2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

Whately: "If Peyton Craig runs a PB he's in the Olympic final."

Craig runs a PB, finishes 6th in the semi. No final. But great performance, has a big future.

Reactions: 1 user

Craig runs a PB, finishes 6th in the semi. No final. But great performance, has a big future.
"We're in the mash up here"

He's the best, Nerdley.

Hannah shoots 66, with a 30 on the back nine. She's a medal chance, could've been in it for a GOLD (still might be) if it wasn't for her first round.

Regarding the 800m. One of the best spectator races.

Tactical, not too long. And they are running insanely fast.

No one beats Djamel Sedjati the Algerian. He is a class above. Just watch his turn of speed! One of the most impressive I have seen in a while.

Only needed to show his hand for a 20m burst. And then switch off. Was always in control. Even running at the back, out of trouble. Never in doubt.

He made the others look second rate.

Reactions: 1 users
Regarding the 800m. One of the best spectator races.

Tactical, not too long. And they are running insanely fast.

No one beats Djamel Sedjati the Algerian. He is a class above. Just watch his turn of speed! One of the most impressive I have seen in a while.

Only needed to show his hand for a 20m burst. And then switch off. Was always in control. Even running at the back, out of trouble. Never in doubt.

He made the others look second rate.
800 and 1500 always been my favourite events.

800 and 1500 always been my favourite events.
I think we’ve proven over the last two Olympic cycles. 800/1500 (and perhaps 400m as an honourable mention) is the event group on the track (outside of some field events) that Australia has the capacity to consistently compete well in, with the right support for athletes. That’s both men and women. Lots of depth in the Australian ranks for those events presently. And could be maintained with the right support.

The amount of elite AFL footballers I have watched that could have been a serious 400 to 1500m talent in a sliding doors moment that they did athletics instead of footy as their chosen sport from childhood…..there certainly is the talent pool there.

Athletics Australia dropped a bomb of money (out of a budget for the sport that really isn’t very big - this sport does things on the sniff of an oily rag) on the 4x100m relay programm, supporting a squad of 6 men and 6 women over the past 3 years. And for what? Sure, both teams ran national records. But run out in the heats. We are wasting our time in that event group. Just not going to compete apart from the odd individual talent like Torie Lewis that pops their head up every now and then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Check out Raygun from Australia in the 'breakdancing'..I mean wot?
:ROFLMAO:

Someone need to be held a accountible for her selection.

36yo middle-class white women who cant dance.

Like selecting a dwarf whose scared of heights for the high jump.

Really poor. Gotta be some kind of foul nepotism

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Check out Raygun from Australia in the 'breakdancing'..I mean wot?
:ROFLMAO:
I saw it live. It is the strangest, most confusing, funniest thing I've ever seen on world sport. Worse/ better than Eric the Eel. WTF? The judges were trying not to laugh. She scored 0 in all three heats! Zero. How the bloody hell did she get an Aussie guernsey? I've seen busking breakdancers all over the country who are 1000 times better.

Apparently she has killed breakdancing as an olympic sport, and the next Olympics are in LA, where Compton is. They won't be too happy with Raygun.

Its both infuriating and funny.

Some of the critics comments are funny, 'Viewers were confused that a one-day cricketer had wandered into the wrong venue'

• Haha
Someone need to be held a accountible for her selection.

36yo middle-class white women who cant dance.

It’s soo funny. She will probably get a movie made about her.

GIF by Zack Kantor

Yes. I just kept thing HTF did she get this opportunity when she has zero ability? It was like watching an old Campbells Creek seconds player run out for the top AFL side.

It’s soo funny. She will probably get a movie made about her.

GIF by Zack Kantor

I'd like an explanation from a shrink how it is that imposters dont get imposter syndrome.

but greats like Simone Byles do?

I literally saw black kids busking breakdance on the GC a few months ago who could take Rhoypnol and handcuff their hands behind their back and wear earplugs and smear vaseline all over the floor and wear gumboots and a driza bone and have an epidural,

and beat RayGun 100-0

her performance was so bad, and her lack of insight so profound,

that she's not even worthy of cult status.

her head rotation, half double donkey kick move was like an ADHD preschooler with worms during story time

often with substandard performance. we say

'oh well, she gave it a better a crack than I could do'

but that doesn't apply. I could do more impressive moves on my kitchen floor, in my 50's, with no knee Cartledge left and degenerating vertebrae.

I would be supremely confident in a dance battle with her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I saw it live. It is the strangest, most confusing, funniest thing I've ever seen on world sport. Worse/ better than Eric the Eel. WTF? The judges were trying not to laugh. She scored 0 in all three heats! Zero. How the bloody hell did she get an Aussie guernsey? I've seen busking breakdancers all over the country who are 1000 times better.

Apparently she has killed breakdancing as an olympic sport, and the next Olympics are in LA, where Compton is. They won't be too happy with Raygun.

Its both infuriating and funny.

Some of the critics comments are funny, 'Viewers were confused that a one-day cricketer had wandered into the wrong venue'
No break dancing in the LA Olympics.
They’ve gone for lacrosse and cricket I think.

Some of the back ground on why and how break dancing was selected for the Olympics is interesting, and gives an understanding if what we saw last night.

Basically, break dancers didn’t want to be in the Olympics, and only participated so their art (they don’t see it as a sport) wasn’t taken away from them.

• Wow
She actually really threw her US opponent, who was good, you could see she was pretty confused.

How did a white suburban academic with no ability get to represent Australia, when there are any number of black Aussie breakdancers from urban ghettos with a lot of talent? I'm not saying the chosen rep has to be black, I am saying they should have to have some ability?

I'd like an explanation from a shrink how it is that imposters dont get imposter syndrome.

but greats like Simone Byles do?

I literally saw black kids busking breakdance on the GC a few months ago who could take Rhoypnol and handcuff their hands behind their back and wear earplugs and smear vaseline all over the floor and wear gumboots and a driza bone and have an epidural,

and beat RayGun 100-0

her performance was so bad, and her lack of insight so profound,

that she's not even worthy of cult status.

her head rotation, half double donkey kick move was like an ADHD preschooler with worms during story time

often with substandard performance. we say

'oh well, she gave it a better a crack than I could do'

but that doesn't apply. I could do more impressive moves on my kitchen floor, in my 50's, with no knee Cartledge left and degenerating vertebrae.

I would be supremely confident in a dance battle with her.
I'd back you on degree of difficulty and originality. You'd struggle on backspin revolutions. Most of the competitors, that is all except Raygun, did more than a half revolution.

• Haha

Some of the back ground on why and how break dancing was selected for the Olympics is interesting, and gives an understanding if what we saw last night.

Basically, break dancers didn’t want to be in the Olympics, and only participated so their art (they don’t see it as a sport) wasn’t taken away from them.

Break dancing may well be an artform, I'm a big fan, but in any field of art there are bad artists, Raygun is a bad artist. Normally bad artists do their thing, enjoy themselves harmlessly in the privacy of their own home with their family, we've all known someone who dabbles in painting and think they are good, but they aren't. The difference is that they don't end up in the Louvre.

Her pre performance interview, when paired with seeing her performance, was like Spinal Tap.

I think Raygun sees it as art, in a very deluded attempt to counter her lack of athleticism as she fast transitions from her rythmless youth to middle-age

I reckon the 17yos doing effortlessly well times backflips would call it sport