2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

So Chuck Ralph reckons GC have offered up 2 1st round draft picks for Daniel. Hmmmm. Might take that with a grain of salt given Chuck's history. But lets entertain it for a minute on the basis that for once in his life he has something right.

That would mean 2 of GC's 3 first round picks that they have. Their own (currently 7 before bids), the Bulldogs' (currently 8 before bids) and Norf's end of 1st round compo pick (currently 20 before bids).

No doubt GC would be offering the Dog's and Norf picks if Ralph is correct for once. But what would the club, or the great minds of PRE think if GC and the Dogs' picks were put on the table ? What are they likley to be....about 10 and 13 or so ?
We've gotta make something happen in this draft. That offer seems overs but who knows.
HW loves Dan so....Prefer to keep D and lose Bolton but something has to give.

That would be a amazing pick up to get Lalor and Fos,,I do rate Smillie l think is very good.

No not like Mcdonald ,Faull is aggressive at the contest ,be it at marking or at ground level,yeah he is mobile gets up the ground and has a really good work ethic ,he is a CHF type,not a FF.
Didn't our recruiting guys meet up with him early in the year?

We've gotta make something happen in this draft. That offer seems overs but who knows.
HW loves Dan so....Prefer to keep D and lose Bolton but something has to give.
It seems way overs to me too and hence why I say to take this idiot's stuff with a grain of salt.

He's all for Richmond trading every single player for draft picks.

First time ive seen him so just a grain of salt obs
;

I thought of tom lynch; not because hes 199. He doesnt have a baby face, or the same haircut;

I saw the competitiveness.

That rarest quality that particularly sorts KPP wheat from chaff
The question is.Was his opponent of quality?
Not suggesting Rance type but not Michael Laffy either.

Unfortunately Pedro, 12 of the 23 players in last year’s U/16 All Australian team (ie those available in 2025) are Academy players with the Northern clubs.

It’s gonna be hard next year.
If thats the case.And with what looks like it a tightening of the points system making it harder for clubs to gather points next year.
Could we offer our 1st rnd next year for the Suns 8 & 9 this year?

Not even joking, but our first.

He's contracted until end of 2026, so there at no immediate risk of him leaving.

He is the face of their rebuild. You only need to look at the media over there.

And because of his role, style and ability they will look to build a team around him. As good as Bakes and Shai are you cant do that with them.

Because of those reasons, we'll need to turn heads and pay overs to get him - Only our first pick will do that ILO.
Didn't West Coast knock back 3 firsts for pick 1 ?

AFL met with all 18 clubs yesterday, what came out of it was that all or nearly all clubs wanted any draft changes grandfathered into next year 2025 not this year and is now more likely to happen :)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
So Chuck Ralph reckons GC have offered up 2 1st round draft picks for Daniel. Hmmmm. Might take that with a grain of salt given Chuck's history. But lets entertain it for a minute on the basis that for once in his life he has something right.

That would mean 2 of GC's 3 first round picks that they have. Their own (currently 7 before bids), the Bulldogs' (currently 8 before bids) and Norf's end of 1st round compo pick (currently 20 before bids).

No doubt GC would be offering the Dog's and Norf picks if Ralph is correct for once. But what would the club, or the great minds of PRE think if GC and the Dogs' picks were put on the table ? What are they likley to be....about 10 and 13 or so ?
You would grab it and run.

Picks 10 & 13 for DRioli, I love him but its overs.

Reactions: 4 users
Didn't our recruiting guys meet up with him early in the year?
Yeah was told Clarke and another recruiter where talking with Faull and Penry,not sure about Lalor.
According to Troy selwood head man down at Geelong Grammar ,there where a lot of recruiters at his first game back for the year ,at the Grammar game,,he is a very talented player.

Reactions: 1 user
Spit balling here but imagine losing Dan and Bakes jesus we'd have an absolutely massive hand of picks.
And that would also be before we've even looked at selling junk picks to clubs wanting points for F/S or academy selections. Sell off some rubbish picks for a first rounder or two either this year or next, combined with some early picks for a couple of players that other clubs need. Get the picks right for two years n the core of a rebuild is pretty much done, then just have the patience to wait a little bit for the cream to rise to the surface.

Reactions: 1 user
AFL met with all 18 clubs yesterday, what came out of it was that all or nearly all clubs wanted any draft changes grandfathered into next year 2025 not this year and is now more likely to happen :)
I've got mixed feelings. The process has been a debacle, as usual, and we've got a few late picks to use. But the bottom line is, the clubs trading the junk picks in benefit far more than the clubs trading them out. In a brutally competitive comp, its another year of free money to the northern academy clubs.

Reactions: 1 users
Rioli for Humphrey, straight swap. Between retirements and likely trades we are looking at serious player exodus this year. At some point we need players not draft picks and Humphrey fits our needs and list demographics.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users