2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Kmac needs to go wouldn't offer a contract.
Short his on the table utter liable.

Reactions: 1 user
ΙI Still think we dont know full Marlion story, we must be worrried of the trial , he could have easily gone around mext year, this one pisses me off.
He made the decision to retire not club. If what you read is true the case will be tossed out.

Lynch apprantly isn't impressed with our post injury process.
If we trade him because we want to clear the 1.5mil off the books.
This will be 1982 all over again

***no wonder the philosopher was chirping about a new full forward

Kmac needs to go wouldn't offer a contract.
Short his on the table utter liable.

I think both Prestia and Kmac will be offered 1 year contracts for next year. Prestia as development for the kids, plus he'll be a rotation when the younger kids need a rest (and they will), and Kmac is actually the perfect sub for next year, can pretty much put in a stint in any position that we need him to.

Reactions: 8 users
All I know is that if the club doesn't recruit at least one more capable ruckman for the next few years we are clueless. Nank is not the answer moving forward and reality is we need to bring in a 25-26 year old ruckman as well as draft a young bloke in to start developing. NO....Ryan is not that person

Reactions: 1 users
I think both Prestia and Kmac will be offered 1 year contracts for next year. Prestia as development for the kids, plus he'll be a rotation when the younger kids need a rest (and they will), and Kmac is actually the perfect sub for next year, can pretty much put in a stint in any position that we need him to.
Prestia 100%

...mentioned on another thread. but can we have a crack at walking out of contract Saint Cooper Sharman to the Tigers- Bachar style- with our first selection in the pre-season draft?

Reactions: 1 users
I’d rather have had Pickett for the sub role. McIntosh goes up and down on the one spot these days.

Having Ryan for another three years and Koschitzke for another two years is a waste. A speculative extension in the vain hope Ryan can ever develop while the Kosi recruitment looks like a horrendous error - he might have the physique of a footballer, but can’t play. In addition to hoping Fawcett and Gray can simply be tall forward options, we must recruit at least two tall key forwards. Lynch won’t play more than 12 games next year - no confidence in his body.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Having Ryan for another three years and Koschitzke for another two years is a waste. A speculative extension in the vain hope Ryan can ever develop while the Kosi recruitment looks like a horrendous error - he might have the physique of a footballer, but can’t play. In addition to hoping Fawcett and Gray can simply be tall forward options, we must recruit at least two tall key forwards. Lynch won’t play more than 12 games next year - no confidence in his body.
I keep saying. Get the Whitlick twins.... Couple of years to devolope. Imagine.... brother competing for bragging rights. I want them.

Reactions: 2 users
It is going to be an interesting few weeks with list changes, possible more assistant coach changes and we may even see some tinkering in the S & C team as Yze wasn't exactly happy with them. Whatever we do, it needs to be well thought out and not based on any sentiment

Reactions: 4 users
We need onfield leaders and mentors for the young kids.
And wise heads in games and across seasons.
Prestia will be great in this, except for training and prep standards. Understandably he has a restricted prep.
On uhe other hand Kmac, Ross, Hugo and young Campbell can set the standard on the track and gym.

Reactions: 3 users
Prestia will be great in this, except for training and prep standards. Understandably he has a restricted prep.
Prestia been doing full training for the past 4 weeks at least. His workrate at training is very high. Sets an example.

Reactions: 8 users
Prestia is still our best transition mid which says alot about the state of our list.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Prestia is still our best transition mid which says alot about the state of our list.
Jagger Smith, Sam Lalor or FOS bolted on to Prestia is invaluable.

If you said to me you can have another Dion Prestia with pick one, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 7 users
I know there is speculation about Dan going to the Suns, but unless I missed it, I haven't heard he or his manager say that he wants to be traded....."Premiership stars Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli have both made clear they would like to move to rival sides."

"Richmond would clear well over $3 million of cap space leading into next season – with more to come after Tom Lynch’s deal expires next year – as the club ponders a total list overhaul in coming weeks.
A magical era came to an end on Saturday, with Dustin Martin, Marlion Pickett and Dylan Grimes retiring and vice-captain Liam Baker almost certainly playing his last game for the club.

Premiership stars Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli have both made clear they would like to move to rival sides, while Jack Graham has a four-year free agency offer from West Coast.

