2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Not sure but been plenty of brothers being at same club being successful. Krakours, Daicos, Scott's, Rocca's, Maddens, Jarmen, Cornes and tones if others but these ones were pretty successful.
The Maddens were an interesting case because Justin had to leave and go to Carlton to really flourish because it was hard to have both in the one side. Special case I guess because they were both rucks.

Reactions: 1 user
We dont have to complete the list in this one draft.
Mids. Tall forwards.

Pick your small forward and hbf in later drafts. Its been shown that a gun small forward can play straightaway in a top team - Cyril R, Dan R, Kosi Pickett, Weightman

Reactions: 2 users
I would be happy if the club left at least 2 spots open.
So we can trial kids during the preseason too
We have the 1st pick
Let other clubs do the same and we can take them if we have too.
Rookie picks are bread and butter. I would expect at least 4 new kids in our list.

Reactions: 1 users
I know in the past when we've not had a lot of picks we've had to do money ball/retreads type picks. This year we may have 6-7 picks in the first round. It's probably a better chance picking up the best kids in the draft. Do the same thing next year with early picks and start to look at free agents from next year.

Reactions: 3 users
Dusty, Naismith, Grimes, and Pickett all retired. Bolton, Baker, and Rioli are on the move plus Graham (likely too). Thats 8.

Macintosh told to wait, but I'd delist him. That'll be 9.

Likely Cumberland and Coulthard "could" get one year as they fit the age profile. Or another delisting from one of these two. have heard cumbo could get one year. At a guess because before we get too cumbo or coulthard there are 9 likely to be gone. Id also get rid of Colina to injury prone.
Don't forget that with Blight n Gray we were carrying two over list capacity. So if 9 are gone, it's still only room for 7 replacements

Whats this huge offer for a richmond player from north in the herald sun anyone got any news on that ?

Not sure but been plenty of brothers being at same club being successful. Krakours, Daicos, Scott's, Rocca's, Maddens, Jarmen, Cornes and tones if others but these ones were pretty successful.
Didn’t mind the Gale brothers either.

We dont have to complete the list in this one draft.
Mids. Tall forwards.

Pick your small forward and hbf in later drafts. Its been shown that a gun small forward can play straightaway in a top team - Cyril R, Dan R, Kosi Pickett, Weightman
and half of them can be picked up in the rookie draft

people forget we would have bought in at least 20 players from other clubs from 2009 to 2016.

The vast majority were f/a, rookies, Psd, or late nd picks.

The most expensive was Prestia pick 6,24 F2. Yarran 19, Caddy 24 56. , and Hampson 28.

When you have quality picks you use them don't wonder about the players available in the preseason.

One thing for sure we will not be having any players from other clubs queuing up to join us next season so we need to use the draft well to fill the holes and hope we can bring them on speedily. Whatever happens, the next season may be painful until we can get up to speed. Going to be interesting

Neither. I imagine we'll be going tall at that point of the draft.
I imagine if we get the hawks pick from wce we will use 12 on a kpf like Harry Armstrong. If we get the picks we all hope for We have an option to go this 1 Draper, 6 Lalor, 9 Travaglia, 12 Armstrong.
Just four picks into the draft we have two high quality mids with a big difference in their games. One KPF and one 187cm def/mid to replace Rioli. You know a bit of quality to replace quality.

Id go Davis at 17 if we have a pick around here. A 190cm forward mid who is a running machine but takes a strong mark and is great on the lead.

At 20 lets get the Bolton replacement if there Hotten a genuine fwd/mid.

Then back to a genuine mid and a genuine tall at 21 and 22.

The thinking with our talls seems to be while we have the numbers we dont have the quality and i would agree with that sentiment.

KPF
Lynch 11
Kossie 52
Fawcett 43
Gray msd
Lefau ssp.

KPD
Gibcus 9
Miller 63
Young rookie
Blight msd

Utility
Balta 25
Bauer msd.

Rucks
Nankervis 35
Ryan 40
OH-B cat B rookie.

If Balta is Paired with Gibcus then we have no urgent rush to get a kpd not unless there is one that we just cant refuse to take where he lands.

The key forward situation is different. As far as quality goes there is Lynch then daylight. our trouble being Lynch is 32 and we really should have had a high quality junior in our system years ago..
I don't think Kossie is the long term answer and considering where the others were taken there is no guarantees any will make it.

Armstrong or the kpf we most rate at 9 or 12 makes sense to me.
We hope Whitlocks or Shananhan gets to our pick 20 ,21 ,22,
Going by Ryan's development then a Ruckman is badly needed as well.

It seems so many players are evenly rated it would be a good draft to get both best available and address list needs with some picks.
There is not a lot of talls so get the best one early and then continye to top up with very good mids that will slide.