2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Reckon one of Pickett and Kamdyn will get a contract. Meatball still lineball.

But if it is the 10 you mentioned, think that would give us 7 picks across the national and rookies drafts. Which would be about right.

The break-up would depend on how many rookies we upgrade i.e. Campbell, Mikelti etc.

@mrposhman knows this better than anyone and might clarify if we take that path.

Correct it would give us 7 list spots across the main / rookie list, with 2 available Cat B spots if we want to fill them. Its probably about right, I suspect there will be several that will need to wait until after the trade period before their futures are decided.

FWIW I think we will aim to trade our picks to either 3 or 4 within 20, then take Lockwood with some late picks, and the rest depends on how many rookie picks we take. My guess is, we only take 1 with hopefully taking either El Nour or Davidson.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon 1 of Kmac or Pickett will also leave the club, whether thats retirement or if they get given a chance elsewhere I'm not sure. Kmac in particular would be great at another rebuilding club even if just to set standards. Can leave as an UFA of which we may not get much in return.
Pickett 100% wont leave. Wants desperately to get to 100 games. Straight from the horses mouth.

Prestia will be offered a contract. This is purely my opinion.

Reactions: 13 users
From something called 360sportgist & Mike Pedro:

While upcoming draft additions will be crucial for their bid to climb the ladder, Richmond is also expected to target current AFL players to support their plans from 2025 onward through trades.

So, who might Richmond pursue this off-season? Here are five potential trade targets for the Tigers to consider:

1. Jai Culley (West Coast Eagles)

2. Elijah Tsatas (Essendon)

3. Dan Houston (Port Adelaide)

4. Will Phillips (North Melbourne)

5. Ash Johnson (Collingwood)

But the author doesn’t state why this 5, just lists them!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

While upcoming draft additions will be crucial for their bid to climb the ladder, Richmond is also expected to target current AFL players to support their plans from 2025 onward through trades.

So, who might Richmond pursue this off-season? Here are five potential trade targets for the Tigers to consider:

Such a bad list. It we touch Tsatas I will deliver the chicken poo myself.

Will Phillips via PSD wouldn't be the worst punt. Same with Ash Johnson.

Reactions: 2 users

He is as closest to the toompas pick I can remember.
Essendon have destroyed themselves at the draft.
The 3 under 15. Reid Cox & Perkins.

You obviously didn't see the full article. He gives an explanation about each of them. They are all underwhelming.

You obviously didn't see the full article. He gives an explanation about each of them. They are all underwhelming.

I read the article.

Culley - big body mid - why do we need that, we have them, we don't have speed. That 1 made the least sense
Tsatas - So we are now expected to take Essendons bad picks. Maybe for a Round 4 pick
Houston - So we are rebuilding but would pay a 1st rounder for a 27 year old. Eh
Philips - Is an option in the PSD or a 3rd / 4th pick I reckon, been pushed out as North have a lot of mids (another reason why they may trade their 1st down this year), but has some level of ability, probably picked at 3 above his ability
Johnson - Not really sure I get this one either, mid size forward, but we have Lefau (I know will miss some of the year) and Gray that could play that role. Not sure we need someone that just hasn't looked at the level for much of his time at the Pies.

Relatively poor list compiled. I'd hazard a guess that 4 of them we haven't even considered.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, that's a *smile* list. Here's a better one:
Jaxon Binns
Jacob Konstanty
Alex Davies
Brandon Parfitt
Comor Nash (doubt he leaves Hawks but agree with @Scoop we should shake the tree)
Isaac Keeler
Olli Hotton
Coby Burgiel

All bar Binns out of contract. Parfitt and Nash UFAs.

Reactions: 5 users

Willing to help out with the chook poo, I have a dump truck I am willing to donate to the cause if we go after Tsatas

Yeah, that's a *smile* list. Here's a better one:
Jaxon Binns
Jacob Konstanty
Alex Davies
Brandon Parfitt
Comor Nash (doubt he leaves Hawks but agree with @Scoop we should shake the tree)
Isaac Keeler
Olli Hotton
Coby Burgiel

All bar Binns out of contract. Parfitt and Nash UFAs.
I will be staggered if we arent linked to Konstanty during trade week.

He is as closest to the toompas pick I can remember.
Essendon have destroyed themselves at the draft.
The 3 under 15. Reid Cox & Perkins.
Wasn't that 8-9-10 ? Three in the top ten never mind fifteen. The Dodo's massive draft strategy and so far not much of a return on investment.

ok a few questions to fire at the list brains trust here

Green was out of favour with plenty here even just 2/3 weeks ago
I like flashes of what I see in him , I just cant get a handle on whether he will be AFL standard , 100+ games player - thoughts ?

possible promotions
Davidson - he's easy to spot with that hair and I suspect his goal tallies have got people excited and he has caught my eye with a few things at ground level
but with Lynch , Lefau , Sampson, Kosi , Gray , Fawcett and possible swingmen in Balta and Gibcus do we have room for another tall forward in Davidson ?

