2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

That’s the problem with this Draft: whilst there’s a few decent types, there isn’t that genuine explosive 5-10 metre burst player who can get separation from stoppages, something we critically lack. Nobody with a Judd, Treloar, Gulden, Cousins, Dangerfield style of game.

Maybe Draper has the best of it, but otherwise, what we really need isn’t in this Draft. FOS is ok, but certainly not that “boom” and he’s off type.

We desperately need some breakaway speed like Shed used to give us a bit of. Shai has it, but he’s not an all day every week midfielder.
I agree on Draper. Best burst. Possible no. 1.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope everyone is allowing us to leave some leadership in the club rather than trading it out?
Otherwise we’ll be rooted at the bottom of the ladder for the next 10yrs like Carlton and North Melbourne have been.
Number 1 draft picks won’t buy you a Premiership in the short term. You need a balanced list.
1 Taranto.
2. Bolton.
3. Rioli.
4. Baker.
5. Hopper ( hopefully )
6. Nankervis.
7. Balta.
These players should form the cultural base to build the club around. That’s not a large number of senior players.
In various discussions we're bidding farewell to

Grimes, Prestia, Dusty (retirees)
Baker, Rioli/s, Bolton, Graham (trades)

Obviously not all will happen, maybe even none will. But that is a huge chunk of the leaders are players in their mid 20s who you want to carry the club forward. Also why it's important to bring in some quality, solid citizen types as we've done with Taranto and Hopper.

Reactions: 3 users
Spit balling here but imagine losing Dan and Bakes jesus we'd have an absolutely massive hand of picks.

yea and if we get really lucky, we might end up with players almost as good as Rioli and Baker

Or most likely, they are duds, and not nearly as good

Reactions: 1 user
AFL employee Cal Twomeh now reporting draft picks up to and including pick 54 will have points attached to them.

Reactions: 1 users
There talking Josh battle getting the saints pick 5 or 6 so pretty sure graham gets us a 2nd rounder when west coke offer him a 4 year deal

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
So this is my telling him he is dreaming post. All this depends on two things. One we don't win another game and end up with pick 1 and the AFL doesn't change the draft rules this year.

so Rioli to GC for picks 8 and 20
then Bolton to Freo for picks 11, 14 and 25
Then Baker to WC plus picks 11 and 34 for picks 3 and 25
We then go to Brisbane and deal picks 25, 41 through to 71 for pick 9
Talk to North as they don't really need more midfielders, they need KPP so picks 9 and 14 for pick 2
Graham goes to Port for pick 31 or Adelaide for pick 30
Finally go to Carlton offer picks 23 and 40 for pick 17

Would leave us with 1, 2, 3, 8, 17, 20, 22 and 30 or 31
Ooooh. Have you got both Santa and the Easter Bunny on free board at your place???? Quality piece of wishful dreamin.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Rioli for Humphrey, straight swap. Between retirements and likely trades we are looking at serious player exodus this year. At some point we need players not draft picks and Humphrey fits our needs and list demographics.
Does he have the tank? Seems like a Rayner type IMO.

I d
You're probably right all things being equal, but they aren't. Daniel is contracted, and if these rumours are true, and they make sense, GC have identified him as being exactly what they need, which means overs.

What 10 and 13 have netted:

Caddy/ Tholstrup
Phillipou/ Busslinger
Erasmus/ Hobbs
z Reid/ Powell
Green/ Day (That would be quite good!)
Blakney/ Quaynor (so would that)
O'brien/ Brander
Bowes/ Venebales
McKay/ Kennedy
I Doubt we’re getting 10 & 13. If it happens, I imagine it’s more 10 & 20