2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

Kevin Durant's first half in the basketball was ridiculous. (for the few minutes he was on the court)

Reactions: 1 user
The Matildas know how to entertain us, that's fore sure.

Typical "never say die Tillies" performance but they'll need a big improvement to get over the USA in the last game.

Zambia's strikers are world class, the rest of the team isn't.

Gee the Opals look shaky. Nigeria just look so much better. Faster, more skilful, slicker & sharper ball movement. Opals now wrestling their way back into the game. But gee it’s hard work.

Last edited:
Gee the Opals look shaky. Nigeria just look so much better. Faster, more skilful, slicker & sharper ball movement. Opals now wrestling their way back into the game. But gee it’s hard work.
Opals look terrible to me. 26 turnovers - just horrible club basketball stuff.
Can't shoot free throws either. Hit some threes to get back in it, but not making anything easy as you say and then just basically poor basketball.
Commentary is bog awful too.

8/18 from the stripe and 26 turnovers. One of the worst performances I can remember from the Opals who didn’t or couldn’t adjust to Nigeria’s press and overall pressure.

26 turnovers. FMD.

8/18 from the stripe and 26 turnovers. One of the worst performances I can remember from the Opals who didn’t or couldn’t adjust to Nigeria’s press and overall pressure.

26 turnovers. FMD.
Woeful Performance.
Why is Sandy Brondello still the coach after their disappointing 8th place at Tokyo? I would have thought a new coach would have been the first thing to happen

Opals look terrible to me. 26 turnovers - just horrible club basketball stuff.
Can't shoot free throws either. Hit some threes to get back in it, but not making anything easy as you say and then just basically poor basketball.
Commentary is bog awful too.
Opals were putrid. Turnovers galore and 7-16 or thereabouts from the free throw line. Less than 50% from the free throw line!!! That’s not acceptable at this level. You’d expect better from weekend u/17 basketballers.

26 turnovers. FMD.
Passed the ball like they were playing drunk. Just horrendous.

Opals were putrid. Turnovers galore and 7-16 or thereabouts from the free throw line. Less than 50% from the free throw line!!! That’s not acceptable at this level. You’d expect better from weekend u/17 basketballers.
Mrs PT always screaming at the TV about that. As a junior in an institute of sport development programme. The amount of free throws she had to do (and on both hands). Shoot 10 on each hand. 8/10 on each hand the pass mark. Do it again and again until you pass. This as a 13-16YO.

• Wow
Jess Fox .......................... GUN

Matildas .......... overhyped dross.

Fancy scraping past Zambia, after having shipped nearly half a dozen goals into their own net in back to back outingss talk about a bunch od bathwater drinkers.

Have they been humbled enough to get over themselves and get focused on the job yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Typical "never say die Tillies" performance but they'll need a big improvement to get over the USA in the last game.

Zambia's strikers are world class, the rest of the team isn't.
Goalkeeping on both sides was brutal...

Watched the volleyball today but not the beach kind unfortunately as tickets as rare as hens teeth for that. It was an epic game between the USA & China. Went right to the wire with China prevailing. Great match & I know nothing about women’s volleyball!

Again the French made it a great spectacle for the crowd. They’re creating party atmospheres in otherwise stuffy traditional sports which they have to for the Olympics to survive. I’m loving it.

Reactions: 3 users
Watched the volleyball today but not the beach kind unfortunately as tickets as rare as hens teeth for that. It was an epic game between the USA & China. Went right to the wire with China prevailing. Great match & I know nothing about women’s volleyball!

Again the French made it a great spectacle for the crowd. They’re creating party atmospheres in otherwise stuffy traditional sports which they have to for the Olympics to survive. I’m loving it.
Very envious of ToO to go to an Overseas Olympics especially in Paris which is just beautiful. I went to Sydney and the best time ever until 2017.

What other events are you going to and are you a chance to see Australia win Gold.

Paris has done so well with some event venues with Beach Volleyball at Eiffel Tower, Equestrian at Versailles and Skateboarding and BMX tricks at Concorde/Louvre area and then time trial and eventually Marathon and Trialthon showcasing the city.