2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

5 years for life membership?
What has high turnover got to do with it?
This is just woke & devalues the honour.
Nah the blokes play 22 games a season so get life membership if they can play 100 games. Could be done in 5 years or a bit more. The wimmen don't play anywhere near that amount of games in a season so after 5 years or a bit more they're around that level of time. Would have thought a 50 game target as a nice well rounded number would have fit right in for the purpose. But there's no devaluation, doubt there'd be many of the female players getting close to the 100 game mark any time soon.

Yeah but what the hell for???? She's not a premiership player for us n while I know they play a much shorter season then the men's game, but one would think there'd be some sort of nice rounded up number to create a milestone like 50 games to get a life membership.

Maybe it is. She's already played 47 times for us. Stoked to have her for another 3 seasons after this one. She's such a gun.

Reactions: 1 user
Interestingly he only really got a run when they moved Brown into the forward line. Will be interesting to see what the ideal formation is next year. Do they like Brown enough forward of the ball or do they want his kicking skills behind the ball.
Yeah good question. I know Jack likes Brown in the forward line. I thought his marking was great.

Interesting stat.

Shows the importance of a great backline

IMG_2763.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Nah the blokes play 22 games a season so get life membership if they can play 100 games. Could be done in 5 years or a bit more. The wimmen don't play anywhere near that amount of games in a season so after 5 years or a bit more they're around that level of time. Would have thought a 50 game target as a nice well rounded number would have fit right in for the purpose. But there's no devaluation, doubt there'd be many of the female players getting close to the 100 game mark any time soon.
For the men get life membership of the Richmond Football Club they need to play 150 senior games or win a premiership with Richmond

Mon Conti brings a lot to the RFC on and off the field.
5? best and fairest. without MC the girls team is pedestrian.
big deal, give her a life membership

Reactions: 3 users
For the men get life membership of the Richmond Football Club they need to play 150 senior games or win a premiership with Richmond
It varies from club to club, too. Most have it at 150, or win a special award Brownlow, Coleman, Norm Smith. Collingwood used to be 200 games. We, of course, have a winning Premiership, regardless of how many games, which is why Marlion became a life member after one game.

Ahhh, ok. Thought it was 100 games n there was also a 10 year life membership way back when, but could well be wrong on both thoughts. Premiership life membership is just a newbie that we thought of after spending so many years without getting near one.

I'm happy to persist with Dow as a depth mid.

His brother took a while to develop.
When did PaddyMelon Dow ‘develop’ ?!
Still a spud at da Aints.

I’d probably keep TD too but only bc we have lost depth …..
and lock him in the Gym over Summer.

Regards,
Stan

Pretty obvious to most now we set up for a bigger than normal hit at the 24 national draft last year

Now size of the player exodus higher than expected delivering a very big draft hand

The next questions , all ready being discussed at great length here

How well can we negotiate at the trade table ?

Then how well can we negotiate with pick swaps and bundles ? And that can/will spill into the two draft nights

And as part of both do we concentrate heavily or even solely on this this years draft or spread our good fortune across 24 & 25 ?

IMO - don’t ignore the obvious , if this year appears to be a deep draft , and so many U18 watchers are saying so , go hard
But I’d like to see them grab a couple of future picks , especially if a future pick is the best the other club can offer and with so many picks we can do both

I’d like to see them be very active with pick swapping , very have a rare and special opportunity , a perfect storm if you will - the sheer number of picks , talk of a strong deep draft , it seems like a large number of desired father son and academy kids and the Tassie coming factor and under performing clubs in North &West Coast and Freo & Gold Coast desperate to make finals , I can see some of those offering “overs” because North & WC really have to out if the bottom 4 and Freo & GC have to make finals or heads will roll in those clubs (timing is everything )

And last but not not least , retreads , love the tag

We’ve seen how sitting on the bottom and being uncompetitive is so soul destroying , we felt it this year , are seeing it with North & WC , Carlton took forever to rise up , Bombers , Gokd Coast etc

Astute picking of 1 or 2 retreads could be in order , but they really do have to fill a need and they do have to be the right price

I don’t want us to lose our supporter and sponsor base and become a laughing stock like North , when they got Pittard & Polec the world shook our heads and said wrong on so many levels , so no just does the National draft hav eve to be good , so too does the targeting of existing players , get any part wrong and it will drag us down

We have one great hb in Rioli he is going so a quality hb in this draft.
We have one very good small forward who just happens to be a very decent mid. replace Bolton with a quality mid/fwd.

