2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

The reality of the diabolical shape of their list is hitting home.
They have the Daicos brothers which papers over the cracks. Josh is a very good player but Nick is just about the best 20 year old I have ever seen. ( sticks in the throat to write that)
Take them out and they aren't much better off than we are

Reactions: 6 users
If the rumours are true, it will be very interesting to see how the Bolton/ Rioli trade requests play out. From a negotiation, outcome POV there are a few possibilities:

1) Both go, good return for both.
2) both go, good return for one, poor return for other.
3) Both go, poor return for both.
4) DR goes, good return
5) DR goes, poor return
6) SB goes, good return
7) SB goes, poor return
8) Both stay. (I'm prepared to eliminate this possibility, but stranger things have happened)

The above scenarios in turn depend on critical factors:

• What picks we get for other trades/ FAs, eg Baker, Graham, possibly another.
  • If they want to go and how desperately.
  • Timing, if one deal gets done quickly, that could mean we lose motivation to trade the other, putting us in an even stronger position.

Will be a very interesting watch. I think they'll both go. If it was up to me I'd keep one or both, depending on offers and other trades, but its not so it becomes about getting the best deal. I think scenarios 1,2,4 and 6 are most likely.

As many others have said, the wishful thinking and hate in the media about Shai's value has been a joke. One of the best players in the comp until the possibility of the Tiges getting a good return emerges, then suddenly its 'meh a late first and a second', apparently based on a few average games at the end of a spoon winning season. It'd be great if these pricks were held to account ocassionally.

Last edited:
Terrible idea. Go get me a State league mid that ban strengthens the VFL side and able to play spot duty in the AFL with the potential to become a full-timer.

We know what Dow is, there is no improvement left. Go get another ticket in the lotto.
Didnt say it was a good idea Scoop. Just what I think might happen.

I agree with getting a better prospect in the VFL.

Reactions: 1 users
We might have to cut more. We'll be after Brisbane's first for our late picks but they'll need us to take those picks to the draft for them then exchange them on the night.

Collina doesn't count.

Dusty
Grimes
Pickett
Naismith
Rioli
Bolton
Baker
Graham
Coulthard
Cumberland
Dow
Blight

That's 12 off, gives us 10 spots. I could even see a situation where the uncontracted KMac is delisted with the promise we'll redraft him. Pay him 2 x 200 to push the kids in time trials instead of 1 x 300.

Reactions: 1 users
We might have to cut more. We'll be after Brisbane's first for our late picks but they'll need us to take those picks to the draft for them then exchange them on the night.

Collina doesn't count.

Dusty
Grimes
Pickett
Naismith
Rioli
Bolton
Baker
Graham
Coulthard
Cumberland
Dow
Blight

That's 12 off, gives us 10 spots. I could even see a situation where the uncontracted KMac is delisted with the promise we'll redraft him. Pay him 2 x 200 to push the kids in time trials instead of 1 x 300.
Blight won't go spook

Dusty
Grimes
Pickett
Naismith
Rioli
Bolton
Baker
Graham
Coulthard
Cumberland
Dow

I'd love KMAC to retire and Short to be traded , but won't happen

I'd be cutting Blight as well. Too slow by foot and mind to make it in the AFL. Will be one of those too good for VFL but just not up to the level in AFL. We already have a plethora of those so no need to add more. Give another state player a crack. Gray on the other hand has some very handy traits to make it at AFL level