2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

I was surprised to read in The Age this morning that James Trezise is out of contract.

Does anyone know if he has an offer in front of him?

Tomcat on SEN saying that Cumbo was told to wait until after the trade period and that he was in contact with the Scum of Wood but they later tapered off.

Reactions: 1 user
Tomcat on SEN saying that Cumbo was told to wait until after the trade period and that he was in contact with the Scum of Wood but they later tapered off.
I reckon he will be lucky to stay on the list. Collingwood may pick him up with a junk pick or rookie selection as he has some history with Fly.

Would be worth a one year deal to see if they could turn him around and give them some back up for Elliot who seems to get injurred fairly often

I reckon he will be lucky to stay on the list. Collingwood may pick him up with a junk pick or rookie selection as he has some history with Fly.

Would be worth a one year deal to see if they could turn him around and give them some back up for Elliot who seems to get injurred fairly often
I don't care if he's picked up by any club BUT this Scum.

He was a mad Collingwood fan growing up and has played some very good games against them (particularly at VFL level) as well as having the connection to Fly and Leppa. Wouldn't be surprised if they had interest

Is recruiting players who have served an apprenticeship at another club the road to success . At the moment finals teams have this many of those types on their list
Hawks 9
Cats 9
Lions 7
Blues 8
Giants 5
Port 8
Swans 5
Bullies 8

Tigers 6 with only 4 Prestia Taranto Hopper & Kosi having moderate impact during he season. Naismith & Lynch basically total write offs.

Is recruiting players who have served an apprenticeship at another club the road to success . At the moment finals teams have this many of those types on their list
Hawks 9
Cats 9
Lions 7
Blues 8
Giants 5
Port 8
Swans 5
Bullies 8

Tigers 6 with only 4 Prestia Taranto Hopper & Kosi having moderate impact during he season. Naismith & Lynch basically total write offs.
Shows that Sydney is not as appealing too

Tigers where are we now ? Rioli Baker Bolton want to go & contracted. Graham enticed to leave. Now if we lose the three of those four for draft picks we will end up like Lol Norf. What is the use of high draft picks for boiler house players. High draft picks to lower clubs want to leave to clubs higher with of a better chance of a Premiership Medallion around the neck asap .Hartley got to play hard ball get. Bolton to Dockers we want Hayden Young. Baker West Cokers Harley. Rioli Suns Lukoksis. Graham no deal will match them. We have good crop of youngsters who will muscle up eg Ralphsmith no showing the benefits of being in the system for three years. As I said first where are we now. Cross your fingers Tiger faithful & hope they make the right chooses for our Tiger Punt road future.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Tigers where are we now ? Rioli Baker Bolton want to go & contracted. Graham enticed to leave. Now if we lose the three of those four for draft picks we will end up like Lol Norf. What is the use of high draft picks for boiler house players. High draft picks to lower clubs want to leave to clubs higher with of a better chance of a Premiership Medallion around the neck asap .Hartley got to play hard ball get. Bolton to Dockers we want Hayden Young. Baker West Cokers Harley. Rioli Suns Lukoksis. Graham no deal will match them. We have good crop of youngsters who will muscle up eg Ralphsmith no showing the benefits of being in the system for three years. As I said first where are we now. Cross your fingers Tiger faithful & hope they make the right chooses for our Tiger Punt road future.
I think there is a slightly more glass half full version of our future than this version of our future. Richmonds new punt rd facility will be epic. MCG sized ground giving us perfect practice arena for the big stage, and state of the art gym and club facilities. Players would want that lifestyle. There is always going to be the big game, big crowd, big stage factor that other clubs dont have.
I also don't look at our team and see no hopers. Yes we came last, but you can see the heart and soul is still there. Players are still playing for each other and celebrating each others small acts on field, something some good clubs dont have which is the difference between them winning a flag or not. There is a spirit at least. I have seen far less hope in a wooden spoon team before than ours.
Yes we could take a hit losing 3 of our best, but when Duz, Riewoldt and Cotchin came in we were nowhere as well. We have that same opportunity but with a stable, financially sound club. I dont think any kids would walk into our club thinking they are going to be on the bottom for 10 years. I think finishing last was exactly what we needed and can reset with good picks. Imagine if we just had the season St. Kilda just had? That would be far more troubling. Yes we need to get some decisions right, but Hartley and Livingstone have proven they can do it in the very recent past.

Reactions: 9 users
We know they *smile* us up the wall, but the Sleepy Hole list management over many years needs a PhD study. It's a masterclass and puts the rest of the league to shame.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
2024 tough season.
But lots of injuries meant game time for juniors.

Concerns me that we haven't had a rising start nomination for the last two seasons.
(Ralphsmith and Cumberland nominated in 2022 season).

My concern is that I see signs in junior players and get optimistic, but our development history says we just have a lot of list cloggers.

It's all about getting high draft picks folks.

Bolton, Baker, Rioli and Graham leaving is not something to be feared but an amazing opportunity to be embraced with Tasmania just around the corner. We need to do the hard yards and not look for some quick rebound sugar hit that leads nowhere. That means no retreads or money-balling unless it's for really late picks (that can all come later when we an elite cadre of kids coming through).

We don't have the excuse that it's a weak draft etc. It is supposedly the strongest and deepest in a long time. If we don't stay the course and go hard now, we never will.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
We know they *smile* us up the wall, but the Sleepy Hole list management over many years needs a PhD study. It's a masterclass and puts the rest of the league to shame.
It really hurts to see their ongoing onfield success, doesn't it? But it's an astute aim to set about gaining an understanding of what they've done so right. Even if it's to establish that the processes for their success are atypical and cannot be duplicated or even loosely followed in principle.

Our recent success would be hard to replicate when you think of all the pieces it took to come together to get there. But it would behoove other clubs to understand it better.

Just a couple of small elements gleaned from what Geelong does right, from what we did right and what others are doing right (did some say Green Bay Packers?) might be what it takes to add to our own culture / recruiting / development in order to establish a sustained period of success.