2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Absolutely not true,the market for first round picks is off the chart,at 20 u still will have about 10 guys who normally would be 10_15 in most drafts,with us not physically able to use all picks.
Correct.

People get far too caught up in point value.

Reactions: 4 users
We will get a slider and no doubt won't be able to believe the player we picked didn't get picked up prior.
Importantly if we don't move pick 20 on we get a pick before back to back end of first picks by Swans before having the 1st in the 2nd round

Reactions: 2 users
We will get a slider and no doubt won't be able to believe the player we picked didn't get picked up prior.
I’ve heard he’s a gun, great aerobic capacity, a natural leader with a lovey leg on him. Exciting times.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
People forgetting clubs will come to us for that pick 20 and offer us gold on draft night I think that's in their mind.

People forgetting clubs will come to us for that pick 20 and offer us gold on draft night I think that's in their mind.
I think you’re right. We may have paid overs (on draft points) but the long play is to position that pick for draft night.
When clubs vie for that pick. It becomes of more value than just a pick number. Strategically speaking.

Reactions: 1 user
If we don't bid Ashcroft at pick 1 then Touche n the club have no *smile* idea n should pack up their kit bags. Ashcroft has easily matched the performance levels of Jagga Smith all year this year and is virtually a year younger and Smith has dedicated his entire year to improving his footy. Kids old man was a champion n his big Bro just won the Normie coming off a knee reco. The footy talent runs mega deep, Levi's simply a rolled gold 200 plus game talent who will waltz into senior footy year 1.

Guess that every club in the comp could simply not bid on Ashcroft n let him go through to Brisvegas at pick 20, would solve all the problems. If they want us to not bid on the best kid in the comp at pick 1 plus give them the points they desperately need for Ashcroft and Marshall. There needs to be massive sweeteners for us. It's not Kris Kringle time.
Well there you have it, where there's smoke. Kris Kringle time. Guaranteed the agreement is not to bid on Ashcroft.

Reactions: 1 user
There's probably a bit more to play out Hirsute you boofy, woolly Angora Goat you - some other deal may be in the cards - but if not, early doors would suggest that unless Baker goes to Freo, then this ain't good for us. WCE will only have futures to trade for Baker. Dunno if we want those.

Baker would look good in purple without some other deal being in the winds.

Last edited: