2024 - List Management | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 - List Management

In other news the afl website reporting Prestia and the club are working on giving him another year and J. Ross two more years

Given his ever diminishing output, I'm flummoxed by another year for Prestia.
It sounds like reduced games and money for Dion.

“I am a list manager at PRE (with ongoing tenure) and I tell you that trading Bolton, Baker and Rioli is a nuclear option that will result in cultural armageddon for a decade.”

*checks news*

“Well it can’t be the club driving this.”

*finds out that it was*

“Waaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah I need my wheatgrass solution.”

Composes self.

“What a wonderfully brutal way to rebuild the list, provide Yze with his preferred group and put us on a trajectory to our next flag. Club should’ve done this years ago…”

“I am a list manager at PRE and I tell you that trading Bolton, Baker and Rioli is a nuclear option that will result in cultural armageddon for a decade.”

*checks news*

“Well it can’t be the club driving this.”

*finds out that it was*

“Waaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah I need my wheatgrass solution.”

Composes self.

“What a wonderfully brutal way to rebuild the list, provide Yze with his preferred group and put us on a trajectory to our next flag. Club should’ve done this years ago…”
Where has it been reported that the club has been driving this?

Where has it been reported that the club has been driving this?
If the penny can drop for a player it most assuredly would’ve dropped for the club first.

Who here honestly thinks we haven’t looked at the list this year and finally concluded it needs drastic renovation.

Players have been told / will be told that the carnival is over. Your medallions mean nothing now, what can we get for you?

Reactions: 1 user
Shai dad played for fremantle? Is from there..
Baker from WA been woeed a couple of contracts
Rioli having hardwick want because of there relationship.

I can't see how the club is doing this.

Daniel would be the one i would say no to..

Reactions: 1 users
Shai dad played for fremantle? Is from there..
Baker from WA been woeed a couple of contracts
Rioli having hardwick want because of there relationship.

I can't see how the club is doing this.

Daniel would be the one i would say no to..
Daniel possibly. Might’ve heard what the club told Bolton. And the dominos fall

But the club would’ve known it was a possibility Rioli would follow suit and told Bolton anyway

Folks gotta realise - these days the club knows everything about player engagement, especially at RFC

Reactions: 1 user
June 2024 - Bolton perfectly happy

July 2024 - Bolton exploring options

Hmmm

Folks need to think a little harder on what’s going on here.

My guess is Blair Hartley has completed an internal assessment, submitted a list management plan for approval and has had it ticked off.

There's a lot of speculation being dressed as facts here, based on no evidence. It's like PRE-FOX News.

All based off something one journo has stated as a rumour.

Reactions: 6 users
Because at the back end, you get 10 kids all retiring at the same time.
You need to play them all to develop them, preferably in the right position. Have to have spots available, which might mean not taking best available but list need.
Stocking up in one draft opens us up to more failures. Refer 2003 and 2021 drafts.
Etc etc
Nah, not really. Some of the kids will be staggered into the side over 3 years depending on how they grow n develop. Same thing will happen later in their careers. Some might not quite make it, some might want to be traded back to their home state. Some will be cooked by the time they're 28 / 29, some might play till they're mid 30's. Massive variables in play through the whole era.

Damn rare that there's such a fat and even draft comes along, so why not stock up? There's a swathe of quality mids for early in this draft backed up by a group of very promising KPP for around end of first / early second round and they'd all get to grow n develop together.

Reactions: 2 users
There's a lot of speculation being dressed as facts here, based on no evidence. It's like PRE-FOX News.

All based off something one journo has stated as a rumour.
There's the fun in everyone pretending to know something and all speculating / discussing it together. Wouldn't be much of interest if everyone just sat here going I dunno, wish the draft would get here already.

Whether or not the above is true, and regardless of it being a good course of action to take, it’s still kind of sad. It’s ruling a line under the greatest period of my life following the Tigers.yeah I know football is a business but there has to be room for some emotion.

Reactions: 2 users
Because at the back end, you get 10 kids all retiring at the same time.
You need to play them all to develop them, preferably in the right position. Have to have spots available, which might mean not taking best available but list need.
Stocking up in one draft opens us up to more failures. Refer 2003 and 2021 drafts.
Etc etc
The biggest risk is whether the draft is as good as everyone says.
As for developing them at the same time, whether you get drafted this year or next, the same issue will still hold true.

I say go now and get this rebuild on steroids.

Reactions: 5 users
The biggest risk is whether the draft is as good as everyone says.
As for developing them at the same time, whether you get drafted this year or next, the same issue will still hold true.

I say go now and get this rebuild on steroids.

yeah, *smile* it.

take half the first round this year and another 3-4 next year,

and have another dynasty.

whats the worst that can happen?

37 years? cinchy bubs

Agree. Split the rebuild out. We can't develop everyone at AFL level, all at once.
Not all drafts are the same. Some are more shallow and have less top end talent. This is supposedly a very good deep one. Have no idea what the word is on next years, but if this is the better draft you hit it with all guns blazing.

Plus our kids with a couple of exceptions are mediocre, most will be easily overtaken, and likewise some of our older players are injury prone. There will be opportunities. And expect more significant retirements and delistings at the end of next year.

Except for pick 1 (who will be pick one for a reason) the VFL will beckon for most in the first year as it should be. Now is the time to strike.

I love reading re all the trade news etc & have never had any sort of info etc myself.

But I can say after speaking to young Blight at the game on Sunday that his initial contract was 6 months & is talking to the club re getting a 1 year contract for next year & my mate Kosi's uncle said it was def 2 year deal he signed initially as some posters thought it was 3.

Nothing ground breaking but I have contributed something ha ha.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
If the penny can drop for a player it most assuredly would’ve dropped for the club first.

Who here honestly thinks we haven’t looked at the list this year and finally concluded it needs drastic renovation.

Players have been told / will be told that the carnival is over. Your medallions mean nothing now, what can we get for you?
I've posted this before Carter but I will do it again because I think it is great context.

I have a friend who up until 8-10 years ago was very involved in the player agency space. He told me that the average footy supporter would be staggered if they knew about how many of their club's players were discussed as potential trades, who's management were approached by other clubs to "gauge" interest or who asked their own management to see what level of interest there was around in relation to them. I am sure it still happens now, probably moreso.

That's why I keep my powder dry on this stuff because within the industry I am sure that discussions are going on all the time and what gets reported is going to be some journo's interpretation and also their own ego and need to have a breaking story.

That's not to say none of this will happen, only that discussions about players and options happen all the time and jumping to conclusions is in the end nothing but speculation.

Reactions: 5 users
where does Battle go then?
Isn't he a free agent?

Its going to be sad as this trade period will put an absolute full stop of the 17-20 dynasty.

We will grieve for a week or 2 and remember the amazing times watching Rioli, Baker, Bolton and most importantly Dusty.

Then come draft night and day after we will start all over again with a bunch of promising young kids.

Reactions: 3 users