Our Mid stocks are diabolical and badly wanting for pace and skill. take at least three. Fos, Lalor, maybe Draper early another later.
We cannot rely on Samson Ryan making it, take a ruckman.
We can do with two rated key forwards and another kpd of quality would not go astray. A kpd would allow for us to move on the likes of Young and Miller even Blight early days i know.
A couple of key forwards because we dont have any high end top quality kpf's out side of 32 year old Lynch.

We don't have one medium sized goal kicking fwd. Well Cumberland and he looks gone. We should be looking at our wingers as well.

Needs yep there are plenty so address them. If we get the picks everyone is talking about then we will have an opportunity to target the best rated players top 3 in each area.

We will make mistakes but we must embrace all forms of drafting we do need to target some recycled players it maybe as simple as just bringing in some upgrades on average players.

We don't have one medium sized goal kicking fwd. Well Cumberland and he looks gone. We should be looking at our wingers as well.

Bauer???
Lefau as well. He is taller but plays more like a medium forward

Reactions: 6 users
Bauer???
Lefau as well. He is taller but plays more like a medium forward
Put Bauer in a team with a couple of genuine key forwards and he may well attract a medium defender as a match up. I think he could be very handy in that role, especially because he kicks for goal so well he doesn’t need a lot of opportunity.

When he has played forward so far in his career he has been forced to play as a genuine KPF. I’ve always ideally seen him in the Gunston type role

As a first priority I think we need to target drafting a true KPF, probably two over the next couple of drafts if we can’t get two this year.

Reactions: 8 users
We have one great hb in Rioli he is going so a quality hb in this draft.
We have one very good small forward who just happens to be a very decent mid. replace Bolton with a quality mid/fwd.

Our Mid stocks are diabolical and badly wanting for pace and skill. take at least three. Fos, Lalor, maybe Draper early another later.
We cannot rely on Samson Ryan making it, take a ruckman.
We can do with two rated key forwards and another kpd of quality would not go astray. A kpd would allow for us to move on the likes of Young and Miller even Blight early days i know.
A couple of key forwards because we dont have any high end top quality kpf's out side of 32 year old Lynch.

Needs yep there are plenty so address them. If we get the picks everyone is talking about then we will have an opportunity to target the best rated players top 3 in each area.

We will make mistakes but we must embrace all forms of drafting we do need to target some recycled players it maybe as simple as just bringing in some upgrades on average players.
This is the thing...
Draft picks are very very cheap...much more so than trading for mature players.
They are also of value..ie ..if Draper wanted to go home in 3 years

So NOW is the time to draft every possible need..

Mids ..at least 3
Small forward..at least 1
KPF..at least 2
Utility..at least 1
That is 7 at a minimum.
More is fine...it is a no loss situation...cant get anyone cheaper.
I would go more if possible...this draft rather than next...get games into them asap.

Reactions: 3 users
This is the thing...
Draft picks are very very cheap...much more so than trading for mature players.
They are also of value..ie ..if Draper wanted to go home in 3 years

So NOW is the time to draft every possible need..

Mids ..at least 3
Small forward..at least 1
KPF..at least 2
Utility..at least 1
That is 7 at a minimum.
More is fine...it is a no loss situation...cant get anyone cheaper.
I would go more if possible...this draft rather than next...get games into them asap.
Best talent available at every pick

Reactions: 2 users