2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

A few fringe players that are being underutilised by their teams are out there for plucking. We have picks and we have salary cap space. Think of Houli and Grigg.
Players that have popped up to me without too much looking so far:
Riley Garcia Bulldogs. Out of contract. Not getting a run in their midfield.
Michito Owens Saints. Out of contract 2025. Big bodied midfielder being played as a forward.
Hugo Garcia Saints. Out of contract 2025 but a gun in the making. Throw some $$ at him.
I’m sure there are many others.

Reactions: 6 users
News report the other day said Bakes interview was happening today, no mention of Fridge, but he's a free agent so gets to do what he wants when he wants I guess. Sign with us or sign with Wet Coke n wait until the AFL stirs it's cauldron n scoops out some *smile* for RFC.
Baker has officially requested a trade

Reactions: 1 user
A few fringe players that are being underutilised by their teams are out there for plucking. We have picks and we have salary cap space. Think of Houli and Grigg.
Michito Owens Saints. Out of contract 2025. Big bodied midfielder being played as a forward.
Hugo Garcia Saints. Out of contract 2025 but a gun in the making. Throw some $$ at him.
Huge yes to Michito Owens!! He has the Ivan Maric Tiger spirit about him

Hugo Garcia looks the goods. A Toce pick as well as I understand.

Reactions: 2 users
Chris Toce must be the luckiest person on the planet.

He will likely have way too many good picks to actually use, will have 8-12 empty list spots, and therefore also a lot of currency to trade players in.

Stephen Bradbury comes to mind.

I think he will trade some of our picks into next year.

Reactions: 3 users
Ok , it is what it is and we need to deal with what we have now. No looking back we are rebuilding the team.

I don’t know how many picks we will have but it is going to be 7-8 in the first 25-30.

First job is to maximise the return on baker, Rioli and Bolton.
Second job is to finalise anyone else to be delisted, Cumberland and Coulthard are probably gone as well. McIntosh is a decision.
Maybe we should look at getting another early pick in 2025, that’s a decision to be made.
I’d also like to see us target a 21-23 year old not getting a game with a top team
Then we go and get some of the best kids in the land, tell them we are building a team around them.
Get one or two of the best development coaches we can find.
We buckle up because we will get belted a number of times next year but we will grow. Supporters have to support, look for the good signs and celebrate them.

Reactions: 1 users
Lets say we get a perfect storm we could get say 8 picks inside 25.

I think we will use at least 8 nd picks this draft

Bolton 9,17.
Rioli 6,20
Baker 12 from wce the pick they get for Barass. We will probably have to throw a pick in here no bother we have tons of gooduns.
Graham pick 22 band 3 compo hoping like mad.

We also have options to bundle picks for picks. Wont go into that.

The above leaves us 1, 6, 9, 12, 17, 20, 21, 22.

1/ Smillie or Lalor. There are a lot of similar type 180 - 182cm tall mids in the top 10 but not a lot of quality big mids like these two.
Pretty sure Draper, Smith, Reid, O'sullivan type will get to pick 6. We could even bid on Ashcroft just to *smile* Brisbane off. Do like the look of Draper and would be tempted to take him at 1.

6/ Well one of those mids mentioned that remain.

9/ Armstrong i like the look of this kid. There is our kpf for the future. He may go a bit later but we need a good kpf to develop.

12/ Best mid remaining reid maybe. or lets say a good defender and take Travaglia To replace Rioli or Hotton to replace Bolton though i think Hotton may get to 20.

17/ Hamish Davis utility good wa lad.

Even from here the options will be endless. We can just go best available and end up with a very good haul of kids.

20/ Hotton or Kako there is our Bolton replacement id say.

21/ Cooper Hynes another big raging bull mid.

22/ Jack Whilock or JOBE Shanahan two well rated kpf's

Last edited:
Not certain of the cap minimum now, was based on 95% for years but I think there was an adjustment made a couple of years ago where you can pay under the cap for a couple of years and bank the underpayment to allow a bit of extra future cap space to poach free agents n player trades with additional cap space in hand.
Tried to find it.

I found this and the interesting thing was the blues had a player suspended for 99 games for match fixing / gambling corruption

Finally I found the actual agreement. 6.3 is clause. Says if you don’t pay 95% the players at the club work out how they get the difference.

Exit Rioli baker Bolton graham plus the retired players.

If we replace all these players with 18 year old junior talent, I reckon there will be a lot more early picks in years to come.

We need a couple of mature players: a good bull MID for clearances AND a quality CHF. Probably a hard running rover too.

This is all I want to hear from the club. If it doesn't suit us, then they stay.

“We will listen to what the clubs have to offer and determine whether or not we believe it is a viable trade and in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club.”

Hate a precedent of players walking out with multiple years remaining on their contracts.

Reactions: 9 users
Play hard ball and make these clubs pay overs. These 3 players are top 10 players for our club and 5 first rounders should be the net result.

Lets say we get a perfect storm we could get say 8 picks inside 25.

I think we will use at least 8 nd picks this draft

Bolton 9,17.
Rioli 6,20
Baker 12 from wce the pick they get for Barass. We will probably have to throw a pick in here no bother we have tons of gooduns.
Graham pick 22 band 3 compo hoping like mad.

We also have options to bundle picks for picks. Wont go into that.

The above leaves us 1, 6, 9, 12, 17, 20, 21, 22.

1/ Smillie or Lalor there are a lot of similar type 180 - 182cm tall mids in the top 10 but not a lot of quality big mids.
Pretty sure Draper, Smith, Reid, O'sullivan type will get to pick 6. We could even bid on Ashcroft just to *smile* Brisbane off. Do like the look of Draper and would be tempted to take him at 1.

6/ Well one of those mids mentioned that remain.

9/ Armstrong i like the look of this kid. There is our kpf for the future. He may go a bit later but we need a good kpf to develop.

12/ Best mid remaining reid maybe. or lets say a good defender and take Travaglia To replace Rioli or Hotton to replace Bolton though i think Hotton may get to 20.

17/ Hamish Davis utility good wa lad.

Even from here the options will be endless. We can just go best available and end up with a very good haul of kids.
Lalor height is listed as 187cm

This is all I want to hear from the club. If it doesn't suit us, then they stay.

“We will listen to what the clubs have to offer and determine whether or not we believe it is a viable trade and in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club.”

Hate a precedent of players walking out with multiple years remaining on their contracts.
Clubs will run screaming from long term contracts after this year nothing surer.

Buckle Up for a posssible Long Road People..

Tigers lose in the media regardless which way they go.

Yze might need a miracle to survive this rebuild if it doesnt track positively.

He got 12 months grace this year, but the media will be all over the RFC next year going forward and we know how they love to death ride clubs and coaches for content.

Yep this is the culmination of players having too much of the whip hand. Clubs need more control over player movement.
But in reality a contract is a contract. Clubs still have the power to say no, bad luck you signed the contract now honor it.

It's just the last couple of years when a player under contract has asked for a trade the club has allowed it.

With the way we have handled things such as not claiming they are required etc etc I don't think the club is to disappointed to be honest.

One way to even things back up again then is to be like the NBA & allow clubs to just trade a player to whoever & whenever they want without the players consent.