2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Gotta play hard ball get. Want to recruit players like Grigg Lambert Houli Caddy Lynch. Freo want Bolton so hand over Young . WC want Baker hand over Harley.
Not yet.

We did that in the last year or two before our real finals tilt. You fill the gaps with those players.

We still need to 'buy the materials' and lay the foundation. Fingers crossed we manage that this draft.

Reactions: 1 user
Not yet.

We did that in the last year or two before our real finals tilt. You fill the gaps with those players.

We still need to 'buy the materials' and lay the foundation. Fingers crossed we manage that this draft.
We traded for Griggs and Houli before 2010.

What are we looking at this year ? 12 ? I can't keep up with it all...
Plus we added Griggs and Houli.

I reckon the 4 guys get who want to go leave.
Plus we have 4 retirements.
Then Cumberland and Coulthard go.
KMac and Dow are maybes.

So that's 10-12 gone (ignoring Colina as a Cat B)
We have Blight and Gray, so that means we can add 8-10.

Probably looking at 5 earlish picks. 1 later pick. 1 or 2 rookies then 1 train on pick.

The other player on the edge for me is McIntosh. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is delisted.

Nah. K-Mac will be staying now for sure you'd think.

Firstly because we'll need his experience and secondly (and moreso) if he wasn't in the frame for a contract Blair would have told him so he could do his farewell this week like Marlion. We are very pro-active and transparent like that.

Only way can see that changing is a couple of Dan, Shai, Bakes, Graham stay. Which is unlikely.

Reckon it came down to one of Kamdyn and Marlion and they kept k-Mac for culture/leadership reasons.

Reactions: 12 users
yeah reckon Dow stays. saved by the high number of departures
More like the lack of mids maybe a bit of both.

The general theme is 10 changes seems to be a lot. It is a common occurance even amongst top 8 teams.

Did it awhile ago but the average each year was 8 point something being turned over if i remember correctly.

Still think 10 is a minimum and more likely 12 because i reckon we rightly should be up for trading in a player or two in the right age bracket to fill needs and i think we will use pick one in the rookie draft and mid year pick 1 in the mid season draft.

I think a top three pick is likely next year so i would be happy if we managed to trade into a future top 10 pick this year and a early second rounder.
Something like 3, 7 21 25, 39, A trade or two a f/a best state league player pick 3 in the rookie draft. and another early msd pick.

I also think value adding is almost never talked about and is often shouted down. Usually its a quick cheap way to get a slight upgrade do it three times for the one position and you end up with a big upgrade.

yeah reckon Dow stays. saved by the high number of departures
I think he should be, I'm agreeing I don't think he will.
Our list is an official *smile* show.

Not yet.

Most definately now. Why limit yourself to just the ND. Target the right players for the right price in the right age bracket.
Take Geelong in recent years Bruhn, Henry and Bowes.

Look how long it took Jackson to build a list that could win a flag 2005 - 2016 are supporters going to be happy with another 12 years.

I also think value adding is almost never talked about and is often shouted down. Usually its a quick cheap way to get a slight upgrade do it three times for the one position and you end up with a big upgrade.
Not sure I've understood what you mean by value-adding, but I take it as incremental upgrade of a position.

Eg I'd delist Dow if I knew I could get Will Phillips. Phillips might only end up a B or B+ player, but he's better than the c- that Dow is.

The more breadth of quality and strength in internal competition for spots we have, the better for the overall list.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Firstly because we'll need his experience and secondly (and moreso) if he wasn't in the frame for a contract Blair would have told him so he could do his farewell this week like Marlion. We are very pro-active and transparent like that.

Only way can see that changing is a couple of Dan, Shai, Bakes, Graham stay. Which is unlikely.

Reckon it came down to one of Kamdyn and Marlion and they kept k-Mac for culture/leadership reasons.
I’m sort of with you Leysy and for that reason I don’t expect we will hear anything for a while until we know more about who is staying or going.
My tip (and I could be wrong) is that he doesn’t know if he is playing next season

More like the lack of mids maybe a bit of both.

The general theme is 10 changes seems to be a lot. It is a common occurance even amongst top 8 teams.

Did it awhile ago but the average each year was 8 point something being turned over if i remember correctly.

Still think 10 is a minimum and more likely 12 because i reckon we rightly should be up for trading in a player or two in the right age bracket to fill needs and i think we will use pick one in the rookie draft and mid year pick 1 in the mid season draft.

I think a top three pick is likely next year so i would be happy if we managed to trade into a future top 10 pick this year and a early second rounder.
Something like 3, 7 21 25, 39, A trade or two a f/a best state league player pick 3 in the rookie draft. and another early msd pick.

a quick look at teams over the last few years shows most team add 4-6 players via drafts each off season- the most i saw was 8.
Obviously teams also trade and sign free agents, but very rarely do teams draft more than 8.

Unless we are looking to trade some players in going to the draft with 9 spots available is plenty.

Reactions: 1 users
KMac stays. Nothing surer now Pickett gone. Need some experience around the club, on the training track and when we cop injuries next year. But, as others said, hope he spends considerable time in the two's

Reactions: 2 users
a quick look at teams over the last few years shows most team add 4-6 players via drafts each off season- the most i saw was 8.
Obviously teams also trade and sign free agents, but very rarely do teams draft more than 8.

Unless we are looking to trade some players in going to the draft with 9 spots available is plenty.
1 PSD player - Kelts
3 Mid Season - Gray and Blight (Gray working super hard today)
Do 8 or more at end of year and it's 25% of our list turned over. Too many imho. I'm more of the view of 5 to 7 new in Draft/Rookie. That's still 8 to 10 new faces in one 12 month period. And then possibly 5 to 7 again next year and even the year after.

That's how the contracts are lined up.

Sorry for asking this again, but can someone put up a list of our current rookies?
TIA
I believe it's Coulthard, Trezise, Bauer, Campbell, Gray, Blight, Young
Hayes-Brown, Colina (both Cat B list)

I hope not and i know that comment alone will get peoples backs up but imo Kamdyn just is not needed any more has become superfluos to needs and to fair he is not playing at a high standard most games.
On experience we still have plenty of experienced players left on the list.
The big concern is he stays and he takes games away from younger players. we have our fair share who we can play wing h/b. Thats just where we are at.

The vibe i got from Pickett retireing was all him deciding it was time. Not sure Marlion got a tap on the shoulder at all.

Thomson Dow will not get delisted. There is a difference between what people may want and what will happen.

He will be a Richmond player in 2025.

The other player on the edge for me is McIntosh. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is delisted.
McIntosh over Dow easily.