2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Exciting times.

I would much rather the club bet big in its recruiting and development than treading water for a decade.
100% agree.

It may fail, but isn't sitting 13-18th for 10 years failing anyway.

People seem to be forgetting we finished 18th and had the worst ever season in club history. We have to do something bold.

Reactions: 7 users
I hope we hold our nerve and don't trade too early just to appease the masses.

The closer to deadline, the more desperate the other clubs will get.

And don't forget that picks can still be exclusively traded after the player trade deadline closes, so we can move up or down the draft order up to and including draft day.
Unless of course the said clubs meet our demands early (I.e. GC cough up picks 6 AND 13 for Rioli).

We are lucky players are wanting out. Means we don't have to make a hard call.

No one can argue we desperately need an influx of top end talent.
Do people really think with Tassie coming in that picks 1, 21, 39, 41 47, 57, 66, 73 our current picks will alone get us access to enough quality kids
To start a rebuild.

Sooner or later we would have been in the position where we have to offer up some of our better players to get that access. Atm they are making the decision for us. Better to do it now rather than in two or three years time when their value has greatly diminished thru age.

Our position with list means we don't have a choice we have to trade out some of our better players. Not that we have a lot anyway.

Rioli and Bolton in particular have made the call we would inevitably have to make at some stage. Far better it is now for us.

Reactions: 6 users
A Sliding door moment. If we landed and played the following kids with 6 picks between 1 and 20. I think we will have 8 picks between 1 and 22.

Vlastuin - Balta - Bauer
Travaglia (12) - Gibcus - Broad

HRS/Trezise - Taranto - Campbell/Banks
Nankervis - Lalor/Smillie (6) - Draper (1)

Davis (17) - Gray - Mansell/Clarke
Armstrong (9) - Lynch - Hotten (20)

Int from - Brown - Smith - McAuliffe - Lefau - Hopper - Prestia - Ross - MRJ..

Two first rounders and two second rounders next year i think all of this is doable with a few names changing obviously.

Its a fun time of year after such a poor season.

Reactions: 3 users
A Sliding door moment. If we landed and played the following kids with 6 picks between 1 and 20. I think we will have 8 picks between 1 and 22.

Vlastuin - Balta - Bauer
Travaglia (12) - Gibcus - Broad

HRS/Trezise - Taranto - Campbell/Banks
Nankervis - Lalor/Smillie (6) - Draper (1)

Davis (17) - Gray - Mansell/Clarke
Armstrong (9) - Lynch - Hotten (20)

Int from - Brown - Smith - McAuliffe - Lefau - Hopper - Prestia - Ross - MRJ..

Two first rounders and two second rounders next year i think all of this is doable with a few names changing obviously.

Its a fun time of year after such a poor season.
I still think we shud b looking at the Whitlock twins with our teen pics if available

This would be an awesome hand at the draft table which us supporters have advocated these first round pics to come to Richmond to get these deals done.

Fox Footy just put this up in the last hour.

IMG_2192.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
This would be an awesome hand at the draft table which us supporters have advocated these first round pics to come to Richmond to get these deals done.

View attachment 24161
We have been talking about this sort of hand all week, so who on here works at Foxfooty? and why did you not credit PRE as your sauce ??

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

View attachment 24161
Hey Foxfooty, where's brissys first for points? What do you think we are, a club happy with only 8 picks #22 or under? 9+ please

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
In a few years time Cornhole will be sprouting off how this is the model for any rebuild.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
don't carlton need lots of later picks? I would trade our 29 for their first, add a mixture of one second round and third

don't carlton need lots of later picks? I would trade our 29 for their first, add a mixture of one second round and third

They won't trade their 1st, will come in well ahead of the Campo twins.

Reactions: 1 users
We have been talking about this sort of hand all week, so who on here works at Foxfooty? and why did you not credit PRE as your sauce ??
Yes we have been all talking about it, but it's good to see that they value our players & the picks we should get just like us so it should be accepted all round that's the expected haul.

Don't forget our later picks for teams like the Lions or Blues for their academy picks. Maybe get a future first for that ?

Maybe pick 29 for a Hollands type that Blues got from suns last season. like a Hobbs type (Not saying, just using as example)

Is getting Essendon’s pick also a viable option because they want the academy player (Kako?) or is it unlikely he will get bid on before their pick?
Probably can’t do Brisbane and Essendon but the bummers pick is the better pick.

So I've just had a bit of a crack at a few trades, just to see what sort of outcome we can look at. I'm sure some here will think I've been light on with some trades our way, but I think they are all realistic. Anything we get above this is additional value IMO.

So we start with 1,21,29,39,41,47,57,66 and 73. I'm not going to include Battle here but would lower the value of later picks a little bit. I will include Graham though, so all the later picks will move back by 1, so it may be a little tricky to follow which pick numbers are which.

Graham - I will include here as a Band 3 (2nd rounder so 22)
Trade 1 - Baker - In 23, F2 and 59. Out Baker,29 and 66, rough points value is 1118 or pick 15
Trade 2 - Rioli - In 6, 20 and Rosas. Out Rioli and F2 (WCE from Baker trade), rough points value (without Rosas) is 1785 or Pick 5
Trade 3 - Bolton - In 9, 17 and Simpson. Out Bolton and 20., Rough points value (without Simpson) us 1582 or Pick 8
Trade 4 - Philips - In Philips and 65. Out 48. Rough points value is 201 or Pick 55
Trade 5 - Brisbane - In 14. Out 24, 40, 58 and 60. Pick premium paid 369 points

This would leave us with losing Graham, Baker, Bolton and Rioli but getting in Rosas, Philips, Simpson as well as Picks 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 21, 22 and have points at the backend to match our NGA kid (who I've forgotten his name for now).

Thats too many coming in for those we know are out, so brings most of our thoughts that we could trade 21 and 22 into 2025 possibly for 1st round picks. Or could we package a couple of them up to give to North and grab pick 2 (lets say 6 and 17) and take the best 2 players in the draft. North would need to be confident that Trainor would still be there, but could work well for them, with another pick at the back end of the 1st round where a bunch of talls are likely to be.

If we did the above trades, I'd delist Cumbo, Coulthard and Dow for sure. I'd probably keep Kmac and Prestia on 1 year contracts to fill some experience void and keep training standards up and keep Blight (1 year), Tresize (1 year) and Smith (2 years) too.

If those were the remaining delists, then I think we would have 8 spots, so would probably need to do that trade for Pick 2, then fill those remaining 5 spots (less the 3 kids traded in), with

Pick 1
Pick 2
Pick 9
Pick 14
NGA Kid - Unless we choose not to draft him and use 1 of the other picks.

We would then likely go into next year with our 1st (Pick 1), 2 additional 1st rounders (from the trades for Picks 21 and 22), our 2nd in 2025, so likely another 4 top 20 picks.

I reckon several of those players on 1 year agreements (Prestia, Kmac, Blight and Tresize), might only be re-signed once the trade period is over.

Reactions: 2 users