2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Just on Mac Andrew..
I reckon the AFL will ensure their franchise teams talented players will very rarely depart again after what happened with Lynch, Prestia etc.
They’ve plunged too much financially into these money pits to continue to see players pillaged.

Reactions: 1 users
Just on Mac Andrew..
I reckon the AFL will ensure their franchise teams talented players will very rarely depart again after what happened with Lynch, Prestia etc.
They’ve plunged too much financially into these money pits to continue to see players pillaged.
Which just proves and highlights how contrived the AFL is as a competition now.

Reactions: 3 users
Just on Mac Andrew..
And what do they do if they get hit by injuries the way we have been this season?

Just on Mac Andrew..

Still won't help, Gold Coast is where sports teams go to die. That club will never amount to much. A bit of on-field success will see an increase in interest, which will die down as soon as they are no longer successful.

DS

Still won't help, Gold Coast is where sports teams go to die. That club will never amount to much. A bit of on-field success will see an increase in interest, which will die down as soon as they are no longer successful.

DS
I wouldn't be so sure. Footy is booming on the Gold Coast. Strong participation and decent quality in men's and women's local footy. Auskick through the roof. Three kids drafted in the first round last year out of Palm Beach-Currumbin!

I was at our 2022 and 2024 losses at Metricon/People First and the Suns supporters are as into it as any others. Crowds of 18k and 22k to those two games (24k capacity). Average crowd of 17k this year - that's on par with most NRL clubs (and with Richmond 1985-90).

I think that's the difference. Teams have failed on the GC before because they're rugby league or basketball teams. People go to watch the AFL, because it's better to go and watch.

Like it or not the AFL has poured hundreds of millions of dollars into the region and it's beginning to bear fruit.

Reactions: 5 users
has it been mentioned that if the trades go through of Rioli and Bolton

and Pickett gone

that's 3 indigenous players ... bit of a bummer that ..

and Pickett gone

At one stage we had the second most, now we might have one of the least.

Thats a big change considering what our club does in this space off field.

Would love to see stats on who is left and where we rank if we don't draft anymore this year

Reactions: 1 users

Would love to see stats on who is left and where we rank if we don't draft anymore this year
yes, the Korin Gamadji Institute does a lot of work

Mansell and MJR maybe the only 2 left on the list?

Reactions: 1 user

and Pickett gone

Thought it, and hoping there's nothing to it apart from coincidental timing. maurice signing on is a good sign from that point of view

Honestly who gives a s**t the heritage of the players on our list. Picking a player just because they are indigenous is ridiculous. Pick the best players we can get..period.

Reactions: 9 users
Honestly who gives a s**t the heritage of the players on our list. Picking a player just because they are indigenous is ridiculous. Pick the best players we can get..period.
Correct.
It’s a form of reverse racism. Not meant with any malice but that’s what it is. Never pick players based on their colour.
Once everyone on this planet is treated the same regardless of race or colour, we’ll have stamped out racism.

Not sure anyone has suggested picking anyone just cos they are Indigenous.

Reactions: 8 users