key defender back , build that backline around Balta , Oooze’s reasons for him playing forward because of his lack of a tank is the one thing he’s said that I think is Bull *smile* . If Gibcus can’t get back and we persist with Balta forward we may have to get used to 100 point loses .

Tough gig for Oooze atm , however if he can get an elite conditioning coach a couple of elite juniors , some creative and smart list re shaping and some good luck with injuries and if he is a top shelf coach we should be in a much better position in 12 months

Reactions: 4 users
Whether YZe can or can’t coach we’ll find out soon enough
What I can’t stand is when us members/supporters/fans are treated to listening to BS with a straight face on that the effort was there
Don’t know what game Yze watched it definitely wasn’t our game.
From going to we need to change our tackling technique to not tackling at all allowing Doggies to waltz around us like we were witches hats
Yes we have injuries but the effort was not there. What the players put out there last night was unacceptable and pathetic
Agree. The first thing he should have said at last night’s post game was that he was disappointed with the team’s effort & endeavour. And that was also on him & his coach’s to find a way to better prepare the team to perform, irrespective of injuries. We let ourselves down - would have been a far clearer and honest message to send to the playing group.

Worst coaching gig ?
Let’s talk facts !!
He has 13 players with two over the age of 30 who were dual or triple premiership players
So these players have performed at the highest level ✅
We had a game plan that other clubs try to copy but worked
We have completely gone away from something that basically wasn’t broken
Yes we have lost lots of personal through injury
. But the method to which we play completely stinks
In the past 3 weeks we repeatedly kick the ball back to the opposition
Ridiculous stuff
Then there is zero pressure to press up and maintain the ball inside F50
None !!!
Thank god for Dan Rioli and Vlaustin
Without them , who knows what the margin would be
Let’s not talk about centre clearance strategy
Why ?
There isn’t one !!
Cracks have been forming for a while…. Gale and Livingstone have not been proactive in this space…. Club has been trading on past glories… Game plan and strategy seems very flimsy, and assistant coaches need to be reviewed… List management and trade decisions by Blair Hartley need to come under scrutiny…Particularly Hopper Trade and Kosi signing for 3 years…. High injury count need to have Dr Death (Hickey) and Luke Meehan positions reviewed.

It was headless chook stuff last night. Total disconnect. It didn't look like that early on. Obvs injury front has smashed morale. This kind of thing happens. Only those on the inside know what's really going on. I reckon you will see how, serious Yze is about the job come Sept. How sharp will the axe be?

I would recommend him to give Goodwin a call for some advice. But I don’t think a bag of coke and a hooker would help

• Haha
Injuries and inexperience are an excuse to some level but there was very little effort or evidence of system. When we had the ball there was no one running past the kicker, no chains of running handball, no one making options to switch play.

Yze has only so much at his disposal but the one non-negotiable is to run, and it's worrying that he couldn't get them to do even that.

Reactions: 5 users
His press conference just proves he has no idea
Zero
Players have checked out
I'm sorry Stig - but it proves nothing.....

If anything it proves that the post match presser is little more than an entertainment process/screen...

Might as well get a trained PR Representative (preferably really good looking) to get in there and sprout taking points / responses.

The modern professional Coach is highly trained to face the media - and these include:

- never put a player/players down publicly
- always talk up the other team
- use unquantifiable terms ("the Richmond Way")
- use catch phrases (one week at a time)
- never criticise the umpires
- never criticise the AFL

And on and on..........

Coaches are required to attend these 'pressers' under threat of sanction ........

It's not a coaching tool.

Reactions: 14 users
All night long we sat there watvhing and predicting that
1 short kick to a pocket
2 big bomb to a pack of players on the wing which English etc will bring to ground for Terlour and Bont to simply run it back to the foward line with zero pressure.
3 did one foward ever lead ? No
4 did anyone ever lead or make space when coming out of the backline ? Nope.
5 did a single foward or midfeilder ever bust his balls to chase and tackle ?
Correct

If anything it proves that the post match presser is little more than an entertainment process/screen...

Might as well get a trained PR Representative (preferably really good looking) to get in there and sprout taking points / responses.

The modern professional Coach is highly trained to face the media - and these include:

And on and on..........

Coaches are required to attend these 'pressers' under threat of sanction ........

Ross Lyons quote they are playing like neutered dogs should get 12 weeks then????????

