2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Have u all seen Collingwoods list. So many old men and they are still looking at recruiting old players like Membrey. We are in the sweet spot if we get this right before all the Tassy concessions. We will be rising with a bullet within the next 2 years whereas they will be floundering at the bottom for years on end. Same to Carlton. Great times ahead with Yze at the helm I reckon. Give him a decent young motivated list and see how good a coach he will be. He had some great players under him this year but they were not motivated and along with the injuries we all saw what happened. I have faith that we made the right choice in coach, but like all great coaches, no matter how good they are, they need the cattle at their disposal to succeed. Look out, good times ahead.

Reactions: 7 users
Here's a Doozy - if we were to trade out 23 & 24 for future 1sts, who would you like to trade them with? Or to put it another way, who are you most keen on death riding next yr?

Yeah. Let's not be a two faced, self serving hypocrite either. Better idea.
Like I can choose my seats on a plane? WTF.
You’re being petty and are obviously jealous so I’ll let you be miserable in your own company.
Have another Doritos and settle down for the night.

Like I can choose my seats on a plane? WTF.
You’re being petty and are obviously jealous so I’ll let you be miserable in your own company.
Have another Doritos and settle down for the night.
Wtf are you talking about ? So you sit next to a Richmond player. So what. You never been near or next to one before ? Worked with one ? Yeah I’m jealous. Ffs.

Like I said, I don’t care if you don’t like Steely as a player. But to rag on the guy for 2 years straight and then feel the need to big note yourself about sitting on a plane next to him and how chummy you were with him is the height of hypocrisy and lacks spine for me.

Last edited:
Wtf are you talking about ? So you sit next to a Richmond player. So what. You never been near or next to one before ? Worked with one ? Yeah I’m jealous. Ffs.

Like I said, I don’t care if you don’t like Steely as a player. But to rag on the guy for 2 years straight and then feel the need to big note yourself about sitting on a plane next to him and how chummy you were with him is the height of hypocrisy and lacks spine for me.
FMD that’s a lot of analysis for a throwaway line about sitting next to a bloke on a plane.
Says a lot about your life, not my spine

Maybe..but H Reid is an absolute gamewinner..he is Judd and more.

As long as we did not overpay. Say Allen and a F1.

Think about FOS/Lalor + H Reid + Tarranto + Langford + Hotten + Smart <2025.>....kicking to Whitlock, Faull,Berry and Hannaford.+ F1 2026

Backline rock solid with Balta Gibcus Brown + 2025-6 key back...or Tauru/Travaglia

A genuine finals side after 3 years from now.

Need to be bold to succeed from where we are.
Minimum 2 early first rounders plus Allen to get Reid. That mightn’t be enough. I think the price would be far too high.
Geelong on the other hand would be somehow able to pick him up for pick 12 and a swap of future 3 round pick

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Here's a Doozy - if we were to trade out 23 & 24 for future 1sts, who would you like to trade them with? Or to put it another way, who are you most keen on death riding next yr?
As Wayno posted trade with Essendon for the Dees f1
And with GC for the pies f1

Saints and Bummers unlikely to be top 4, so at worst 14, thats a reasonable ceiling.

To slide back but keep a 2024 pick, obvs the other club needs a 2nd round pick. Bris, Ess and GC will all use theirs up for their academy kids. Only Ess will be interested/have 2025 points to jump back in.
GWS unlikely to trade with 3 prior picks. Now Blues and Port,Dees and Pies dont have a future 1st, so we shouldn't bother. Dogs have the next pick 25 and eagles follow with 26. Both unlikely to trade.

Maybe a port slider, 24 for 29 to get their f2. 29 will come in two spots. I cant see port trading out their 2nd, in fact its probably disallowed.

So options to slide are Freo, Saints hawks cats.
Maybe Freo slide back 4 spots and swap their f1 for our f2.
Or same with hawks slide back 6 spots and swap their f1 for our f2.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody have a link to the AFL Academy vs Coburg Lions 2024 full replay? I swear I saw one but can't find it now.

FMD that’s a lot of analysis for a throwaway line about sitting next to a bloke on a plane.
Says a lot about your life, not my spine
Talking about 'a player on a plane' in the mid 2000's I was flying up to Brisbane and Scott Clayton was sitting right next to and he was hanging *smile* on me that we took Deledio before Roughhead.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Just had my first looks at Hotton and Tairu , wouldn’t be shattered if they were our first picks , obviously won’t be but gee whilckers the upside on both , Hotton has a lot of Bolton about him except he seems an excellent field kick . How’s the hang time on the Viking , great judgment in the air as well , plus vice like hands no jiggle in the grab , nice kicking action too .

Now the divorce is finalised I can see @caesar having a new ”hot ton” love if we draft Taj

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
If you go by Cal Twomey's Phantom Form guide in July we will get

1 Josh Smillie
6 Luke Trainor
10 Taj Horton
11 Tobie Travaglia
18 Tom Gross
20 Alex Dodson
23 Matt Whitlock
24 Jobe Shannahan