2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

I'd be cutting Blight as well. Too slow by foot and mind to make it in the AFL. Will be one of those too good for VFL but just not up to the level in AFL. We already have a plethora of those so no need to add more. Give another state player a crack. Gray on the other hand has some very handy traits to make it at AFL level
Tend to agree. Even given where we're at, only room for one slow stopgap kpp, and kosi is it

Reactions: 1 users
Well. If Daniel to Suns trade gets done quickly and satisfactory, and it's true Shai is prepared to stay if we can't do a deal, that would put us in a very good position in negotiations.

Reactions: 2 users
Well. If Daniel to Suns trade gets done quickly and satisfactory, and it's true Shai is prepared to stay if we can't do a deal, that would put us in a very good position in negotiations.
Too many big trades potentially happening, waiting for the marbles to drop, posturing, I envisage a torturous and agonizing trade period with a couple of our deals going down to the wire.

Still 7 weeks until we know what our bounty will be.

Trade period : 7–16 October 2024

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Stuff GC and poor form Dimma
Pay up fuktards
Going to take more than pick 6, will need another either 13 or 20 but I think it will be 6 and 20 at the end.

Reactions: 1 user
Too many big trades potentially happening, waiting for the marbles to drop, posturing, I envisage a torturous and agonizing trade period with a couple of our deals going down to the wire.

Still 7 weeks until we know what our bounty will be.

Trade period : 7–16 October 2024
7 weeks! My adrenal reserves will be absolutely shot by then.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
fax GIF
It’s gonna be a busy off season for Blair and Co.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
So Danny and Shai want out. Still no confirmation on Bakes and Fridge. Maybe they haven't had their exit interviews yet.

Anyway let's run with with the players with character like Broady who want to stick around and extract the maximum return
for those wanting out.

Well pay up shockers and we will deal.

View attachment 24126
That’s all well and good. But be prepared to pay a *smile* premium.
I hope a lot of members email the club membership department to ensure any trading of DRioli and/ or Bolton is done to maximise the return to the club.
No more playing “Mr nice guy tickle my tummy and I’ll roll over”
Hardball! Whatever the media expectations are..double it.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Rioli wants out with trade for Suns number 6 in the draft. Suns have to joking to want that & if Tigers take that we are doomed. Ya do not give away star status guys who have ex amount of playing years in their legs for peanut draft picks. What worries me is it 2024 The Year Of The Woke.

Clear 3 million! What are we going to do with all that extra money?
We can are going for kids and we are not linked to any out of contract players.L

What you on about?

Have never heavily (or at all?) bought into the should we trade Baker/Bolton debate.
afl Media on mass are going to look pretty stupid if baker and graham don’t go.
Dusty
Grimes
Pickett
Naismith
Rioli
Bolton
Baker
Graham
Coulthard
Cumberland
Dow

I'd love KMAC to retire and Short to be traded , but won't happen
please add part B
I am interested to see who replaces these players

Salary cap.
Now the King Duz is gone (1.2m free)
Bolton, Rioli, Baker, Graham (2.8)
End of 25 sees Lynch and Prestia walk a lap and wave at the G. (1.5+800)
Over 6m in the cap.

Taranto & Hopper have 5 more years, Flossy a few. They get paid early. Balta gets a contract.
Say that uses up 2m.

What can we do?
What?
We've just drafted 4 kids in the top 10 and another 4 before pick 25.
We now have top talent. FOS, Lalor, Langford, Reid. Its a future midfield.
But theyre not ready for high contracts.
Lets supercharge that midfield.
Harley Reid.
8 years.
2m for the first 4 years.
1m for the second 4.
1m sign on bonus.

Not this year. After next year when we have pick 1 and 20 again.
2 more gun kids.
Then we trade for a 22yo Reid.
Swap 3 x f1 and 3 x f2.
Whatevs we dont need kids anymore. We finish 10th, 4th and 1st in those years, the start of the next dynasty

No minimum is 95%.

Big problem for us if we trade high end out. Will need to pay that wage to not destroy the future.
Not certain of the cap minimum now, was based on 95% for years but I think there was an adjustment made a couple of years ago where you can pay under the cap for a couple of years and bank the underpayment to allow a bit of extra future cap space to poach free agents n player trades with additional cap space in hand.

So Danny and Shai want out. Still no confirmation on Bakes and Fridge. Maybe they haven't had their exit interviews yet.

Anyway let's run with with the players with character like Broady who want to stick around and extract the maximum return
for those wanting out.
News report the other day said Bakes interview was happening today, no mention of Fridge, but he's a free agent so gets to do what he wants when he wants I guess. Sign with us or sign with Wet Coke n wait until the AFL stirs it's cauldron n scoops out some *smile* for RFC.

What worries me is it 2024 The Year Of The Woke.
Yep. 2024 we finally Woke up n realised our wheels are old, skanky n worn out, in need of a major rebuild and to have any chance of competing again in the reasonable future, we have to sell a couple of fancy shiny accessories to buy a new motor, transmission n turbo.