2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

President Dr Mokgweetsi Erick Masisi grants Batswana and residents a day off work Monday in honor of the Olympic Champion Letsile Tebogo.
"The decision has been duly made to recognise and honour Letsile Tebogo as the first Motswana and first African to win a Gold Medal for 200m in the history of the Olympics," reads the statement from office of the President in part... Yay

Attachments

• Olympics-Athletics-Botswanas_103.jpg
    Olympics-Athletics-Botswanas_103.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 7 users
Yeah. I thought Stuart McSweyn was unlucky to not have broken that drought in Tokyo. In the form of his life, probably to not be repeated. And the likes of Kerr and Ingebritsen as fellow stayers, changing the present dynamics of 1500m racing. It was the best chance he was going to get. Just wasn’t to be. Narrowly missed.

I watch Jess Hull and Georgia Griffith run around. And it is with a tinge of ‘what if.’ I had a girl I was coaching, similar age group. Competitive with them both up until 18-19YO. And off much lower training load. They were further advanced in their development compared to her. Just couldn’t keep her in the sport when Uni, work, those things took hold. Dropped back to recreational running. Still turns up a whips weekend warriors at Park Run off limited training base.

Still lives near me. See her out running around the area. Chat to her parents semi-regularly. I should send her a message to see if she’d want to give it an all or nothing crack at the age of 28. Has always kept herself fit.
Stewy was in rare form for Tokyo. He seems to have not quiet been able to get back to that level since his Covid battles. He was probably lucky to get through to the 5km final but hopefully he has a good run.

You should reach out to her. Very few have that level of talent and you don't want to wake up one day wondering what if.

President Dr Mokgweetsi Erick Masisi grants Batswana and residents a day off work Monday in honor of the Olympic Champion Letsile Tebogo.
"The decision has been duly made to recognise and honour Letsile Tebogo as the first Motswana and first African to win a Gold Medal for 200m in the history of the Olympics," reads the statement from office of the President in part... Yay
They were unlucky not to have one in 2012 with 18YO Nijel Amos. Ran a time that would have easily won any other 800m Olympic Final in history. Only to be beaten by David Rudisha running the first ever (and still the only) sub 1:41 in history.

Reactions: 1 user
You should reach out to her. Very few have that level of talent and you don't want to wake up one day wondering what if.
Tell you a story. Had her running a light session of fine tuning speed reps. 200s and 150s when some Aths Aust big whigs were in town at our local track. She would have been 16-17 at the time.

The comment from one of them (as we kind of sneak under the radar in TAS), “Who is that girl? I haven’t seen a kid move that nicely since Freeman!”

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Tell you a story. Had her running a light session of fine tuning speed reps. 200s and 150s when some Aths Aust big whigs were in town at our local track. She would have been 16-17 at the time.

The comment from one of them (as we kind of sneak under the radar in TAS), “Who is that girl? I haven’t seen a kid move that nicely since Freeman!”
She must be a smooth mover. Cathy was poetry in motion.

Breakdancing as a ‘sport’ in the Olympics. FMD!!!
Maybe I should have taken brandy, downball, foursquare, British bulldog and even kiss chasey more seriously in school. They might be up as events in future games

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Talk about putting the mozz on someone …double bogeys the 10th.

Yin and Yang vying for the medals :cool:
Yep, the double on 10 cost Green, she finished on 6 under, the silver medal was 8 under.

Lydia Ko is very very slow, she's in the last group, they're on 17, there's no one else on the course. She needs a par on the last for Gold.