Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Facts are that at half time we had 9 players who hadn’t laid a tackle
And 6 who laid one
Who do you blame ?
Disgraceful motivation of players

Reactions: 1 user
it doesn't really matter in 2024, what matters is what Blair does, he is the one that needs to plug in the holes around the new spine and kids we get the next 2 years.

Reactions: 1 user
Yze needs to make some tough calls at the end of the year otherwise we’re putting the premiership posters back up.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Big test for him is how he handles Dusty - his pressure is non-existent when he has to go the other way.

One thing about Yze. He talks about connection a lot.

I'd like to see some connecting between his boots and some asses.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Surely need a shake up in assistant coaches next year

We have no idea at ffe moment no plan nothing

Surely need a shake up in assistant coaches next year

We have no idea at ffe moment no plan nothing
Yze probably wanted a season to keep some existing coaches to get their IP on the list. He was probably a bit ham strung by the footy dept cap too. Some assistants had contracts. Expect change at seasons end I reckon.

Reactions: 6 users
In the presser Yze says he’s happy with the players efforts. That’s concerning.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
No doubt that was a really disappointing game.

An insipid effort where senior players were mostly disinterested and junior players are still finding their feet (if they have them)

But to ask whether Yze can coach - or whether he has a game plan is simply silly....

Go back 5 weeks when we beat Sydney playing a pretty good brand of footy....

Indeed - things were looking up.....

Then the wheels literally FELL OFF!

Let's face it - no Lynch, Taranto, Hopper, Gibcus, (Prestia, Grimes, Graham, Baker) and various others is simply a coaching nightmare.

I can't believe we're even suggesting otherwise.

Reality is the season is over - and now (TBH) we should look at salary cap, draft picks and moving forward...

Identify who can truly take us forward (eg I still think Lynch is pivotal) but otherwise everyone else is fair game (including assistant coaches)

But Yze gets a pass .............. for quite a while yet

Reactions: 9 users
Hmm, I don’t know. What he says in the presser and what he says behind closed doors may be different. Not sure what point there is in hanging the players out to dry at this point.

Reactions: 7 users
We've been guarding margin for a few weeks now. Score lines have flattered us. Eventually players lose engagement. Fair enough. We saw what that looks like tonight.

We are Nineteenthmond atm. We rallied for while and then gave up. Nankervis was the worst offender. Vlastuiin was a leviathan.

Let's not forget that when we could actually put a team on the park we were moving the ball like no other.

For the future picks #1, 19, 20 etc look pretty good to me.

Thing with Yze is he’ll never have the chance to actually coach a team that is a realistic chance of anything other than fluking the odd win for the next 3 years. This will destroy him and he’ll get sacked as a result and no one will know if he could have been a good coach or not.

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm, I don’t know. What he says in the presser and what he says behind closed doors may be different. Not sure what point there is in hanging the players out to dry at this point.
Yep even considering he's talking to pigeons.

Every coach says one thing to the media and completely different things behind closed doors.

Ever listened to salty Scott's pressers?

Our lack of effort and pressure in many games this year is worrying. You don’t need talent, skill etc. to tackle, chase, fill up zones, spoil and so on.

Pressure is an attitude. Ours is really really poor.

It was patently obvious tonight in the first 2 minutes that we were barely interested.

Reactions: 5 users
In the presser Yze says he’s happy with the players efforts. That’s concerning.
Might be wanting to keep criticism in house?
Not wanting to publicly throw players under the bus, keep unity etc.
I'd be shocked if he truly thought the efforts were fine.