2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Dunno if youve seen Shai Bolton play football, but that is under Mt. Everest, under the ocean, under a very large rock.
Maybe not as far off the mark as you think though. They won't be giving up 9 and 10 so it may be a swap of picks or a future pick involved.

Imagine turning up to work next year as a player or coach. Gee I hope we nail this draft or we are *smile* for a very long time.

Reactions: 1 user
Play hard ball and make these clubs pay overs. These 3 players are top 10 players for our club and 5 first rounders should be the net result.

Does this mean Graham is staying? Or just that he hasn’t had his exit interview yet?

Play hard ball and make these clubs pay overs. These 3 players are top 10 players for our club and 5 first rounders should be the net result.

About bloody time we will look after RFC with trades - or at least get the message out there it will not be easy for other clubs. We have played nice previous years - time to unleash our inner Dodoro ( I felt some vomit rise typing that name). Who knows, we may dethrone Essendon as the perennial trade winners.

Reactions: 2 users
Does this mean Graham is staying? Or just that he hasn’t had his exit interview yet?
It just means Graham is a free agent and the RFC is not in a position to negotiate with whichever club he chooses.

He's an unrestricted free agent so it's completely out of our hands. There's no trade options for him, it's up to the AFL compo formula (the Richmond version)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
This is literally the only place I've ever read this.
Look i don't want to get bogged down in guessing games. You think we will get more you maybe right, im being conservative for now.

Just trying to point out what our picks MAY look like and placing a kid alongside. We all hope for more but don't always get what we hope for.
If we get better picks then the following will be even better.

I reckon tiger fans would be over the moon if we managed to get say one of Lalor or Smillie we either take one of them at pick one or hope one is there at pick 6.

A scenario of say ,and im changing my mind here at who we take at 1, of Draper imo the best mid in the draft., Lalor, Armstrong, Travaglia, Davis, Hotton, Hynes and Jack Whitlock
and Toce will be celebrated.
The real point is we have an opportunity to do something along these lines imo.

We get two key forwards. three mids. one 190cm utility who can play midfield and forward. One 187cm hb replacing Rioli and one small fwd mid replacing Bolton.. All with quality picks.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
But in reality a contract is a contract. Clubs still have the power to say no, bad luck you signed the contract now honor it.

It's just the last couple of years when a player under contract has asked for a trade the club has allowed it.
The problem is clubs don't really want players who don't want to be there or feel being held against their will. We'll likely do the deal even if it's not for as much as we hope. Wait & see..

With this mass exodus, it looks like rats deserting a sinking ship springing to mind right now but it does give us the chance to grab new talent from the draft which is something we have desperately needed for quite sometime. Yze, with help from a revised coaching team and S & C, will have the chance to mould us into a real post Dimma era instead of tinkering with the old era and players. Can't wait to see us emerge stronger even if it does take a couple of seasons.

Reactions: 5 users
Just a few weeks ago, there were at least 13 clubs with every reason to believe they are in a premiership window. This breeds over confidence, impatience, desperation for success. Some will think "It's now or never. What must we do to take the next step?"

At season's end, many of these clubs will be looking for the ‘magic bullet’. Demand will be huge. But supply will be limited. And when demand exceeds supply, you get scarcity, creating a sellers' market. Which means some buyers will have to pay 'overs' to get what they want.

With Bolton, Rioli and Baker wanting out, Richmond is now in an extremely strong position to help a few other clubs improve their 2025 chances at a flag, while vastly improving our own 2030 chances. This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity.

Reactions: 7 users
With this mass exodus, it looks like rats deserting a sinking ship springing to mind right now but it does give us the chance to grab new talent from the draft which is something we have desperately needed for quite sometime. Yze, with help from a revised coaching team and S & C, will have the chance to mould us into a real post Dimma era instead of tinkering with the old era and players. Can't wait to see us emerge stronger even if it does take a couple of seasons.
Spot on UK. Need to clean out the Dimma stains that were patched up in the last 4 seasons.

Long term strategic planning or simply dealing the best we can with the fallout from what has been a horrible year. Dunno. But what we are doing I don’t think has ever been tried before.

Long term strategic planning or simply dealing the best we can with the fallout from what has been a horrible year. Dunno. But what we are doing I don’t think has ever been tried before.
Arent we following how the Dawks rebuilt their team?

Reactions: 1 users