2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

Yeah, Dow plus one of K-Mac/Pickett gives 6 picks as you say. Then Dan and Shai or possibles.

Young would be harsh off a knee and Sonsie lucky to be contracted or an easy delisting.

Shame Gray got injured as we haven't found out enough about him. We also need to play Blight to see what he has at the top level which will determine if he gets a contract for next year.
Gray showed quite a bit the VFL teram elevated with the arrival of Gray and Blight.

Id sign them both for at least another 12 months I think we only took them on 6 month deals, especially with our Tall stocks still suspect into 24.

Reactions: 1 user
If Balta is a defender and its an important question, Is Balta a defender? Imo yes lets build from the back.

If he is then kpd is just about the only area of the list that does not require work looking long term.

Our tall defensive stocks are in good shape especially if Ben Miller can continue to grow as a player.

A possible tall set up next year would be

#### - Miller - Gibcus
#### - Balta - ####.

RESERVES Blight, Young.

Even the flanks are promising with so many running types we could try there. Its one reason why i think we can afford to let 27yr old Dan Rioli go for a couple of very good picks. We need to bottom out and Dan imo won't be a part of any future success we may have.
If we are to get a good return for Dan then this year is it.
Its also why i think McIntosh and Pickett are superfluous to needs we have their roles covered imo.

Vlastuin and his experience is a mainstay but remember he is 30 already. I think James Trezise would make a good replacement for him. Both around 188cm both should end up being good big bodies.
Broad and his experience well we have a like for like who has a bit of improving needed but may get there in Brown.
I think a potential third tall replacement for Grimes would be Bauer again lots of development needed.

Smalls like Smith Banks a runner, even HRS. Hb is a role for the kids imo.

Pencil them in as defenders and to a large degree we can ignore the back half for a bit and work hard on what really needs working on.

The area of key forward is of great concern.

Lynch top notch and a favorite but 32.

Yep we have some numbers in this area after big Tom . The question that has to be asked though is what is the quality like? What are the odds of rookie picks and msd picks or picks after pick 43 of making it. Is Kossie a long term solution? or just a temprorary stop gap.

We all know mids are a great need even Hopper and Taranto are at the wrong end as far as age goes long term.
I suppose the bottom line and question that has to be answered with the most honesty is, how much further to rock bottom?

Yes it would !
Yep..Smith and Draper . Midfield set.
2 key forwards later in the draft..fantastic.
It is mids and key forwards we need to be successful at this time.
Bolton is a great player.. but a key CHF or FF is better.

I've thought this for a while and it may impact what we do, and what West Coast are willing to trade for Bakes, as I reckon Bakes goes to WC along with Graham. Bolton is far more likely to go to Freo if we leaves.

Scenario 1
So West Coast pay Graham enough to trigger Band 3 compo (2nd rounder), we get pick 22 - Perfect.
West Coast then trade a future 2nd and a future 3rd or maybe both 2nds (this and next year) and we give them something back this year to get Champion with late picks

Scenario 2
West Coast pay Graham less and he gets band 4 or 5 compo - we get pick 39/40
West Coast then trade a future 2nd and Pick 21.

For both teams its better to do Scenario 1 IMO. We don't need any more later draft picks this year, would prefer them next year, or another high and trade some of our later ones also makes sense for us.

Reactions: 1 users
3 and 23, but he won't choose them so it's moot I reckon.

Agree. He will choose Freo, much closer to a flag, he would shine there and he has some family connection to the club too.

Reckon their Collingwood and Port picks will be the bulk of the trade, hopefully includes their future 1st and we can give them their 2nd back and at least 1 of our 3rds.

Whilst I don't want to lose these guys, if we trade right, we should be able to get the Pies 1st, Ports 1st and in some way trade for GC's 1st (either with Rioli - I'm not sure I believe the media on this one - or with future picks).

If we can also trade up for Brisbanes pick, we might be able to keep Rioli and still end up with 1, 6, 7, 12, 17, 21 and maybe keep 22 too.

Whilst my preference is to keep Rioli and Bolton in particular, if they want out, then we will trade them. Bolton probably more likely to go you'd think, as others have said his partner is pregnant again, perhaps she wants to be closer to her family.

Reactions: 3 users
With all these potential outs, there would seemingly be too many picks coming back - would it be realistic to look at picks plus players such as Erasmus who was a high pick but not getting a guernsey?