2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

We must nail our picks or we are basically essendon who have stuffed every pick up in the last 5 years except for nic martin and nate caddy

Reactions: 1 user
Finally I found the actual agreement. 6.3 is clause. Says if you don’t pay 95% the players at the club work out how they get the difference.
Obviously not quite how I thought it worked. So according to that paragraph. If a club spends short of the 95% minimum, they hand the shortfall value over to the AFL who then notify the AFLPA and they work out with the players as to how the players share the shortfall.

Any amounts not spent between the 95% and 100% of cap requirement can be collectively banked for up to 4 years and then must be used as an overspend or it's forfeited plus the overspend cannot exceed 105% of cap maximum in any given year.
pay 95% cap consecutively in 25 / 26 / 27 / 28 means you get to spend 105% cap in 29 / 30 / 31 / 32 but don't miss pay the overs in any one year or ya lose the difference that year and you certainly can't bulk up a massive overspend in any year.
So a minimum 95% cap spend this year would put almost $800k onto a future cap spend. Save three or four years worth of minimums and there's a fair bit of wriggle room available.

All this talk of we are going to demand this and that.

We need access to quality kids and a lot of them. We only have this year and next before the drafts become compromised.

It is not all a one way street.

Of all the clubs we are in the biggest need of access to kids. Simply because other clubs are well into rebuild

And that is the problem isn’t it. We are losing proven players at the peak of their careers and in return we are getting a bunch of question marks!
Isn't that the perfect scenario for a new coach though. Get his own group of young question marks and mould them into the team of premium elite champions that he wants them to be. Rather than faffing around with some other blokes bowl full of manky old left overs n scraps.

If we lose Baker Rioli along with our retirees we lose our complete boiler house so then we will end up like LOL Norf. Not much use trading them out with the draft replacements. Got to replace them with players of their quality who have six years plus eft in them. If Dockers Eagles tell want them quality players in exchange eg Tracy Young Harley.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
The problem is clubs don't really want players who don't want to be there or feel being held against their will. We'll likely do the deal even if it's not for as much as we hope. Wait & see..
I hope we hold our nerve and don't trade too early just to appease the masses.

The closer to deadline, the more desperate the other clubs will get.

And don't forget that picks can still be exclusively traded after the player trade deadline closes, so we can move up or down the draft order up to and including draft day.

The problem is clubs don't really want players who don't want to be there or feel being held against their will. We'll likely do the deal even if it's not for as much as we hope. Wait & see..
Role Playing Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG
Richmond during trade period.

Isn't that the perfect scenario for a new coach though. Get his own group of young question marks and mould them into the team of premium elite champions that he wants them to be. Rather than faffing around with some other blokes bowl full of manky old left overs n scraps.
Draft picks are speculative by their very nature and as everybody knows even high-end draft picks do not always produce champions. Players like Martin are and always will be the exception.

I am hoping that the Tigers do not just rely on draft picks for young, entering the AFL for the first time players. I am hoping they will bring to Punt Road some ready-made, BIG BODIED proven footballers from other clubs that will have an immediate impact.

Providing a more workable list for the coach.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Hawks punted veterans. We are punting stars in their prime.

yes.

this is both sad and exhilarating.

its a list demolition, sale of the materials,

and pouring new foundations with the capital raised

in one year.

Its very, very, bold.

I wonder if this was Yze's interview powerpoint?

I like it now we are doing it.

we aint gonna languish, wondering.

what does our starting 22 look like 2026?

Vlastuin Gibcus Broad

Smith Balta Tom Brown

Bo Allen Sam Lalor Toby Travaglia

Seth Campbell Tom Simms Joe Berry

MRJ Tom Lynch Jacob Bauer

Foll: Samson Ryan, Tim Tarranto, jagga smith

Int: Jacob Hopper, Rhyan Mansell, J Short, 2025 Pick 1

Em: Kane Mcaullife, Mykelti, 2025 pick 6

its gonna be a pretty exciting ride I reckon.

we are all success junkies after the Dynasty,

and I feel like this is gonna be a pretty good methadone program,

before a full relapse in 5 years

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
yes.

this is both sad and exhilarating.

its a list demolition, sale of the materials,

and pouring new foundations with the capital raised

in one year.

Its very, very, bold.

I wonder if this was Yze's interview powerpoint?

I like it now we are doing it.

we aint gonna languish, wondering.

what does our starting 22 look like 2026?

Vlastuin Gibcus Broad

Smith Balta Tom Brown

Bo Allen Sam Lalor Toby Travaglia

Seth Campbell Tom Simms Joe Berry

MRJ Tom Lynch Jacob Bauer

Foll: Samson Ryan, Tim Tarranto, jagga smith

Int: Jacob Hopper, Rhyan Mansell, J Short, 2025 Pick 1

Em: Kane Mcaullife, Mykelti, 2025 pick 6

its gonna be a pretty exciting ride I reckon.

we are all success junkies after the Dynasty,

and I feel like this is gonna be a pretty good methadone program,

before a full relapse in 5 years
Understand the level of excitement but I maintain a sense of uneasiness. High risk, high reward approach, yes!

But in the process are we also tearing to shreds the cultural fabric of the club that helped pave the way for our dynasty? Dunno eZ rider. Time will tell.

And that is the problem isn’t it. We are losing proven players at the peak of their careers and in return we are getting a bunch of question marks!
Those proven players are not going to take us back to the promised land so I would much rather get the question marks into the club ASAP.

Exciting times.

I would much rather the club bet big in its recruiting and development than treading water for a decade.

Reactions: 6 users
The ONE thing I am sure about this trade period is that the topic of a cap on the number of first-rounders a club can have (tassie excluded) will be raised.

First, a Chris Scott comment.

Then, an Eddie McGuire rant. A “measured” Whateley editorial.

Geelong and Collingwood (with their media mouthpieces) are bound to pipe up first.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
The ONE thing I am sure about this trade period is that the topic of a cap on the number of first-rounders a club can have (tassie excluded) will be raised.

First, a Chris Scott comment.

Then, an Eddie McGuire rant. A “measured” Whateley editorial.

Geelong and Collingwood (with their media mouthpieces) are bound to pipe up first.
we are Richmond, we are built to make rules change.
Anything we do a rule change is right around the corner.

• Sad