2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

TWSITG.

Those With Skin In The Game. Do they see class gaps? If so TWSITG will try to trade up above a threshold to get this particular player or below a threshold to where the players are even and they can still get one of a group.

That it is repeated in the media and subsequently on the Interwebz that this is a very even draft and nobody can split one and five or three and seven is a mainstream view for those with no skin.

The behaviour of TWSITG (pronounced Twisting) will reveal the views of some of the actual players.

Of particular interest to RFC fans will be the trade or not for #2.

Reactions: 1 users
The Tigers once picked up a scrawny kid who couldn’t put on weight but he could find the ball. His name was Kevin Bartlett.
No way is Jagga Smith Kevin Bartlett. Bartlett was a freak. Smith is a workhorse who is as light as a feather.

Reactions: 2 users
That's 6 and 18 for 2 and say future 24. They'd have to be absolute desperados to do that, but stranger things have happened, and its North.
Again, normally i would agree, but it depends if the mail they really only want Tauru is right, and if they are confident they will get him at 6.

They could but on Trade radio their list boss said the main reason they traded their F1 for pick 9 was they wanted to get another pick in the top 10 to add another elite player. Of course that can change if a deal suits their purpose.

Heck, we could offer GWS pick 10 for 15&16 and then on trade 6 and 16 by virtue of having an extra pick at our disposal to trade.

We would improve from 6 to 2 but rise from 10 to 15
Still would have 1, 2, 11, 15, 18, 20, 23, 24
Doesn't look all that different to our current hand 1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24

If the dees did that deal they would have pick 2, then a gap to 15
We could. My response was to a statement there is no competition for pick 2.
There is but also North will only do it if it’s worth it for them.

Again, normally i would agree, but it depends if the mail they really only want Tauru is right, and if they are confident they will get him at 6.
Actually thinking again, I don't know if stranger things have happened. It throws up all sorts of scenarios depending on who is more desperate for what.

I don't have any faith in North to take any calculated risks. Zero. If they are desperate to get Tauru, they are likely to just hang on to 2 and take him.

Given Matthew Lloyd's assesment of Armstrong being a better contested mark than the King brothers, I'm all in on pick 10 being used on a key forward, waiting for the second round seems too late, we should be grabbing 2-3 in any case. We can hold off on the defenders as Balta & Gibcus are perfectly capable of filling those slots.

Reactions: 8 users
Given Matthew Lloyd's assesment of Armstrong being a better contested mark than the King brothers, I'm all in on pick 10 being used on a key forward, waiting for the second round seems too late, we should be grabbing 2-3 in any case. We can hold off on the defenders as Balta & Gibcus are perfectly capable of filling those slots.

Beware the biased junior coach talking about one of his players.

They all think their players are the best ever! Remember Michael Turner :LOL:

But yes some pizazz and marking ability in our front half would be great. It's one reason be fine with the Flying Viking going at 6 if the glamour mids (Jagga, Draper, FoS, Laler) are all gone. He projects a lot better than Armstrong for that area of the ground ILO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
No way would Leysy be doing 6 & 11 for 2 in this draft.

Would you trade FoS for two of the next batch - Any combo of Tauru, Langford, Smillie, Berry, Travaglia, Allan etc.

Would much prefer two of those on our list Vs One FoS.

Then you have the chance Jagga or maybe even Draper get through to 6 as well.
So this. Not trading up. Even draft, someone will reach, things will change. Six is a prime location.

Reactions: 5 users
So this. Not trading up. Even draft, someone will reach, things will change. Six is a prime location.

Yeah even at 18 you are foregoing another high end talent getting on your list. Some good key and small forwards will be available then.

You'd need to be very sure who you're getting at 2 is a LOT better than 6.

Reactions: 2 users
Mids.

Elite with x factor: Lalor - FOS

Speed and clearance - Jagga - Draper - Hotton

Clearance and work rate - Jagga - Langford

I doubt we trade into 2 to get Lalor and FOS. I think we will get one of Jagga - Draper or Hotton at 6.

If North take Tauru @2 and Demons take Armstrong @5 no way do we need to get pick 2.

Also if we take Langford @1 we are almost guaranteed to get elite talent @ 6 (FOS & Lalor @1 are ok)

If this fails and north @ Demons take mids we get one of Tauru/Armstrong at 6

its vitally important we make it known we are interested in Tauru & Armstrong at 6 to force NM & Demons hands.

Reactions: 1 user
You'd need to be very sure who you're getting at 2 is a LOT better than 6.
Exactly. And its a matter of how sure. May not be 6 and 10 sure, but might be 6 and 18 sure. I have complete faith they'll back their judgement and make the call.

IF we think its a Dusty and Cotch-type opportunity, 6 and 18 is a steal.