2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Who would be the big fish this year? What role would they fit at Richmond?
Good question.
NFI, personally, just wanted someone to help the kids.
Set and drive standards, training, the full box and dice.
You can't just have kids.

No one has nominated us so far, so looks like full youth policy.
We will cop some fearful poundings, I fear.

Even if we only have half of this year's injuries next year, then factor in all the experienced outs..... Yikes.

Reactions: 1 user
Good question.
NFI, personally, just wanted someone to help the kids.
Set and drive standards, training, the full box and dice.
You can't just have kids.

No one has nominated us so far, so looks like full youth policy.
We will cop some fearful poundings, I fear.

Even if we only have half of this year's injuries next year, then factor in all the experienced outs..... Yikes.
I can think of a half dozen or so players who when fit are automatic ins and have experience, more than half have played in Premierships. It’s more than Hardwick had when he first came in.

Reactions: 1 users
We are in the envious position of having the first pick in the PSD as well - the brains trust can assess where we are at, what we have, and whether it is worth picking up an experienced player who is out of contract and can add to the group.

Reactions: 2 users
We are in the envious position of having the first pick in the PSD as well - the brains trust can assess where we are at, what we have, and whether it is worth picking up an experienced player who is out of contract and can add to the group.
Yeah, usually the no.1 psd pick is some crappy club no one wants to go to (I’m looking at you North Melbourne…..) but at least this time it’s Richmond, a big 4 club that plays at the G with a huge membership and supporter base. Whilst the next few years will be tough you’d be selling them on aforementioned pluses and hope whoever it is that we may be able to steer through to the psd is sold on that.

I dont reckon we keep a list spot for the psd.
Instead we use all 10 (or whatever) in the first 25 picks

Riley Bonner and Jackson Hately are the only players to change clubs via the PSD since Jack Martin in 2019.
I wouldn't be getting too excited.