2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Why worry about pick slides everyone knows what players won't be available to them so won't have any bearing if either we or Nth accept swaps or not.

I get that, there is an open pool etc, but its still wouldn't be the 18th best player in the draft, it would be the 21/22.

Not sure of this has been floated anywhere, but looking at the draft selections by club, the Crows only have picks 4 & 64, so they're in a similar position to North. Maybe they would be interested in splitting pick 4?
Pick 11 and one of our later picks might suit them and hand us another top 5 mid

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure of this has been floated anywhere, but looking at the draft selections by club, the Crows only have picks 4 & 64, so they're in a similar position to North. Maybe they would be interested in splitting pick 4?
Pick 11 and one of our later picks might suit them and hand us another top 5 mid
11 20 for crows pick 4
Interesting

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
We should draft Allan and keep him to play in premierships.
And trade for Reid in 26.

Drafting someone with the possibility to ontrade is doomed to fail i reckon

Beware! sounds awfully like a repeat of Judd to Carlton, Kennedy to West Coast scenario where I would argue West Coast won the trade
Maybe..but H Reid is an absolute gamewinner..he is Judd and more.

As long as we did not overpay. Say Allen and a F1.

Think about FOS/Lalor + H Reid + Tarranto + Langford + Hotten + Smart <2025.>....kicking to Whitlock, Faull,Berry and Hannaford.+ F1 2026

Backline rock solid with Balta Gibcus Brown + 2025-6 key back...or Tauru/Travaglia

A genuine finals side after 3 years from now.

Need to be bold to succeed from where we are.

Reactions: 1 user
Wouldn't be disappointed if we get Lalor and Langford in our first 2 picks. Think Langford could get there if we're to believe North will go a tall and Blues are after FOS. To me Jagga is a just a little bit vanilla in certain areas such as tackling (defence) and kick penetration. Kicks out wide a lot too (obviously can be tweaked). Can usually get your outside quick mids lower in the draft. Lalor has definitely been the talk recently.
Reckon Langford is there at 6
Is lalor and Langford a good mix both super talents with plenty of impact

View attachment 24729
Wait on
Who said Kane's slow? Kane McAuliffe combine result 20m sprint 2.930 hes not slow by any means
Also scored 5th best standing vertical jump 77cm, 4th running vertical jump 95cm
We havent seen the best of Kane as yet
As for Smillie I expect Cartoon to call his name out at pick 3

Kane is a young gun love the way he goes about it he gets plenty of the ball but seeing him throughout the year he ain't quick from congestion. Btw no one has said Kane is slow. I said that Taranto, Prestia, Hopper, Ross, and McAuliffe don't possess breakaway speed.
Dont think Blues will pick Smillie, I think it'll be Draper or FOS (if he's available).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Whos not rating McAuliffe Redmond, He is only in his first year. I havent read any negative comments.
Yeah there's been a few saying he's overrated, questioning certain attributes etc.

To be honest, I don't actually mind that though Hirsute. I'm not like a lot of Pom Pom wavers on PRE. I quite like objective criticism. It gets you thinking, even if you don't agree with it.

It's better than endless rah rah Richmond is great at and in everything, and then when we're not, going into defense or excuse mode.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Yeah there's been a few saying he's overrated, questioning certain attributes etc.

To be honest, I don't actually mind that though Hirsute. I'm not like a lot of Pom Pom wavers on PRE. I quite like objective criticism. It gets you thinking, even if you don't agree with it.

It's better than endless rah rah Richmond is great at and in everything, and then when we're not, going into defense or excuse mode.
That’s why I pulled you up on Green.
Your arms were flapping around like Kamdyn McKintosh

• Haha
I
That’s why I pulled you up on Green.
Your arms were flapping around like Kamdyn McKintosh
Yeah actually that's fair enough.

Equally, you'll understand why I pulled you up when you were big noting yourself about sitting next to him on a plane ....after you'd been bagging him out for so long.

Reckon Langford is there at 6
Is lalor and Langford a good mix both super talents with plenty of impact
One concern on this combination would be the darksider view.
Lalor becomes a waddler and doesnt have the endurance to play midfield. He becomes Raynor the 2nd.
Langford has endurance but not the toe or step. At AFL level he is no longerthe taller stronger player but a slower big bodied mid. Maybe a Dunkley but dark side he's a Matt Kennedy type. "provides valuable support to the team around the contest." (Quote about kennedy orig pick 13 now at his third club)

Again this is pessimistic, it may or may not happen.
The riskis that we get 2 players who are solid but not starting mids.
Its one reason why i'd trade up for 2