2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

There's probably a bit more to play out - some other deal may be in the cards - but if not early doors would suggest that unless Baker goes to Freo, then this ain't good for us. WCE will only have futures to trade for Baker. Dunno if we want those.

Baker would look good in purple.
there's a big problem though given he's already nominated WCE his club of choice and old mate Graham is signed, sealed, delivered.

I'm personally relieved Bolton hasn't nominated the Shockers at this stage.

Reactions: 1 user
There's probably a bit more to play out Hirsute you boofy, woolly Angora Goat you - some other deal may be in the cards - but if not, early doors would suggest that unless Baker goes to Freo, then this ain't good for us. WCE will only have futures to trade for Baker. Dunno if we want those.

Baker would look good in purple.
They will be forced to split pick 3.

Reactions: 2 users
I think you’re right. We may have paid overs (on draft points) but the long play is to position that pick for draft night.
When clubs vie for that pick. It becomes of more value than just a pick number. Strategically speaking.
Yeah, we can double it's value n turn it into pick 10. Oh wait, we can halve it's value n turn it into pick 40, that'd be premium.

Well there you have it, where there's smoke. Kris Kringle time. Guaranteed the agreement is not to bid on Ashcroft.
Reckon we'll be highly unlikely to bid on Ashcroft. Starting to get the feeling that Blair's doing some assistant part time helper work for Brisvegas, just like Cotch has been doing.

Reactions: 1 users
There's probably a bit more to play out Hirsute you boofy, woolly Angora Goat you - some other deal may be in the cards - but if not, early doors would suggest that unless Baker goes to Freo, then this ain't good for us. WCE will only have futures to trade for Baker. Dunno if we want those.

Baker would look good in purple without some other deal being in the winds.
Doubt Wet Coke make the eight next year so I'll be happy to take their F1st for Bakes.

Reactions: 4 users
Doubt Wet Coke make the eight next year so I'll be happy to take their F1st for Bakes.
Huh ? They'll want to give us Hawthorn's (Carlton) future for Baker as part of a Barrass deal, not their own. Or Hawthorn's future. Neither are good enough.

Last edited:
FOS is Sam Walsh's cousin, that would be a big play
I think the interesting part about it, is that Carlton think they would get FOS with 3.

Don't think I've seen so many twists and turns ever, in an off season/draft lead up.

More to come I'm sure.

I think the interesting part about it, is that Carlton think they would get FOS with 3.

Don't think I've seen so many twists and turns ever, in an off season/draft lead up.

More to come I'm sure.

But theyve been saying theyre not prepared to trade their first picks maybe they think a late 3rd would get WetCokes pick 3

• Haha

More to come I'm sure.
Crazy stuff going on, we won't want to be too cute in negotiations.

But theyve been saying theyre not prepared to trade their first picks maybe they think a late 3rd would get WetCokes pick 3
They said they didn't want to trade their first pick (12) but they'd clearly like to trade it as part of a deal for pick 3, thus upgrading their pick

According to this, they are prepared to trade their two firsts - to get FOS. Maybe something else has to come with it, but as I say, I think the real story here is that Carlton think FOS is gettable at 3. If you believe that, then that means FOS is out at number 1 for us.

Who knows !

Reactions: 1 users
I think we need to go for pick 2. The roos said they'd happily drop a couple of spots for the right price.

Pick 6 and 20 for pick 2?

FOS and Lalor.