2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

I've thought this for a while and it may impact what we do, and what West Coast are willing to trade for Bakes, as I reckon Bakes goes to WC along with Graham. Bolton is far more likely to go to Freo if we leaves.

Scenario 1
So West Coast pay Graham enough to trigger Band 3 compo (2nd rounder), we get pick 22 - Perfect.
West Coast then trade a future 2nd and a future 3rd or maybe both 2nds (this and next year) and we give them something back this year to get Champion with late picks

Scenario 2
West Coast pay Graham less and he gets band 4 or 5 compo - we get pick 39/40
West Coast then trade a future 2nd and Pick 21.

For both teams it’s better to do Scenario 1 IMO. We don't need any more later draft picks this year, would prefer them next year, or another high and trade some of our later ones also makes sense for us.
MrP are you suggesting Baker is worth a pick in the 20’s? Surely not.

MrP are you suggesting Baker is worth a pick in the 20’s? Surely not.

I think he's worth something around 12-15 but we will struggle to get that from West Coast. I've been thinking that we would get their 1st in 2024 and 1st in 2025, and possibly give something back, maybe they can have 3rd in 2024 back.

If Graham goes to West Coast and they help us get Pick 22 as compo instead of around Pick 40, then I think we will be fair with the trade with them and make it a bit better value for them.

Some of what might be included in the picks that change, could depend on where they think Champion will be bid on. If around early to mid 20's then I reckon they will trade that and get something later back from us.

Think we can only afford to lose one of Daniel or Bakes. Both leaders, popular teammates. Ideally we keep both but heaven forbid we lose both in the same year.
It feels like there's no way we don't lose 1 of them. Would hate to lose both, but if we do we better end up with at least 5 picks in the top 20

Reactions: 1 user
I think he's worth something around 12-15 but we will struggle to get that from West Coast. I've been thinking that we would get their 1st in 2024 and 1st in 2025, and possibly give something back, maybe they can have 3rd in 2024 back.

If Graham goes to West Coast and they help us get Pick 22 as compo instead of around Pick 40, then I think we will be fair with the trade with them and make it a bit better value for them.

Some of what might be included in the picks that change, could depend on where they think Champion will be bid on. If around early to mid 20's then I reckon they will trade that and get something later back from us.
You are completely forgetting the pick West Coast will get from the Hawks for Barrass. It will definitley be their 1st pick. Most likely in the range of 10-13 which is the sweet spot for Bakes,

Receiving a couple of 2nd rounds for Baker and giving something back would be criminal.

We are talking about a dual premiership player and vice captain of the footy club. Not to mention the big contract he will get from West Coast.

Reactions: 4 users
So we are facing a player exodus now?

The club deserves the blowtorch for how badly they have managed all aspects of the football department post 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Dragging up 2 month old *smile*. Nothing new added. Just to month old *smile*. Oh, and since then Shai has said he doesn't want to move. Tom Morris is full of it.
Lol, missed this, but just said the same on the Shai thread. He was on SEN and basically said the same as the tweet.
Maybe trying to ingratiate himself to poppa McGuire, by pumping up Xander's reputation.

Reactions: 1 users
It used to be an unwritten law that you didn’t pursue other teams contracted players. It seems Freo and Eagles didn’t get the memo.

Maybe we should pursue some of the WA based Victorians such as Brayshaw, Serong, Young, Treacey, Darcy and of course Reid?

You are completely forgetting the pick West Coast will get from the Hawks for Barrass. It will definitley be their 1st pick. Most likely in the range of 10-13 which is the sweet spot for Bakes,

Receiving a couple of 2nd rounds for Baker and giving something back would be criminal.

We are talking about a dual premiership player and vice captain of the footy club. Not to mention the big contract he will get from West Coast.

It all comes down to value though. If we got 2 2nds out of Bakes even giving a 3rd back, and we could trade those picks (although the 2nds may both be in 2025) and we got Pick 6, why would we take Pick 10, when we could have pick 6 giving a pick back from the 3rd round which if the exodus is actually true, then we wouldn't be using anyway.

As I've said through all of this, people get caught up with individual trades, but its ultimately the overall impact on your draft position that matters.

Mitch Cleary is saying we won't be trading Shai and there's more chance Dan could go. One journo says one thing, another says the other thing. It's all over the place.

He said Simpson was interested in Graham, but now he's gone and depends on new coach......maybe Clarke could convince the new coach to still trade for him....who knows.

Mitch Cleary is saying we won't be trading Shai and there's more chance Dan could go. One journo says one thing, another says the other thing. It's all over the place.
It’s all made up for click bait or as the journo’s would say “speculation” which is essentially the same thing.

Reactions: 3 users
It’s all made up for click bait or as the journo’s would say “speculation” which is essentially the same thing.
Certainly gives us all something to talk about on here when we’re travelling terribly on the field.

I am a bit surprised graham would go west. It's not like he is playing reserves and not getting a game. Its his body is failing him. Seems a popular clubman.

I get SA, but Eagles rumours sound far-fetched.

So we are now facing a player exodus now?

The club deserves the blowtorch for how badly they have managed all aspects of the football department post 2020.
Don't worry, the blowtorches have been lit and will be adjusted to a blue flame and applied directly, and on an ongoing basis. The lack of blowtorches is one thing we don't need to worry about.

I am a bit surprised graham would go west. It's not like he is playing reserves and not getting a game. Its his body is failing him. Seems a popular clubman.

I get SA, but Eagles rumours sound far-fetched.
Being a good mate with Baker hardly is enough incentive to move that far is it?

So Shai is suppose to want to go home for the support network ,,well welcome to the West Coast Shai ,we will take there first pick this year and next .
He's contracted so we get whats the best deal for us ,and he's back home with his support network :cool: