2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

We have been hoodwinked when looking to bring in contracted players and paying overs.

Am I missing something here the shoes on the other foot now. All hypotheticals at this present time but if its announced that Rioli (who's 27 years old and contracted till 2027) intends to join GC then it’s up to GC to make it happen and I mean they know they will need to pay overs. So, its 2 first rounders 5 and 13 or 5 and 20 or GAGF. We need to be prepared to walk away from the deal if GC don’t cough up at least 2 first rounder’s.

GC picks: 5, 13, 20, 25, 34, 46, 70

Shai Bolton (25 years old) who I want to stay as he's a bona fide star, a match winner on his day and contracted till 2028.
Freo will come harder as they are likely to miss the 8. I don't think we'll get 3 first rounder if I’m being totally honest but **** its 9 & 10 or he stays. Time to play hard ball at the negotiating table.

Freo Picks: 9, 10, 17, 26, 62

Liam Baker, Vice-Captain, 26 years old this is a tough one uncontracted but a heart and soul player, Tough as nails.
He's worth a first rounder but the eagles aren’t giving up pick 3. Would love for them to split that pick but highly unlikely.
Would the eagles give up a future first? more than likely no so I’d prefer we deal with Freo as we could easily snare that other first rounder (17)
Not interested in eagles 2 second rounders this year and next for bakes.

Eagles Picks; 3, 23, 59

Jack Graham, 4 years on offer from west coast. The length and money should net Richmond band 3 compo "2nd rounder".

Lions pick 14 for our later picks so they can have enough points for Ashcroft.

Our draft hand would look something like this, 1, 5, 9, 10, 14, 17, 20, 21 *22

Outs: Rioli, Bolton, Baker, Graham. Dusty (retired), Grimes (retired) and won’t be hard to delist 1 or 2 others.

Lets say we get 5 and 20 for Dan (if we get 13 instead awesome), but for the sake of the game lets say 20.
The Tiges would have picks 20, 21 and 22 “graham compo pick/band 3”. Id look to trade all 3 or 2 for future firsts from clubs in the top 4-6, Dogs, Pies and Power don't have a first rounder this year and swans have pick 18.
Imagine going into 2025 draft with 4 first rounders.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Summary so far.
Outs:
Retirees: Grimes, Martin , Naismith, Pickett
Delisting: Cumberland, Dow, Coulthard, Colina (Cat B)
Tradeable: Baker, Graham (Also free agent), Bolton, D Rioli
Possible no out: 10 + 1 Cat B

Likely retain: Prestia (?)
Re-signing: M Rioli, Ross, Lefau, Ralphsmith, Gray, Smith, Blight, Green (Rookie)
Hayes-Brown (Cat B)
Last Chance options: McIntosh

Last edited:
Retired - Martin Grimes Naismith Pickett
Delist - Cumberland Coulthard.
That's 6 before we look at trades and fa - Baker Bolton Graham rioli. Say 3 go that'll be 9.
Add maybe Prestia or McIntosh retiring. We'll be looking at perhaps around a 10 player turnover. Big changes.

Reactions: 1 users
Dusty, Grimes, Pickett, Naismith retired

3 or all of Baker, Graham, Bolton, Rioli traded.

7 or 8 gone without even so much as a whiteboard pow wow. Will be looking at minimum 10 turnover, 12 is likely. Big.

Dusty, Grimes, Pickett, Naismith retired

3 or all of Baker, Graham, Bolton, Rioli traded.

7 or 8 gone without even so much as a whiteboard pow wow. Will be looking at minimum 10 turnover, 12 is likely. Big.
Much needed.
A new intake of talent is 2 years overdue...for obvious reasons.
Given 12 months things should gel....and with some luck we will unearth new champs.

Retired - Martin Grimes Naismith Pickett
Delist - Cumberland Coulthard Dow
Trade - Baker Bolton Graham rioli.

Thats 11 off the list

Not sure how many picks we end up with if you add Blight and Gray

Recon it is 9 spots

Reactions: 1 user
Thomson Dow will not get delisted. There is a difference between what people may want and what will happen.

He will be a Richmond player in 2025.

The other player on the edge for me is McIntosh. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is delisted.

Reactions: 3 users
yeah reckon Dow stays. saved by the high number of departures

Reactions: 5 users
Thomson Dow will not get delisted. There is a difference between what people may want and what will happen.

The other player on the edge for me is McIntosh. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is delisted.
Yeah I reckon Dow's one of the long thoughts for the coaches. He'll get 2 years like the others. We need to persevere and compare his game with other mids that come in to be 100% sure if he continues on from 2026.

Agree with this but geez that says a lot about the current state of our list.

I
Yeah. We used 8 draft picks that year.

But it seems to be tracking in that range again .....but with more list numbers to fill.
I reckon Hardwicks first year we added 10 or so-
Including Dusty, Astbury and Grimes.
Plus Griffens, Webberley, Nason and a few rookies.

We've never seen anything like this in our history have we ?
We had picks 1 ,4, 12, 16 and 20 in 2004 but that was only for the loss of Ottens, so no. And apart from the very top, that was amuch weaker draft than this year as we well know.

• Haha
We have been hoodwinked when looking to bring in contracted players and paying overs.

Am I missing something here the shoes on the other foot now. All hypotheticals at this present time but if its announced that Rioli (who's 27 years old and contracted till 2027) intends to join GC then it’s up to GC to make it happen and I mean they know they will need to pay overs. So, its 2 first rounders 5 and 13 or 5 and 20 or GAGF. We need to be prepared to walk away from the deal if GC don’t cough up at least 2 first rounder’s.

GC picks: 5, 13, 20, 25, 34, 46, 70

Shai Bolton (25 years old) who I want to stay as he's a bona fide star, a match winner on his day and contracted till 2028.
Freo will come harder as they are likely to miss the 8. I don't think we'll get 3 first rounder if I’m being totally honest but **** its 9 & 10 or he stays. Time to play hard ball at the negotiating table.

Freo Picks: 9, 10, 17, 26, 62

Liam Baker, Vice-Captain, 26 years old this is a tough one uncontracted but a heart and soul player, Tough as nails.
He's worth a first rounder but the eagles aren’t giving up pick 3. Would love for them to split that pick but highly unlikely.
Would the eagles give up a future first? more than likely no so I’d prefer we deal with Freo as we could easily snare that other first rounder (17)
Not interested in eagles 2 second rounders this year and next for bakes.

Eagles Picks; 3, 23, 59

Jack Graham, 4 years on offer from west coast. The length and money should net Richmond band 3 compo "2nd rounder".

Lions pick 14 for our later picks so they can have enough points for Ashcroft.

Our draft hand would look something like this, 1, 5, 9, 10, 14, 17, 20, 21 *22

Outs: Rioli, Bolton, Baker, Graham. Dusty (retired), Grimes (retired) and won’t be hard to delist 1 or 2 others.

Lets say we get 5 and 20 for Dan (if we get 13 instead awesome), but for the sake of the game lets say 20.
The Tiges would have picks 20, 21 and 22 “graham compo pick/band 3”. Id look to trade all 3 or 2 for future firsts from clubs in the top 4-6, Dogs, Pies and Power don't have a first rounder this year and swans have pick 18.
Imagine going into 2025 draft with 4 first rounders.
Gotta play hard ball get. Want to recruit players like Grigg Lambert Houli Caddy Lynch. Freo want Bolton so hand over Young . WC want Baker hand over Harley.

Reactions: 1 user