2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

Schauffele after sharing the lead thru 7, is 5 shots off the lead. He should be at the pool, he can't keep out of the water.

$cottie $cheffler, gets his 9th birdie, leads by 1 at 19 under thru 17.

Both Aussie blokes in the Kayak Cross through to the finals.
What a manic sport that is.
Noemie Fix through to finals. Jess missed the cut.

Agree, Canoe Cross is the most manic event in the Olympics. Great viewing.

My no 1 team Aussies doing well yay .. Watch out for my other team Botswana in the 200 m and 400m running .. were good

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Opals 79-72 over France. Whitcomb, George immense. Great game.

Golf was sensational. In 8 years time it'll be the true 5th major. Great field, great play. Massive crowds. The big guns came to play in the final round. Well done Snuffler. Course record. Catweazle blows it on the final 2 holes.

Harris great swim. W relay team very good also.

The 5 minute wait or whatever it was in the M 100m was absurd. Wake up...literally.

Golf was sensational. In 8 years time it'll be the true 5th major. Great field, great play. Massive crowds. The big guns came to play in the final round. Well done Snuffler. Course record. Catweazle blows it on the final 2 holes.
Incredible golf by $cheffler, he was 6 shots behind on the back nine, and then birdied 10, 12, 14,15,16, & 17 to spook Rahm and Rory.
Rory did was Rory does, he had birdied 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14 to be one shot off the lead. He and Rahm would've been looking at the leaderboard and thinking, oh no he's coming, he's coming.

Went to watch the replay of the 1500m men’s freestyle final which I have always loved watching, and 200m into the race, the 9Now replay goes to an interview with a couple of, I assume, Aussie swimmers - what crap - so much for promoting the replay of any sport you want to watch.

I purposely don’t watch the general 9 feed cause it’s full of crap, but it seems it’s to hard for the replays to cut this out.

Reactions: 2 users
Incredible golf by $cheffler, he was 6 shots behind on the back nine, and then birdied 10, 12, 14,15,16, & 17 to spook Rahm and Rory.
Rory did was Rory does, he had birdied 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14 to be one shot off the lead. He and Rahm would've been looking at the leaderboard and thinking, oh no he's coming, he's coming.
It was a great finish. Number 1,2,3,10,11 and 12 ranked golfers in the world all going at it.

Politics and point scoring.

IBA was discredited by the IOC and are not managing the boxing in Paris. IBA have banned Imane Khelif and Lin Yu-ting from female bouts. IOC let them box.
Yep, bigots like Trump and Rowling spread lies and some people lap it up.

Gee they’re showing a lot of the Olympic golf tournament. Sure, it seems relatively well attended, particularly compared to Rio. But could be that it’s cheaper and more accessible, not being a seated event.

That all said I’m still not convinced it belongs at the Olympics.
It doesn’t, belong
It and tennis should be removed and to a lesser extent football/soccer and cricket should not come in.

The Olympics should be the ultimate achievement in your sport for tennis, gol.
World Cup in Football is bigger than football so I consider removing it.
I assume Olympic Gold is better than World Championship Gold in Basketball

They need to bring back sports that were once in the Olympics like Tug of War, Pigeon Racing, Pigeon Shooting, Standing Jump, Equestrian High Jump, Equestrian Long Jump, 100m freestyle for sailors, dueling pistol, Roque, and Poetry

It doesn’t, belong
It and tennis should be removed and to a lesser extent football/soccer and cricket should not come in.

They need to bring back sports that were once in the Olympics like Tug of War, Pigeon Racing, Pigeon Shooting, Standing Jump, Equestrian High Jump, Equestrian Long Jump, 100m freestyle for sailors, dueling pistol, Roque, and Poetry
Sh!te yeah bring back poetry :ROFLMAO:

In the arena of strength and speed, Where athletes strive for gold, Let poetry weave its silken thread, A tale of courage bold.

The javelin arcs, the sprinters race, Their bodies honed and taut, Yet words can soar, hearts interlace, In verses deftly wrought.

Let rhythmic lines adorn the track, As runners surge ahead, Their breaths in sync, their spirits crack, With sonnets left unsaid.

For in this hallowed Olympic space, Where records fall and rise, Let poets join the thrilling chase, Their ink the prize they prize.

So reintroduce the ancient art, To stadiums ablaze, Where medals gleam and dreams take part, In lyrical displays. 🏅✍️

*Credit to copilot for the poetry.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It doesn’t, belong

This is a difficult one though. Would you remove road cycling as well? The olympics road race is very highly thought of, as is the world championship. But neither compare to winning yellow at the Tour, or even pink at the Giro, likely more prestigious than red at the Vuelta but only maybe. Is it on a par with the monuments? Not sure.

Personally I would be getting rid of some of the events which aren't really sport - breakdancing, rhythmic gymnastics, synchronised swimming, ice dancing (winter) etc. Not that these aren't worthy pursuits, but I just don't think they are sport, just like ballroom dancing (sorry, dancesport) isn't.

DS

Why do we have to listen to Wanker Whateley's tinny voice calling the athletics?? Where's Bwuce?

Great run by Reece Holder in his 400m heat last night. Second in 44.53, making him the second-fastest Australian ever behind two-time Olympic 4th place-getter Darren Clark.

Good running by Torrie Lewis to qualify for the semi final of the 200 metres at her first Olympics, 19 years old.

Reactions: 1 users