2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

Watched the women’s 100m heats.

Shelly-Anne Fraser may not win the gold this time around. But gee wizz she still has it at 37.

16 years after storming Beijing for a dominant 100m gold.

She will feature at the pointy end of the field.

What a Great Morning 3 More Aussie Gold Medals
Olympic Games Australia GIF by Pudgy Penguins

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Cam McEvoy, re-writing the training textbooks to win the 50 free, gives hope to every athlete who hates training. Bacsically trained 10% as much as everyone else and won gold aged 30 at his fourth Olympics. What a story.

Joshua Cheptegei confirms his greatness winning a fantastic 10,000m final in Olympic record time. The first 13 finishers beat the old Olympic record. Amazing.

19-year-old Aussie Claudia Hollingsworth ran superbly to finish second in her heat of the 800 and go straight to the semis.

Reactions: 3 users
Cam McEvoy, re-writing the training textbooks to win the 50 free, gives hope to every athlete who hates training. Bacsically trained 10% as much as everyone else and won gold aged 30 at his fourth Olympics. What a story.

Joshua Cheptegei confirms his greatness winning a fantastic 10,000m final in Olympic record time. The first 13 finishers beat the old Olympic record. Amazing.

19-year-old Aussie Claudia Hollingsworth ran superbly to finish second in her heat of the 800 and go straight to the semis.
The BMX story with Sakakibara is great too.

Reactions: 1 users
The BMX story with Sakakibara is great too.
She destroyed her field. Not bad for someone who caught covid in the village.

I missed that?
Her brother was also a BMX racer. He had a bad accident in 2020 and is now with severe brain damage. She nearly gave it away due to lingering concussion symptoms after her fall in the Tokyo semis.

Great post race interview here. I counted 3 f-bombs.

Saya Sakakibara's tearful interview after BMX triumph

Quote of the Olympics so far from Saya:

"All I had to do was just *smile* go and I just *smile* went"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I missed that?
Brother severe brain injury from bmx racing. He was pretty talented from what I can gather.

She then had a nasty accident herself. Hospitalised. Thought about giving it away. But has continued on to what we've seen her achieve today for herself and her family. Nice.

Reactions: 4 users
Kaylee McKeown what a champion. Now has the most individual gold medals of any Australian ever.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
IBA will pay Carini $A75K for that loss. Looks they're gonna revise the laws due to that chromosomes issue.

IBA will pay Carini $A75K for that loss. Looks they're gonna revise the laws due to that chromosomes issue.
Politics and point scoring.

IBA was discredited by the IOC and are not managing the boxing in Paris. IBA have banned Imane Khelif and Lin Yu-ting from female bouts. IOC let them box.

Reactions: 1 user
Eben & Peers currently in the Tennis Doubles gold medal match. Currently in the 1st set tie breaker

And the first female backstroker to do the double double. I think.
Pretty sure the first swimmer, male or female to do the double double. Might even be the first athlete of any sort to win the same two events back to back, but I could be wishful dreamin on this bit.

Pretty sure the first swimmer, male or female to do the double double. Might even be the first athlete of any sort to win the same two events back to back, but I could be wishful dreamin on this bit.
I'm not sure, but I thought Phelps may have done it. He seems to have done everything else.

Shame what happened to Shelly Ann Fraser. Disappointing way to go out from a stellar career in the sport. Absolute champion. A pint sized giant of the sport.

But good to see the Caribbean string of victories over the Americans continues.

Imagine if the short lived West Indies Federation had survived (of course the West Indies cricket team being a left over legacy of the short lived Union).

Such a country would dominate the sprint events.

Last edited: