2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Folks saying Shai is a way better player than Kelly, are probably under rating Kelly. Shai's best is definitely higher than Kelly. His low points though are far too common, and significantly lower than the highs.
If im after a mid im taking Kelly every day of the week. If im after a small forward then Shai is one of the better ones going around.

He's contracted and a matchwinner who is only 25 so we keep him unless we get a Godfather offer. West Coast's 2024 and 2025 firsts fits the bill but they won't offer them and I'd say he prefers Freo.
Got a support group ready when he gets packed off to Freo?

Reactions: 1 user
He's contracted and a matchwinner who is only 25 so we keep him unless we get a Godfather offer. West Coast's 2024 and 2025 firsts fits the bill but they won't offer them and I'd say he prefers Freo.
Does Freo acrtually want him? They will be setting themselves up for a Godfather offer to Warner.

One idea is that this has come as a surprise and Freo weren't ready for it. At some point you'd think they would be looking for a Michael Walters replacement. Would be staggered if they had no interest but depends on the price I guess.

• Wow
Does Freo acrtually want him? They will be setting themselves up for a Godfather offer to Warner.
I reckon Bolton suits Freo more than Warner does. They need someone thats going to be really damaging forward of centre and can also impact in the middle when they need something different. Shai is that.

Some on here are under rating Shai somewhat, playing up his lows, but he's the ONLY player in the AFL who has averaged 17+ possessions and more than a goal per game in each of the last 3 years.

17.5 touches, 1.9 goals, 4.2 shots at goal in 2022
21.7 touches, 1.3 goals, 3.1 shots at goal in 2023
17.8 touches, 1.5 goals. 3.2 shots at goal in 2024

In 2022 when he was played predominantly as a small forward he was ranked 10th in the AFL for shots at goal.
In 2023 even though he played far more in the middle, he was ranked 35th for shots at goal in the AFL
In 2024 he played a hybrid role of the 2 previous years in a *smile* team, still ranked 27th in the AFL for shots at goal.

If they play him further forward, as I think they will do, then he will easily replicate the form of 2022 in a top 4 side, possibly exceeding those levels.

Reactions: 4 users
One idea is that this has come as a surprise and Freo weren't ready for it. At some point you'd think they would be looking for a Michael Walters replacement. Would be staggered if they had no interest but depends on the price I guess.

I reckon they are flexible. If you went back to last year, I reckon they will stockpiling these picks for Logan McDonald. They've cooled on that with the growth of Treacy, so it opens up other avenues for them, either with Bolton or with Warner.

If I'm Freo and theres a chance of getting Bolton, I'd be going all in on this one, even if it seems like they are paying more than they should.

Reactions: 2 users
100% Shai is exactly the player Freo need to take them to another level and it couldn't be a better time with their window opening.
If I'm Freo I'm throwing the house at us, the cost is almost inconsequential when it could mean bagging your first flag. Their time is now.
Warner is a gun but you need X Factor to win flags, he would be a super fit there.

Reactions: 6 users
I reckon they are flexible. If you went back to last year, I reckon they will stockpiling these picks for Logan McDonald. They've cooled on that with the growth of Treacy, so it opens up other avenues for them, either with Bolton or with Warner.

If I'm Freo and theres a chance of getting Bolton, I'd be going all in on this one, even if it seems like they are paying more than they should.
Agree with this. You take what you can get now rather than wait for something that only might eventuate in the future.

100% Shai is exactly the player Freo need to take them to another level and it couldn't be a better time with their window opening.
If I'm Freo I'm throwing the house at us, the cost is almost inconsequential when it could mean bagging your first flag. Their time is now.
Warner is a gun but you need X Factor to win flags, he would be a super fit there.
He would seamlessly fill Michael Walters' role, and the peak of his powers would precisely coincide with their premiership window. Moreover, for whatever reason Optus Stadium is a very happy hunting ground for him. Obviously as a Richmond member I would love Fremantle to pay overs, but even putting on my neutral hat on for the moment, I can't think of a player being a better fit, at a better time, than Bolton to Fremantle.

Reactions: 5 users
Freo has a beautiful group coming through together Serong Bradshaw Amiss Frederick Young and Tracey.
Bolton would be icing on the cake.
If they got Bolton, They would be my favourites next year to win a flag.
The only thing holding them back is Longmuire.
When they drop out of the finals, they will give us everything we ask for

Reactions: 1 users
Shai , Daniel, Baker and Graham better not play more than 99 games for others if they leave as we'll likely be robbed of any father sons.

Fantastic same as if Pickett leaves, we lose access to his kids too.

That would be soooo Old Richmond and its starting to seem a little everything Old is New Again.............................

• Sad
Shai , Daniel, Baker and Graham better not play more than 99 games for others if they leave as we'll likely be robbed of any father sons.

Fantastic same as if Pickett leaves, we lose access to his kids too.

That would be soooo Old Richmond and its starting to seem a little everything Old is New Again.............................
New rules take way f/s advantage anyway.

• Sad
Its Time Sport GIF by UFC

Delist time.
Sony
Dow
Pickett
Naismith
Coulthard
Flappers
Cumberland
Colina