2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Maurice Rioli Jnr still no contract for next year.

I find this strange.

Reactions: 3 users
good stuff General

Taranto and hopper will earn their money taking physical heat and bringing the next gen midfield forward.

Finn O'sullivan, jagga smith, sam lalor and Bo Allen (yes, if nor or WC fall for The Smilie, WC and Freo get in a bidding war over Bakes, we trade up for GCS first so they get Lombard cheap, we can have them all :oops: - I know, I know, that is a benny gale 3 and 75 statement)

turning over 8-10 for the next five years should be the aim.

im all for taking five mids, whom play 18's as mids, with our first five picks.

speed, agility, competitiveness, goals, ball use and durability being the premium.

start opportunistically collecting a surround of big tough flankers and wingmen beyond the 2nd round.

and use the rookie draft for ruckman.

patch lynchy up and pick up a CHF with first picks next few years
Not too worried about the forward line. Balta, Lefau and great hopes for Gibcus and Gray. As you point out our midfield is our most important priority.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Maurice Rioli Jnr still no contract for next year.

I find this strange.
Half the list is unsigned beyond this season.

But yes, it is a bit strange.

This end of season will tell the more real story of what's transpired at the RFC since Humpwick snatched it.

I dont think things are that great down there these days regardless of what some say.

Reactions: 1 user
Half the list is unsigned beyond this season.

But yes, it is a bit strange.

This end of season will tell the more real story of what's transpired at the RFC since Humpwick snatched it.

I dont think things are that great down there these days regardless of what some say.
You can see it on the field. Can count on one hand how often players got around each other, and when they did it almost looked cliquey.

The 5 in 30 has been an absolute disaster..
Did they go too early, (covid) could they have waited till 2022 to unleash?
But that's over now
I was against & angry that Baker spoke to Bradshaw and Serong, Rioli catching up with Dimma and Bolton talking to freo.
But I've expected it now, if they want out, see ya.
I won't accept a pick in the mid teens for Baker, 2 premiership player at 27. A pick between 5-10 & a 2nd rounder.
Rioli GC 1st pick 8 this year
Bolton every pick freo has. 2 1st rounders this year and next yrs 1st. *3 1st rounders.

Agree with your thoughts on Prestia. I also don't see McIntosh staying.
I don't think he's quite done yet. But I'm mindful also we don't want to clear all our senior players this year. He's a great trainer, clubman and a good example of what's required with his competitiveness.
We'll be fairly crap too next year, so we'll have more to move on then. I'd probably hold him until that point. Just comes down to which is guys do we want to release when.
I prefer a slow transition rather than falling off a cliff.

Reactions: 4 users
If he stays, can't see how we fit in Davidson and El Noard, who both look highly accomplished and capable of better things ahead. Lockwood too? A question of who you like but prefer to get these 2-3 on the list.

Been great for us but from his steady tailing off in form over this and last season as well, I think he is done. (Don’t see us falling off a cliff if he goes. Lots of experience will still be around).

If he is around next year and taking someone’s place it doesn’t help anybody.
A bit like POTUS.

We could cut trade delist 30 year olds McIntosh, Pickett, Grimes, Martin, and Naismith. Trade out 27 yr old Baker and next year still field a team with twelve players with over 100 games each.

Personally i think the minimum turn over for us should be 10.

for me they are

Grimes 33 ret.
Martin 33 ret.
Naismith 33 ret.
Pickett 33 ret/del
McIntosh 31 ret/del.
Baker 27 trade
Colina 25 del
Cumberland 24 del
Dow 23 del
Coulthard 23 del.

FB: Vlastuin 30/227 - Miller 25/39 - Gibcus 21/20
HB: Broad 31/141 - Balta 25/98 - Trezise 22/3

C : HRS - 23/44 - Taranto 27/147 - D Rioli 27/177
R : Nankervis 30/152 - Hopper 28/136 - Prestia 32/219

HF: Mansell 24/47 - Koschitzke 24/56 - Bolton 26/139
FF: MRJ 23/35 - Lynch 32/220 - Bauer 22/4

Graham 27/127 - Brown 21/16 - Ross 24/68 - Lefau 26/10

Short 29/169.

That would be close to our starting team next year . 19 players aged 23 or more. 12 players with 100 games or more given Balta should get there in the next few weeks. You will then have another 4 close to 50 games or more.

And thats without the ten named players.

One thing for sure in all that we are not going to clear all our oldies in one go. We can cut real hard and still have plenty of experienced players left.
But imo we do need to cut fairly hard this year and the next few.

Reactions: 3 users