Richmond would hope to secure a first-round selection between 13-18 for Baker, possibly after the Eagles secure the Hawks’ first-round pick for Tom Barrass.

Gold Coast would offer two late first-rounders for Rioli but also has its own No.7 draft pick, which Richmond would ask for if they did agree to releasing the hard-charging defender from his contract.

Fremantle has picks nine and 10, so at a minimum Richmond would have three top 10 picks and five overall first-round selections.

But the club would also assemble a massive war chest for future trades and free agency acquisitions given the salary obligations it has in the next 18 months.

Bolton is due as much as $1.2 million next year, Baker would be paid as much as $800,000 on a new deal, and Rioli is also on a lucrative deal.

Martin’s expiring deal is worth $1.3 million and it was reported when Lynch signed a seven-year $6.5 million contract the last year of a back-ended deal was worth up to $1.5 million.

Richmond has salary obligations to Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper, Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short and is keen to sign a long-term deal with Noah Balta, who is out of contract next year.

But if Richmond does eventually accept that Bolton and Rioli can be traded the salary cap room it would create will be immense.

They could bank that room so when they are ready to bounce back up the ladder they could make targeted acquisitions in the same manner of Hawthorn, keen on Barrass, St Kilda’s Josh Battle and GWS defender Harry Perryman.

Melbourne, Geelong and Collingwood continue to chase a key forward, with the Herald Sun reporting last month the Demons and Cats were chasing West Coast’s Jake Waterman.

But if Richmond even considered a trade for Lynch, who turns 32 in October, the club’s forward line would be bereft in 2025.

Lynch has played only eight games in the past two years given injuries and with his salary cap obligations it would seem extremely unlikely a club in premiership mode could land him.

Richmond would be crazy to even consider a deal unless it was for an extremely high pick and clubs in contention would struggle to justify handing over a high pick for a player with his injury history.

But as the trade period progresses he is one of the few star forwards who clubs might believe they can drag out of a rival club in rebuild mode.

The Tigers had only two players kick more than 20 goals this year _ Bolton and Rhyan Mansell, with Mykelti Lefau kicking 14 goals but recovering from an ACL tear.

Coach Adem Yze said after Saturday’s loss to Gold Coast confirmed the club had the No.1 overall pick that the exit interviews this week would prove telling.

But he has previously stated the club will hold Rioli and Bolton to their contracts.

“The next few days are going to be really important,” he said.

“We’re not going to rush them into that decision other than the fact that they know they’ve got a contract in place and we love them as players.”

Reactions: 2 users
Normally would agree with you Wait Awhile.

Firstly there is no way Marlion walks away from a $350-$400K contract. Which is below average in the AFL.

No-one does these days except the elite who have set themselves up. It's not like he has other opportunities like the media or a corporate career to go to. Nor has he had a long career to set himself up.

It's clear he wasn't offered a deal.

Secondly, Bakes, Graham, Dan and Shai are all odds-on to leave. Add a couple inevitable injuries it doesn't leave a lot of experience.

We don't want to be Melbourne under Neeld and have a dearth of leaders, lose our way and be bottom 4 for a decade. Not all players need to be in our next premiership team. It's the most false argument to keep anyone - ever.

It's just not game day we need people like K-Mac either. It's the grind from November to March. K-Mac is a charismatic, well-loved, fantastic athlete who will help provide the positive environment our new cubs need.

Yeah he's very lucky due to the circumstances of the exodus, but reckon the above's why Blair, Livo and Adem will give him another year.
Lol you said there’s no way we’d trade Bolton for similar reasons, I guess you need to happy with KMac

For the record I do think you need a few senior heads on the list, but not to the conservative degree some were claiming earlier this season .

You and others were carrying on like the sky would fall if we traded Bolton and Baker.

It was wrong then and is wrong now.

I reckon Prestia and McIntosh will get gigs next season (and obviously Lynch too) but I feel it’s short sighted. Yes, they’ll provide some experience but we’ll still have : Short, Hopper, Taranto, Ross, Vlaustin, Broad, Balta, Nank. I’d prefer to get in some mature aged state leaguers who at least could play for more than one season. We just saw Marlion, drafted at 27, play nearly 100 games. There’s others out there.