2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

If you can watch the live feeds on 9 Now. No adverts and different commentators. Usually international teams. Nowhere near as jingoistic.
Yes. I’m more a watcher of sport for sport’s sake. Hence, general network Australian coverage is unbearable to me. Very heavy on the sports only a handful of countries do seriously, that Australia does really well at (swimming for example). With horrible, biased commentary.

Have chucked stuff at the TV, while watching 1500m and 5000m track finals (as they are getting to crucial stages) for the fuckwhits at the network to cross to swimming HEATS that Australians are in (usually swimming relays at that point of the programme).

Reactions: 1 users
Is that Matt Hill calling the rowing ? That's interesting. He called the races at Caulfield today !

Reactions: 1 user
Anything you guys are seeing / hearing is better than the South African commentary uuuuggggg.. Makes ch 31 look amazing .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yes. I’m more a watcher of sport for sport’s sake. Hence, general network Australian coverage is unbearable to me. Very heavy on the sports only a handful of countries do seriously, that Australia does really well at (swimming for example). With horrible, biased commentary.

Have chucked stuff at the TV, while watching 1500m and 5000m track finals (as they are getting to crucial stages) for the fuckwhits at the network to cross to swimming HEATS that Australians are in (usually swimming relays at that point of the programme).
You won’t get that on the live feeds. Although I’d find it unusual that given the swimming takes place during the first week of the tournament and the athletics during the second that the two would overlap.

You won’t get that on the live feeds. Although I’d find it unusual that given the swimming takes place during the first week of the tournament and the athletics during the second that the two would overlap.
They do often overlap by a couple of days. Hence why I referenced swimming relays usually overlapping with athletics.

They do often overlap by a couple of days. Hence why I referenced swimming relays usually overlapping with athletics.
If you select an event it’ll stay on that event. 9 will flick around to try and give coverage to Australian events, because that’s what their advertisers want.

Watching the gymnastics presently. A lot of the male gymnasts have some pretty decent guns, shoulders and lats.

I wonder if they do much weight work in the gym? Or if it builds to that shape by doing all body weight strength work on the specific (or related) apparatus they train and compete on.

We've 12 channels of events where I am and I'm suffering from thumb rsi constantly flicking between them all.

Grace Brown, Victorian, on track to win our first Gold in the Women's individual time trial.

But it's wet, course goes from tarmac to cobblestones all over the place, so anything can happen.

First Gold for Australia. Well done Grace Brown, thrashed the competition, but helped by her main rival taking a fall.

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting that in men’s rugby 7s, Fiji have made that version of the game their own. Yet it’s not really translated across to their fellow Pacific Island nations of Samoa and Tonga.

Certainly a style of the game that does play to the strengths of pacifika players, from both rugby codes. All these countries would have a supplementary talent pool living in the likes of Australia and NZ (playing both Union and league) they could look to draw on too.

On that note. Interesting the lack of pasifika players in the Australia 7s squad. When you look how over represented they are on both the rugby union and rugby league scene in Australia, I would expect that to translate to more representation in the 7s side, as is the case in the Wallabies.

First Gold for Australia. Well done Grace Brown, thrashed the competition, but helped by her main rival taking a fall.
She absolutely destroyed the field. Phenomenal effort. Well done Grace.

I’m in Paris.
Went to the Sevens yesterday. Good to see a Wallabies win. Brilliant atmosphere & so much fun. The French really trying to bring the Olympics into a new age.
The city has been a bit of a pain in the ass with lockdowns in readiness for tonight’s opening ceremony.
Hopefully opens up a bit after tonight.

She’s not strictly French, (albeit is a native French speaker), so interesting that they brought out Celine Dion to sing an Edith Piaf classic.

Stirring rendition nonetheless. I really am a sucker for French female vocalists. Stunning cover of a beautiful song.

No doubt her backstory of health troubles adding an additional layer of emotion to the performance.
I'm in Marseille and watched the Opening Ceremony, turned into a real marathon but Celine Dion was a highlight right at the end. Glad I hung in there until the end after a sh*t day with the French train saga and booking.com.

Reactions: 2 users
Rain woke me up Early This Morning What a Great Start 3 Aussie Gold

Wasnt it Terry Bailey. I was suspicious if 9 are calling off monitors Back here.
Well, I watched a couple of races and in one of them the Sky racing guys said "It's over to the great Matt Hill" or something to that effect as they were loading.

Reckon they made a mistake because I just watched a couple of replays and yes, it does sound like Terry Bailey.

< NRL | TV shows >