2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Flashbacks to that draft, nightmares almost.
x2
Family Guy Reaction GIF

Reactions: 1 users
I just watched Yze's presser and his body language did seem as though he does expect Baker, Bolton and DRioli to move on after this week as well a a number of uncontracted players so it looks like we are going to have a lot of new faces in our rebuild next season

If there is a max exodus surely we will want to take take a couple of R1 picks into 25 draft

Sorry for asking this again, but can someone put up a list of our current rookies?
TIA
202451JacobBlight
202439Mate'Colina
202426MatthewCoulthard
202452CampbellGray
202436JamesTrezise
202543JacobBauer
202547OliverHayes- Brown
202545TylarYoung
202644SethCampbell
202642MykeltiLefau

I just watched Yze's presser and his body language did seem as though he does expect Baker, Bolton and DRioli to move on after this week as well a a number of uncontracted players so it looks like we are going to have a lot of new faces in our rebuild next season
Yze did say he was expecting to make an impact. Don’t think he was referring to driving our players out

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Ret : Dustin Dyl Marls Naismith (was he main list?)
Leaving: Shai Bakes Sos Fridge

Have I forgotten anyone?

8. So we have to replace 8? So far.
Gray and Blight offered spots.

Let's cut a couple.
Coulthard Cumba.

Thats a massive number to bring in through the draft under any circumstances.

I reckon we will recruit 1 or 2.
For *smile* and gigs let's say

Hobbs and.... Byrne-Jones.

That feels about right to me in one go but who freakin knows.
I have no idea about who's a rookie or not.

And a PSD to recruit, one of those players from the bombers or that north guy are starting to look good.

We could be attractive for a young player at another team who hasn't got a chance to play much yet because we would have plenty of opportunities to make your mark on a new team like we are offering, that's if they are a Richmond Man type and not a mercenary like stringer.

a quick look at teams over the last few years shows most team add 4-6 players via drafts each off season- the most i saw was 8.
Obviously teams also trade and sign free agents, but very rarely do teams draft more than 8.

Unless we are looking to trade some players in going to the draft with 9 spots available is plenty.
true but most teams dont have multiple high draft picks to replace them.
I agree with you that in normal times clubs have an upper level turnover of 7.
Partly stability (its a big % of the list) but also the 8th 9th 10th delistings are replaced by picks 81, 82 and 83.
The last club to cut deep was North and thats set them back.
Normal times.

But if we have 10 players finishing up, its because we've traded in picks under 30.
We'll take Gray and Blight, possibly Locckwood late.
So with 4 retirees, 3-4 traded out and 2-3 cut we could turnover 10 and reset the list

Fwiw I'd like The Prince to stay.
I'd cut Cumberland Coulthard and Dow.
But I expect we keep Dow.
I think we keep Kmac, but he'll be the last contract signed

Reactions: 2 users
What exactly did King say about Kamdyn please?
Leigh goes through our senior players we will have when bolton and co leave naming all the ones that are left saying we still have plenty of experience and gets to mcintosh. Kingy replies "Need to hang onto mcintosh" with a smirk on his face then doubles down says "cant afford to loose kamdyn" still smirking taking the *smile* out of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I hope not and i know that comment alone will get peoples backs up but imo Kamdyn just is not needed any more has become superfluos to needs and to fair he is not playing at a high standard most games.
On experience we still have plenty of experienced players left on the list.
The big concern is he stays and he takes games away from younger players. we have our fair share who we can play wing h/b. Thats just where we are at.

The vibe i got from Pickett retireing was all him deciding it was time. Not sure Marlion got a tap on the shoulder at all.

Normally would agree with you Wait Awhile.

Firstly there is no way Marlion walks away from a $350-$400K contract. Which is below average in the AFL.

No-one does these days except the elite who have set themselves up. It's not like he has other opportunities like the media or a corporate career to go to. Nor has he had a long career to set himself up.

It's clear he wasn't offered a deal.

Secondly, Bakes, Graham, Dan and Shai are all odds-on to leave. Add a couple inevitable injuries it doesn't leave a lot of experience.

We don't want to be Melbourne under Neeld and have a dearth of leaders, lose our way and be bottom 4 for a decade. Not all players need to be in our next premiership team. It's the most false argument to keep anyone - ever.

It's just not game day we need people like K-Mac either. It's the grind from November to March. K-Mac is a charismatic, well-loved, fantastic athlete who will help provide the positive environment our new cubs need.

Yeah he's very lucky due to the circumstances of the exodus, but reckon the above's why Blair, Livo and Adem will give him another year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
I'd keep KMac, I still reckon he contributes and can continue to do so.

Really want to keep Dan Rioli too, less fussed about the rest.

Must de-list Dow, he has had so much opportunity and I just can't see the upside.

DS

Reactions: 7 users
Leigh goes through our senior players we will have when bolton and co leave naming all the ones that are left saying we still have plenty of experience and gets to mcintosh. Kingy replies "Need to hang onto mcintosh" with a smirk on his face then doubles down says "cant afford to loose kamdyn" still smirking taking the *smile* out of him.
Thank you.

Ret : Dustin Dyl Marls Naismith (was he main list?)
Leaving: Shai Bakes Sos Fridge

Have I forgotten anyone?

8. So we have to replace 8? So far.
Gray and Blight offered spots.

Let's cut a couple.
Coulthard Cumba.

Thats a massive number to bring in through the draft under any circumstances.

I reckon we will recruit 1 or 2.
For *smile* and gigs let's say

Hobbs and.... Byrne-Jones.

That feels about right to me in one go but who freakin knows.
I have no idea about who's a rookie or not.
This is why we needed to offload a couple more in previous years. What happens now is that players you would ideally like to offload get another year. I think we have to trade in a player or two if we offload more, can't get them all in via draft and again with all the draft picks we're liky to get on top of what we have, would have been good to trade a couple from this year to next year to even it out.