• Haha
If Dimma's pressers had correlated in any way to our on field premiership performances, we would've been the most boring team to watch in the history of the game.
If anything, Yze looks very in control to me. Emotionally. Dimma would lose his *smile* occaisionally as we know. Yze has shown zero inclination to do that.

And on and on..........

Didn’t say it was a coaching tool
BUT
There are some on here who have an idea of what is actually going on down at Punt Rd
For YZE to say he was happy with the effort is laughable
The poor crowd that attended and those watching on National TV around Australia knew it was complete garbage.
Players stopped chasing and gave up
No wonder Jack Graham broke down agsin
Ran past 3 teammates in the 3rd Q to chase down an opponent, his teammates weren’t interested
Have a guess who they were
It’s not hard

Reactions: 1 users
Biggest question mark for Yze is his ability to motivate.

His ability to tactically see the game was well known. It's why Mebourne gave him the role it did overseeing it's game day strategy, But as we saw with Dimma coaching is a lot more than that.

Said earlier, his motivational ability is really going to get tested this year.

Yes its a tough situation for him (injuries, players realising they will play in losing teams etc) but if he can't turn around effort he won't have a coaching career.

We still have 14 games to go. There are already signs of players checking out. He needs to create an environment to turn that mindset around.

agree with this

The issue is that as a head coach, its the only task that cannot be delegated.

You can outsource and delegate game style, tactics ect, but if the head coach can't connect with the players, and motivate them to go the extra mile, he is cooked .

Too early to say with Yze, but he its not looking good atm, we where terrible last night

Wheels have fallen off no doubt but it wasn’t that long ago we could have easily beat blues and saints and we beat the best team in comp atm (swans).

Dimma always said ‘ things are never as good or as bad as they seem’.

Also we are a player down when the opponent has the ball. Champion Dusty Martin is defensively very poor and walks around around a lot and just goes through the motions. Can’t get away with that anymore.

BUT
There are some on here who have an idea of what is actually going on down at Punt Rd
The poor crowd that attended and those watching on National TV around Australia knew it was complete garbage.
Ran past 3 teammates in the 3rd Q to chase down an opponent, his teammates weren’t interested
It’s not hard
Thanks Stig - I don't refute that..............

My personal perception is that the effort was poor...............

Thats a different discussion (and one that none of us are really qualified to judge)

This thread is asking whether Yze can Coach and whether the presser is a forum for truth in reporting (eg telling it how it is)

I'm simply reminding us all that the Presser is NOT the right forum - and nor does any professional Coach (or team) treat it as such.

Let me add a comment regarding the idea that the 'supporters" are somehow entitled to see the Coach hold his players accountable via the Presser or to 'admit' the team played poorly and lacked effort as a whole.............

It's total rubbish.

The supporters are little more than a 'nice to have'

Trust me - the Head Coach singular KPI is to win football games (legally!) accepting of course that he (and the club) will have a short, medium and long term plan.

Taking that into consideration I'd love to see this from a Head Coach Presser one day: (for arguments sake the Collingwood Coach)

Journalist: "the effort was pretty poor today. What do you say to the supporters who want to understand why you can't criticise or acknowledge this"

Collingwood Coach: "thanks maggot. I realise your a paid PR hack masquerading as a jounalist - but TBH I've had enough of these sort of questions. I am paid by the Collingwood football club. I don't care what supporters think. Thats someone elses job. Maybe PR or marketing! Me - I need to get the best out of my players and try and win football. The supporters are little more than a revenue source of mostly bgoan, toothless, unintelligent, criminals that will readily pump a years membership into pokies and alcohol in a single week. As if I would berate young men that are competing at an elite level to appease these monkeys. Now can I get back behind closed doors and work with each individual and the team as a whole to try and improve and meet my KPI?"

Just a thought :)

• Haha
BUT
It’s not hard
Wait until we play essendon…. Tylar Youngs will make 2 metre Peter look like a superstar

Watched the replay
Once again Livo is sitting on Yze right shoulder with head sets on whilst Yze is playing with his pen
Whos calling the shots here Where are assistant coaches Rutten Teague Ziebell Newman?
I know Yze asked for Livo to be in the coaches box but why did he ask to be mothered
Yze is the coach and should be confident enough to run the show with his assistants the only ones in the coaches box

Last edited: