2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

Outstanding by Brown and Titmus. Outstanding.

Titmus blew Ledecky into the weeds and McIntosh never truly threatened.

4x100 W. Fantastic.

Good swim by Winnington as well. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
When selecting its swimming commentary team, Channel 9 must go, "Right. Who's our most jingoistic, bogan, ocker rugby league shouter? get him." Dunno the bloke's name but he's a bad as Rabbits Warren. Ian Thorpe adds nothing and even Giaan Rooney is sucked into the barracking.

Good first night at the pool, two gold, two silver.

When selecting its swimming commentary team, Channel 9 must go, "Right. Who's our most jingoistic, bogan, ocker rugby league shouter? get him." Dunno the bloke's name but he's a bad as Rabbits Warren. Ian Thorpe adds nothing and even Giaan Rooney is sucked into the barracking.

The drivel that comes out of Rooney and Thorpe's mouth is unbearable.

"Oh she's looking at the crowd waving. Very relaxed. Great signs."

"Look at that head bobble."

"I just noticed she's wearing headphones. That's something new. I like it."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Good to see Tiger supporter Ariarne Titmus win gold for Australia, be great if Mansell her school class mate can "win goal" for the Tiges today.

1722125300837.png

• Love

At times, I thought he was Warren. When possible I’m going to stick to the live feeds with the international commentary teams. I did use the 9 coverage of the slalom canoeing because I like Richard Fox’s commentary and Phil Liggett is also doing the cycling for them.

Reactions: 1 user

May as well just go the whole hog and get Laurie Lawrence to commentate the swimming. *smile* me! Unbearable, unwatchable.

Great to see another Camperdown product do well on the World Stage.

Well done Grace Brown a completely dominant victory by 91 seconds

The jingoistic montage replays played ad nauseam as fillers, when we could be watching actual footage of sport gets pretty tired too……

Darrell Eastlake ?
Vividly remember Darell Eastlake calling the Commonwealth Games weightlifting when I was a child in the 80s/90s.

This particular games, the Indian weightlifting team performed particularly well.

Darell Eastlake at fever pitch as one of the Indian lifters hit the front of the competition. “OH GEEZ, THESE INDIANS ARE AS HOT AS THE CURRY THEY EAT!”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Vividly remember Darell Eastlake calling the Commonwealth Games weightlifting when I was a child in the 80s/90s.

This particular games, the Indian weightlifting team performed particularly well.

Darell Eastland at fever pitch as one of the Indian lifters hit the front of the competition. “OH GEEZ, THESE INDIANS ARE AS HOT AS THE CURRY THEY EAT!”
What about big Dazza calling Dean Lukin in the Clean and Jerk weight lifting, how excited was Dazza, for him it was the Jerk and Clean:)

I think the only medal event for us today is Womens cross country BMX