2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Am I the only one who thinks Armstrong is this years ‘slider’?

I think he’s half a chance to still be there at our pick 10.

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 1 users
Need him on our list badly. Love how he has time to look around for better options. Positions himself early setting himselp up in marking contests . Eyes on the ball with head still. Going to be a gun and would be wasted at Norf.
not gonna be able to do that in the AFL especially in the fwd line as defenders will apply early physical contact and body him out of a free run and jump at the ball. That's why someone like Howe had to take all his spectacular marks in the backline.

• Haha
More secret handshakes there than a Freemasons convention
Gave up on reading that Chevappi's draft when they listed the Crows bidding on Ashcroft at pick 4. Kid's easily as good as any other prospect in the draft n if there's 3 Vic clubs that can't be arsed bidding on him just because he'll go to Brisvegas anyway, then the integrity of the comp is *smile*.

Twomey casually dropped "Lalor O'Sullivan" in respect of RFC's #1 and #2. Looks set. And Twomey calls 6+18 the right price.

I don't think this is controversial. It looks the most likely scenario. I don't think Twomey knows who the Baggers want if FOS is gone. Yet. But he did mention Smith.

Twomey linked ADEL to FOS then suggested Langford and Draper before throwing Smith in, almost reluctantly.

Twomey threw a bunch of midfielder names at Melbourne and lost track a bit. He doesn't know who Taylor will take at #5. The cat and mouse stuff. He hasn't got Smillie in the mix there as yet. But there is a little bit of jungle drum about Smillie in this range, perhaps at #5. He is certainly linked to RFC at 6 if we keep it. Persistent jungle drum.

Lalor
FOS
Smith?
Langford?
Smillie?
Tauru

We've got two or three roughly locked. I reckon Taylor is throwing fakes all over the joint. And he's still inscrutable.

Reactions: 1 users
Twomey casually dropped "Lalor O'Sullivan" in respect of RFC's #1 and #2. Looks set. And Twomey calls 6+18 the right price.

I don't think this is controversial. It looks the most likely scenario. I don't think Twomey knows who the Baggers want if FOS is gone. Yet. But he did mention Smith.

Twomey linked ADEL to FOS then suggested Langford and Draper before throwing Smith in, almost reluctantly.

Twomey threw a bunch of midfielder names at Melbourne and lost track a bit. He doesn't know who Taylor will take at #5. The cat and mouse stuff. He hasn't got Smillie in the mix there as yet. But there is a little bit of jungle drum about Smillie in this range, perhaps at #5. He is certainly linked to RFC at 6 if we keep it. Persistent jungle drum.

Lalor
FOS
Smith?
Langford?
Smillie?
Tauru

We've got two or three roughly locked. I reckon Taylor is throwing fakes all over the joint. And he's still inscrutable.
I think trading pick 6 is counterproductive, that's a good player virtually locked. The right price is 10 & 18 with perhaps some sweeteners, good chance Tauru is there at pick 10, that should be the message to North.