2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

Don't we have the kayaking and swimming as medal chances tonight (tomorrow morning) ?
Jess Fox is in a semi final in kayaking, but yes final of women’s 100m butterfly tonight (Emma McKeon)

Edit: final of kayak is on this morning too (not showing on my app)

Last edited:
Skateboarding in the Olympics? Seriously? Okay.

Thought I’d have a look. Couple of Aussies chicks. Both fell off their boards. One spent more time off the board than on it.

Mickey Mouse sport which trivialises the value of the Olympics. There are a few others in the same boat.

Reactions: 1 user

Thought I’d have a look. Couple of Aussies chicks. Both fell off their boards. One spent more time off the board than on it.

Mickey Mouse sport which trivialises the value of the Olympics. There are a few others in the same boat.
Be quiet old person. You just want chariot racing back in.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
South Sudan wins gold for their uniforms.

Attachments

• IMG_1513.jpeg
    IMG_1513.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Love
I'm in Marseille and watched the Opening Ceremony, turned into a real marathon but Celine Dion was a highlight right at the end. Glad I hung in there until the end after a sh*t day with the French train saga and booking.com.
Hope you’re enjoying it Billy. Agree Celine was excellent all things considered.

I watched the cycling time trial on the wet streets of Paris yesterday. Brilliant atmosphere in the crowd. Was like a Mexican wave of noise as the riders approached & blistered past.
Was sorry to hear about the Aussie rider Lucas Plapp who ended up in hospital. The conditions were pretty treacherous.

The city has opened up a lot more now & is buzzing.

I’m looking forward to watching adults racing children’s bikes, later in the programme. And hanging out for the breakdancing preliminaries too.

Hope you’re enjoying it Billy. Agree Celine was excellent all things considered.

I watched the cycling time trial on the wet streets of Paris yesterday. Brilliant atmosphere in the crowd. Was like a Mexican wave of noise as the riders approached & blistered past.
Was sorry to hear about the Aussie rider Lucas Plapp who ended up in hospital. The conditions were pretty treacherous.

The city has opened up a lot more now & is buzzing.
would have been awesome mate, love all forms of cycling and athletics, and of course basketball. Plappy has already undergone abdominal surgery, apparently footage of his crash was so gruesome it was removed from social media?

Vividly remember Darell Eastlake calling the Commonwealth Games weightlifting when I was a child in the 80s/90s.

This particular games, the Indian weightlifting team performed particularly well.

Darell Eastlake at fever pitch as one of the Indian lifters hit the front of the competition. “OH GEEZ, THESE INDIANS ARE AS HOT AS THE CURRY THEY EAT!”
I went to session of weightlifting in 2000 Sydney.
Was second heaviest division. Very psychological . Lots of swarthy men and that’s just the spectators… it’s a big Eastern Europe Middle East sport…. Some genetic advantage? But you can’t argue about the purity. Lift a weight over your head and put it back down. Heaviest two wins.
It was also night of Freeman’s final. There was a gap in the event and they put it on the screen. Not as good as being at track but a few thousand went wild at the weightlifting too.
Don’t know if Darell was in the box.

I went to session of weightlifting in 2000 Sydney.
Was second heaviest division. Very psychological . Lots of swarthy men and that’s just the spectators… it’s a big Eastern Europe Middle East sport…. Some genetic advantage? But you can’t argue about the purity. Lift a weight over your head and put it back down. Heaviest two wins.
It was also night of Freeman’s final. There was a gap in the event and they put it on the screen. Not as good as being at track but a few thousand went wild at the weightlifting too.
Don’t know if Darell was in the box.
I think perhaps culturally ingrained in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East too, as well as perhaps some generic component. Sometimes no doubt sports are self selecting for certain regions on this basis.

That said, there have been a few forays into the South Pacific to try and unearth weightlifting talent. Usually with quite a bit of success. If the sport was more ingrained culturally in the South Pacific, one would expect them to perform brilliantly on a consistent basis.

sorry to disappoint @tigerman but she's a Hawk fan, interview on AFL site wearing Hawks scarf.
Damn, it must be just her mother who goes for the Tiges.

"Gold medallist Ariarne Titmus and her mum at last year's Grand Final."

E7MIDHoUcAITNH4