Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Waaaaaay too early to start looking at the coach. But that performance was the first real pathetic performance under his watch.

Reactions: 1 user
It will be
Because the minority will have some idea of what’s going on
At the moment , he is struggling
Game plan is non existent
Can’t blame injuries if your method of play is unrecognisable!!
Fire away !!!
Looks like you have a new hobby now you have moved on from MRJ.

How can you judge a coach in his first year with the carnage he has had to do with?

This thread this early is plain stupid.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Yze presser - was he watching the same game? Thought I was listening to last week’s presser. We can’t fault our endeavour? R u serious? Pressure which we had in the first few weeks has gone ! Many players just looked uninterested, a bit soft and like a pre season game. I am not underestimating the injuries which have derailed us but where is the system, cohesion and willingness to man up and chase ! Cumberland was beyond dreadful and we lack class. We need the draft and need a number of 1st rounders! Is Yze hard enough?

Hmm, I don’t know. What he says in the presser and what he says behind closed doors may be different. Not sure what point there is in hanging the players out to dry at this point.
i can tell you now that coaches have at least 3 faces, One for the media, One for the players and One for their families.
A good coach will only protect his cattle in the media.
A good coach will be brutally honest behind closed doors to the player

Reactions: 5 users
Biggest question mark for Yze is his ability to motivate.

His ability to tactically see the game was well known. It's why Mebourne gave him the role it did overseeing it's game day strategy, But as we saw with Dimma coaching is a lot more than that.

Said earlier, his motivational ability is really going to get tested this year.

Yes its a tough situation for him (injuries, players realising they will play in losing teams etc) but if he can't turn around effort he won't have a coaching career.

We still have 14 games to go. There are already signs of players checking out. He needs to create an environment to turn that mindset around.

Reactions: 10 users
Didn't he say something to the effect of he wants to play an attractive, fast, high scoring, attacking game style??? We cant score for s*** :'(

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't he say something to the effect of he wants to play an attractive, fast, high scoring, attacking game style??? We cant score for s*** :'(
even norf have scored 33 more points than us this year to date. lowest scoring team. unbearable

In the presser Yze says he’s happy with the players efforts. That’s concerning.
One radio host driving home - not sure of the guys name - called our lack of effort tonight “insipid”. That we applied very little effort and made it very easy for the Dogs. Injuries and re builds don’t mean you can’t apply a bit of grit. We didn’t show much tonight.

Reactions: 6 users
Might be wanting to keep criticism in house?
Not wanting to publicly throw players under the bus, keep unity etc.
I'd be shocked if he truly thought the efforts were fine.
"I can't fault our effort. Like we try and our boys are trying almost like they're trying too hard, we're slipping over and missing tackles....I've said this over and over, we can't fault the effort it's just our execution and tackle technique...."

Going by this we were all over the shop and just have to keep learning.

Biggest question mark for Yze is his ability to motivate.

His ability to tactically see the game was well known. It's why Mebourne gave him the role it did overseeing it's game day strategy, But as we saw with Dimma coaching is a lot more than that.

Said earlier, his motivational ability is really going to get tested this year.

Yes its a tough situation for him (injuries, players realising they will play in losing teams etc) but if he can't turn around effort he won't have a coaching career.

We still have 14 games to go. There are already signs of players checking out. He needs to create an environment to turn that mindset around.
Doubt Dimma had this in him in his 1st year. Looked wooden IIRC.

A few factors here.

It is hard to see a game plan at the moment and the effort does look insipid. But my impression is that the players are just not capable of implementing any plan. We know Yze likes to see the ball hit the corridor when we are going inside 50, where was that tonight? The players were not there so how could we hit the corridor?

I think it was Carter above who pointed to the size of our players. Yes, we are not as tall, although that is not really the main point. We look like children next to grown adults, few big builds amongst our players. Shai is a great player but not a big build, good thing he brings other skills such as evasiveness. But so many of our younger players look like they are built like twigs next to the opposition and also look like they don't have the physical characteristics to put on size. AFL players now are fast, evasive and build like the proverbial, we have few players like that and we need to recruit this type.

The players don't present, maybe playing safe as a fair number are playing for their careers. They would all know that playing as a team leads to better performances but a fair number are not looking like they will make it at AFL level and are falling into that trap of playing for what feels like their advantage career wise.

It isn't working at present. Yze needs to throw caution to the wind and get the players into some recognisable system even if it leads to more pain, because limiting losses is not working. The injuries have dealt him a terrible hand but this year is gone so let's look at not only who can play at the level, but also who can play a game we want to develop over the next few years.

My impression is Yze can coach but he has a few decisions in the remainder of the season, and some big decisions at the end of the year. There are players and assistant coaches who will have to go and I just hope there is the expertise to make these decisions at the end of the year.

DS

Reactions: 6 users
Welcome to coaching.

Will earn his Dollars this year.
At what point can he start throwing clipboards around and letting loose with some expletives Colonel Sanders style (Tony Jewell)?

Forgot. It's 2024.
Wouldn't wash with the Metro-sexuals.
Would certainly make a few sit up.

Need to borrow Bellyache for a week or two to put the wind up a few of them.
Amazing system down at the Storm.
Players come and go. They are always competitive. They get injuries and next guy come in and does the job.
We loose some players and it all blows up.

In the presser Yze says he’s happy with the players efforts. That’s concerning.
Seriously
He is clueless
Players aren’t interested
Anyone with half a brain could see there was basically NO Effort
cut your losses now

Pretty sure there was one of these type of threads on Dimma after round 10 in 2010......and another in 2016

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users