Lachie Wilson - high possession getter , does catch and kill his own , what I have liked is some pace he's shown in traffic , that first 1-2 meters and have seen clean hands in heavy traffic , any chance he's being considered or are there short comings I'm not seeing ?

I'll swap you Graham and Short for Baker and Dusty and you have a deal. That backline actually looks pretty good.
There is a chance Graham is going off his own bat rumour mill and all.

Short is going nowhere. unfortunately he is signed for another three years I Can't see a club taking that on or him wanting to go.

Baker well people forget he has bought a house in wa and at age 27 if he is going back to play footy its now or never.

Dusty who knows. I think he should retire rather than play on with who ever.

The quality of the players we can get in this years draft far exceeds most of the rejects from other clubs.

The idea is to improve your list not clog it.

Reactions: 7 users
The quality of the players we can get in this years draft far exceeds most of the rejects from other clubs.

The idea is to improve your list not clog it.
I think it is a mixture of both. Most clubs improve their list by targeting players from other clubs as well. Carlton in particular have done well with it with Newman, Saad, Hollands, Acres etc. Sharp at Freo is another great example.

I don’t is to waste much draft capital but getting in one player who is not getting a game and is a needs based trade is fine with me. Quick mid imo.

We have lots of small forwards and to target one is a vote of no confidence in them all. Moju, Green, Mansell, Campbell and Clarke are all on our list. I am assuming Cumbo is gone.
None of them kick lots of goals however and that’s the shortfall.

ok a few questions to fire at the list brains trust here

Green was out of favour with plenty here even just 2/3 weeks ago
I like flashes of what I see in him , I just cant get a handle on whether he will be AFL standard , 100+ games player - thoughts ?

possible promotions
Davidson - he's easy to spot with that hair and I suspect his goal tallies have got people excited and he has caught my eye with a few things at ground level
but with Lynch , Lefau , Sampson, Kosi , Gray , Fawcett and possible swingmen in Balta and Gibcus do we have room for another tall forward in Davidson ?

Lachie Wilson - high possession getter , does catch and kill his own , what I have liked is some pace he's shown in traffic , that first 1-2 meters and have seen clean hands in heavy traffic , any chance he's being considered or are there short comings I'm not seeing ?
Don’t think I’ve ever been considered part of the brains trust, here or anywhere else, but I’ll chuck in my 2 cents.

Davidson would not normally be considered a tall forward, played that kind or role through necessity, but is touted more for his running ability than his marking. Looks like a wing or high half forward if he was to play at the next level.
I like him, but agree, he is very visible on the field, so you never miss anything he does.

Green is a quandary for everyone I reckon. I think it’ll be a little while longer until we get a fuller picture of what he can be.

Reactions: 6 users
possible promotions
That Davidson wouldn't be playing the tall or key forward type role. He's 190 cm pretty damn quick n aerobic as. Wing or roaming flanker, taller Kane Lamblett would be more his role with a licence to bang a sausage or three.

Reactions: 2 users
I think it is a mixture of both. Most clubs improve their list by targeting players from other clubs as well. Carlton in particular have done well with it with Newman, Saad, Hollands, Acres etc. Sharp at Freo is another great example.
Reckon Carlscum has simply done the same as we did a few years back, filled a couple of gaps n put a handful of solid core players in to support their already existing premiums.
Nank, Cadds, Lamblett into the list simply filled a couple of holes perfectly without needing to be expensive super stars. Bolstered the gun players perfectly when genuinely in contention mode. Probably not a great idea when you're in deterioration or rebuild mode.

I read the article.

Culley - big body mid - why do we need that, we have them, we don't have speed. That 1 made the least sense
Tsatas - So we are now expected to take Essendons bad picks. Maybe for a Round 4 pick
Houston - So we are rebuilding but would pay a 1st rounder for a 27 year old. Eh
Philips - Is an option in the PSD or a 3rd / 4th pick I reckon, been pushed out as North have a lot of mids (another reason why they may trade their 1st down this year), but has some level of ability, probably picked at 3 above his ability
Johnson - Not really sure I get this one either, mid size forward, but we have Lefau (I know will miss some of the year) and Gray that could play that role. Not sure we need someone that just hasn't looked at the level for much of his time at the Pies.

Relatively poor list compiled. I'd hazard a guess that 4 of them we haven't even considered.
Big Pass on that list of list cloggers'

Willing to help out with the chook poo
Too timid. You'll be laughed at. Here's what we'll do instead.

I've got a farming mate out of Nagambie with a herd of the biggest Herefords this side of the Maldives.

And he's got a mate with a B-double cattle truck.

We'll load up the entire herd ... set off at dawn ... pull over around Craigieburn to give 'em a feed of Laxettes ... then let the whole lot loose outside head office just as the list managers pull into the car park.

Trust me, it'll work.

George Pell certainly wasn't expecting it when we spilt a load all over his diocese back in '87.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users