Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

He is struggling right now but when you look at his assistants, many of whom are failed senior coaches, his playing list and injuries it is no surprise he has an uphill task. I will give him some slack this season but he has to stop being the nice guy defending the indefensible

Reactions: 1 user
It's R9. May.
Yep that correct
And there is no game plan
Opposition walk out of centre clearances
It’s an absolute joke
You have Nank , Shai , Dusty and Prestia tonight at one stage in the middle
And they continually get flogged , really
Wrong captain as well
Anyone who knows Nank knows he is introverted
As for the game plan and the dribble they wheeled out pre season
We made Liam Jones look like a superstar tonight
Why continually kicked the ball to him
As we did Luke Ryan the previous week
We have gone so far backwards it ain’t funny
Crowds have dropped off a reason
Players have checked out
Besides Vluastin and Dan Rioli who “ show up “ every single game
The rest , don’t chase
Forward pressure
We have zero idea how to keep ball inside F50
Zero
Watch the replay

Reactions: 1 users
Pathetic what effort we we're witches hats out there like a training drill no pressure, tackling and don't get me started on skills and kicking borderline amature level. We keep backing the same senior players who a past it to. Be honest and don't make a fool of supporters there not stupid.

Pathetic what effort we we're witches hats out there like a training drill no pressure, tackling and don't get me started on skills and kicking borderline amature level. We keep backing the same senior players who a past it to. Be honest and don't make a fool of supporters there not stupid.
Correct !!!
100%
Only round 9 and the mail is players want out
The talk of Dusty playing for an extra 2 years has gone to Ralph Carr looking at all options
I wonder why ?
Bakes after 4 weeks put it out there he wants out
Wake up people

I listened to Bellamy last nights presser after a loss
Then listened to YZE after a loss
Enough said

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Interesting Jack Riewoldt didn’t want to say too much on Fox Footy last night when questioned
Deflecting around the Baker situation and over all game plan

Geez, we turned on Yze quickly.

Two weeks ago there were plenty around here singing his praises and now you want him gone?

Poor Yze has taken on arguably the worst coaching gig in football. Probably had a panic attack back in Jan after training when it dawned on him just how bad the list is. Aging core of senior players well past their best combined with arguably the worst collection of u23 in the league topped off with the worst injury list in the league is no recipe for success.

5+ years of poor drafting and list management can’t be fixed overnight. Its going to get worse before it starts getting better.

Reactions: 9 users

Two weeks ago there were plenty around here singing his praises and now you want him gone?

Poor Yze has taken on arguably the worst coaching gig in football. Probably had a panic attack back in Jan after training when it dawned on him just how bad the list is. Aging core of senior players well past their best combined with arguably the worst collection of u23 in the league topped off with the worst injury list in the league is no recipe for success.

5+ years of poor drafting and list management can’t be fixed overnight. Its going to get worse before it starts getting better.
Great Post give the guy a go i would hate to be in the trenches with some of these comments.

Reactions: 5 users
Biggest question mark for Yze is his ability to motivate.

His ability to tactically see the game was well known. It's why Mebourne gave him the role it did overseeing it's game day strategy, But as we saw with Dimma coaching is a lot more than that.

Said earlier, his motivational ability is really going to get tested this year.

Yes its a tough situation for him (injuries, players realising they will play in losing teams etc) but if he can't turn around effort he won't have a coaching career.

We still have 14 games to go. There are already signs of players checking out. He needs to create an environment to turn that mindset around.
This.

The concern is the buy in. Coaching is more than just tactics. It seems to be going one way here, and that’s bad. The next 8 weeks will tell us. Players, in any era, need belief. A response is needed. Freo game was a warning sign. Last night we saw another. We all understand the injury and personnel issues. Last night was a motivational issue. Yes, it’s May, but that was unacceptable.

Reactions: 3 users
IMHO we don't have a list with football skills. We have a list of chaos football types because that was the style under Dimma. Looking at the Dogs kick to a contest and take either a leading mark or a contested pack mark in the fwd line was the biggest difference for me. We couldn't do either. Build the team over time by drafting KP forwards and backs as well as some talented outside mids. Our delivery to the fwd line was horrible. Seriously who kicks to a contested pack mark of MJ vs a 190 plus backman on multiple occasions? Players need to retire, be traded and rebuild again.

I listened to Bellamy last nights presser after a loss
Then listened to YZE after a loss
Enough said
I'm not sure we can compare Yze to one of the greatest coaches in Aus sport history. No matter what he does.

I was very concerned that Yze couldn't fault the players efforts when everyone in the stands as well as the media could.

Reactions: 2 users
There's already a thread about the coach, do we need a separate thread to discuss if the coach can coach? Wouldn't we discuss the coach's coaching in the coach's thread?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
In the presser Yze says he’s happy with the players efforts. That’s concerning.
Some home truths need to be aired with the playing group.

Dusty plays forward or gets dropped.
If he doesn't chase, he gets benched and dropped.

Dow has to play VFL and must be delisted

Was a mistake for Yze to say the effort was there in his post game interview.

We were over -100 in uncontested possession alone - that’s lack of effort right there. From early in the game, the lack of effort was evident to any of us in the stands - we looked off. We looked a beaten team from early in the game.

Few home truths at the club this week - everything starts with effort. If Yze & his coaches can’t inspire that, then it’ll be a long season until the list can begin to be turned over.

I’d be incredibly concerned if Yze actually believes the effort last night was acceptable. I actually can’t remember a game with such little endeavour by the players. That includes the last round hiding in 2016.

I hope he has a dark side… all successful coaches have it ..he cant accept that kind of performance or it will be an extremely short coaching career.

Worst coaching gig ?
Let’s talk facts !!
He has 13 players with two over the age of 30 who were dual or triple premiership players
So these players have performed at the highest level ✅
We had a game plan that other clubs try to copy but worked
We have completely gone away from something that basically wasn’t broken
Yes we have lost lots of personal through injury
. But the method to which we play completely stinks
In the past 3 weeks we repeatedly kick the ball back to the opposition
Ridiculous stuff
Then there is zero pressure to press up and maintain the ball inside F50
None !!!
Thank god for Dan Rioli and Vlaustin
Without them , who knows what the margin would be
Let’s not talk about centre clearance strategy
Why ?
There isn’t one !!

Reactions: 4 users
All night long we sat there watvhing and predicting that
1 short kick to a pocket
2 big bomb to a pack of players on the wing which English etc will bring to ground for Terlour and Bont to simply run it back to the foward line with zero pressure.
3 did one foward ever lead ? No
4 did anyone ever lead or make space when coming out of the backline ? Nope.
5 did a single foward or midfeilder ever bust his balls to chase and tackle ?